KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin vs Thanos/Darkseid

Odin vs Thanos/Darkseid
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 15 16 [17]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Odin is far and away the most powerful of the Asgardians though.

I mean....I don't think getting the powers of Balder and Freyja and Cul would do much.

At least in DC, Zeus is more or less comparable to Poseidon etc....

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 07:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
You asked me what the phuck I meant. Don't drag this out now that you know exactly what I meant. If he didn't power hijack, he would've gotten ripped. Period. Which also means that he didn't win convincingly. At least not in my eyes.

Heh! Dark literally took the words out of my mouth....

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How does that mean he didn't beat him convincingly? Because he didn't go the Hulk route and just use his fists??

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 08:07 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Why don't you tell me how I am wrong instead acting as if any of this shit actually matters irl.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 12:00 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

It’s simple really.. teenage Darkseid who is significantly weaker then adult Darkseid was going toe to toe with Zeus. Then near the end it appeared DS was losing but in reality it was all a trick (always was his plan) to absorb Zeus’ power into himself making himself stronger. The tactic killed the skyfather. Darkseid won using his powers (not just his fists) and killed Zeus. That’s a convincing win

So for the sake of the argument let’s say Odin was stronger then Darkseid. You don’t think this tactic of defeating a more “powerful” opponent using his powers he has isn’t a viable tactic?

As mentioned you don’t need to just throw punches to have a convincing win. He used his abilities and killed a stronger opponent.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 02:19 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Got it. Now when I said that he didn't win convincingly, I wasn't talking about throwing punches, I meant that Zeus was more powerful, and that in order for Darkseid to win, he had to resort to cheating. If I steal your power, add it to mine and deck you, I cheated to win.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 07:47 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How's it cheating?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 07:49 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Got it. Now when I said that he didn't win convincingly, I wasn't talking about throwing punches, I meant that Zeus was more powerful, and that in order for Darkseid to win, he had to resort to cheating. If I steal your power, add it to mine and deck you, I cheated to win.

Not at all. That was his entire plan to absorb Zeus right from the start and used the rope a dope. That is not cheating and within his power and abilities and since he is a villain also in character for him to do it

It’s 100% valid

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 07:58 PM
Insane Titan

Power stealing is a 100% valid tactic.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 08:05 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Odin saves Loki's life from them.
Then Loki teaches them a couple little things about power the old school way.
Loki lays these two down in an event that would make IG look like the end of the Universe.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 08:08 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I know, but I still viewed it as a cheat. Thanos did something similar when he fought Tyrant. I know it was all planned I read it, and my expectations were deflated when it went down the way that it did. I expected an epic battle that would've left the winner in a poor physical state. But that's neither here nor there, I just saw the victory as a cheat. No biggie.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 08:09 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Darkseid is.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 08:10 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

I know, but I still viewed it as a cheat. Thanos did something similar when he fought Tyrant. I know it was all planned I read it, and my expectations were deflated when it went down the way that it did. I expected an epic battle that would've left the winner in a poor physical state. But that's neither here nor there, I just saw the victory as a cheat. No biggie.
What Thanos did to Tyrant was different as he stole a object physically, what DS did was part of his powerset.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 08:11 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Darkseid is powered by gods he’s killed. If you ever read his history; the way he rose in power was by traveling the universe finding pantheons of gods and killing them making himself stronger. The Zues storyline in Wonder Woman was only an extension of what we already knew.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on Oct 23rd, 2019 at 06:14 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 06:08 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Insane Titan
What Thanos did to Tyrant was different as he stole a object physically, what DS did was part of his powerset.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 06:49 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Cheating means he broke rules, somehow.

There weren't any rules saying no power absorption. Creel doesn't 'cheat' in every fight. Sebastian Shaw doesn't cheat. Killer Frost, Black Alice...these guys aren't 'cheaters'.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 07:32 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Worth noting is the reason he stole Zeus' power, which is to......get back to full power.

So Darkseid [FP] > Darkseid [depowered - who has the ability to steal Zeus' power] & Zeus.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 02:54 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote