KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin vs Thanos/Darkseid

Odin vs Thanos/Darkseid
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the Darkone

Odin

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 06:55 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
I know youre doing a thing, but thanks for the scans thumb up will be useful sometime I'm sure.

You're welcome.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:24 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

That's a damn great job comparing them.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:46 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sensui

What's most impressive is these showings aren't even Darkseid's true form in the higher dimensional Sphere of the Gods which is even more powerful than the avatars of himself that are projected out to interact with the lower dimensional beings of the DC Multiverse.

Oh and the team Thanos/Darkseid wins.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 09:21 AM
Sensui is currently offline Click here to Send Sensui a Private Message Find more posts by Sensui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Lol at the scan dump

Has Darkseids true form been shown on panel? Getting kinda old reading innuendo and about avatars. Would like to see the real deals feats

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 09:36 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that was a sh!tload of work abhi. nice. some good stuff there. thumb up

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 11:49 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Philosophía
That's a damn great job comparing them.
Originally posted by leonidas
that was a sh!tload of work abhi. nice. some good stuff there. thumb up

Thanks. I was just baffled by a reply on another board that Orion and Superman can beat Darkseid any day hence he is not that powerful.

In the same way if Darkseid is shown equal to Anti Monitor, AM is weak. All of DC gods are weak.

Meanwhile Thanos fighting Odin is a feat for Thanos. Same thing for Jane Thor.

The hypocrisy is mind boggling.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 11:56 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithLantern93

Originally posted by abhilegend
Thanks. I was just baffled by a reply on another board that Orion and Superman can beat Darkseid any day hence he is not that powerful.

In the same way if Darkseid is shown equal to Anti Monitor, AM is weak. All of DC gods are weak.

Meanwhile Thanos fighting Odin is a feat for Thanos. Same thing for Jane Thor.

The hypocrisy is mind boggling.

One of the reasons why I had my Comic Vine account deactivated. Misinformation and hypocrisy there was just mind boggling as well. Great job abhi. Never knew PreFlashpoint Darkseid was such a beast.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 02:02 PM
SithLantern93 is currently offline Click here to Send SithLantern93 a Private Message Find more posts by SithLantern93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Holy Crap Abhi, talk about dropping the bomb. thumb up

Darkseid wins.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 03:46 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

I think the real winner here is -K-M- and his darkseid respect thread

(Love me...please)

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 03:56 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by -K-M-
I think the real winner here is -K-M- and his darkseid respect thread

(Love me...please)

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 04:09 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Odin.. Better feats.

Nice scan dump, but some mischaracterizations.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 04:36 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Odin .

Not because Ive been paying attention to feats. Mostly because I just finished american gods and am on a odin hype train

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 04:48 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Shit loads of cherry picking and outright twisting context of fears in the scans.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 05:58 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by abhilegend
Darkseid and Highfather destroy the source wall which encircles the whole universe and is nigh impenetrable.

Do they destroy the entire wall, or do they breach it? And does not the scan make it rather clear that it is impenetrable only to invaders that The Source protects itself from and not those coming out of necessity?

quote:
Darkseid and Highfather each provide 1/5th power to destroy an entire universe.

http://imgur.com/a/YWQtD

The scan is very specific with regard to what each of them contribute. Darkseid contributes a specific power as an acolyte of Anti-Life himself which allows them to turn some of Anti-Life's own power against him. Their combined contributions are like a recipe mix for the purpose of temporarily disabling their foe. With regard to destroying the realm/dimension (not called a universe), that is stated to be entirely accomplished by Fate and his spell. At least that is what the scan shows.

quote:
Scott Free with a portion of Highfather's alpha powers banishes Black Racer (an abstract version of Death) to his realm. He tries to attack Highfather in the very next page who casually blocks his attacks.

https://s6.postimg.org/iyqllnvqp/image.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/up4j31oj5/image.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/z8grok6ep/image.jpg

What exactly are you comparing here?

quote:

False. Odin is dying empowering a high powered, impregnable planetary defense system. The being who originally empowered the planet was a Celestial called The One Above All who sustained the planet indefinitely. When the need to sustain an impregnable defense system arose, that Celestial dies maintaining it, thus the need to capture and feed off of repeated cosmic level beings until they die. Odin is the next.

