KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin vs Thanos/Darkseid

Odin vs Thanos/Darkseid
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheHulkster

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
They destroyed entire wall.

Can you confirm that? Or at least give the issue and number?

quote:
Which he stole from ALE and was shown still having it 20 years later in DOTNG. What about Highfather?

Highfather provides the