Odin is dying doing something that likewise caused a Celestial to die.

quote:
While Darkseid just reanimating a statue for a second spends more power than Apokolips spends in an entire year.

https://s6.postimg.org/5upmmpt2p/Darkseid-19.jpg

Yet you have no way to compare a defense system that nothing in the universe can overcome to Apokalips, wihich couldn't defend itself against Doomsday.

Below, Uthana Thot is shown holding an entire actual "universe" together using his personal power and will:

(please log in to view the image)

And we see that Odin overpowers him until attacked from behind:

https://static3.comicvine.com/uploa...20928-RCO01.jpg

Heck, if we bring up percentage of power needed to destroy a universe, Genis-Vell contributes 50% of the power needed to destroy the multiverse, yet King Thor, who is noted to be a novice at wielding the Odinforce, is still able to breach Genis's shield to strike him.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 06:32 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by TheHulkster
Do they destroy the entire wall, or do they breach it? And does not the scan make it rather clear that it is impenetrable only to invaders that The Source protects itself from and not those coming out of necessity?

They destroyed entire wall.
quote:

The scan is very specific with regard to what each of them contribute. Darkseid contributes a specific power as an acolyte of Anti-Life himself which allows them to turn some of Anti-Life's own power against him.

Which he stole from ALE and was shown still having it 20 years later in DOTNG. What about Highfather?
quote:

Their combined contributions are like a recipe mix for the purpose of temporarily disabling their foe. With regard to destroying the realm/dimension (not called a universe), that is stated to be entirely accomplished by Fate and his spell. At least that is what the scan shows.

That's some manipulation of words if I ever saw one.

Fate is a universal being? Never knew that!

quote:

What exactly are you comparing here?

Odin struggling against a death god and Scott Free banishing one without any issues.

quote:

False. Odin is dying empowering a high powered, impregnable planetary defense system. The being who originally empowered the planet was a Celestial called The One Above All who sustained the planet indefinitely. When the need to sustain an impregnable defense system arose, that Celestial dies maintaining it, thus the need to capture and feed off of repeated cosmic level beings until they die. Odin is the next.

Did you even read what the comic said? The previous God wasn't a Celestial, just a random god.

Thor and company breached that impregnable wall with no issues.

And Odin is specifically dying from powering the planet.

quote:

Odin is dying doing something that likewise caused a Celestial to die.

That wasn't a Celestial.
quote:

Yet you have no way to compare a defense system that nothing in the universe can overcome to Apokalips, wihich couldn't defend itself against Doomsday.

Nothing in the universe? That's a bold claim.
quote:

Below, Uthana Thot is shown holding an entire actual "universe" together using his personal power and will:

And we see that Odin overpowers him until attacked from behind:

https://static3.comicvine.com/uploa...20928-RCO01.jpg

Come now. If you want to show us something impressive, here is Highfather's creation literally holding godwave at bay.

http://imgur.com/9bzmKEU
http://imgur.com/V6q9Jgz
http://imgur.com/ENUnNSF

Darkseid casually created Takion's equal Stayne out of nothing.
quote:

Heck, if we bring up percentage of power needed to destroy a universe, Genis-Vell contributes 50% of the power needed to destroy the multiverse, yet King Thor, who is noted to be a novice at wielding the Odinforce, is still able to breach Genis's shield to strike him.

Genius merely provided the spark which helped entropy kill eternity.

But an alternate reality Thor broke his shield, is that it? You are really that desperate.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 07:17 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by SithLantern93
One of the reasons why I had my Comic Vine account deactivated. Misinformation and hypocrisy there was just mind boggling as well. Great job abhi. Never knew PreFlashpoint Darkseid was such a beast.
Originally posted by zopzop
Holy Crap Abhi, talk about dropping the bomb. thumb up

Darkseid wins.

Thanks.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 07:21 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Shit loads of cherry picking and outright twisting context of fears in the scans.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 07:22 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 07:24 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

Don't you know, I even gave issue numbers on each part to twist the scans and context!!!!!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 07:26 PM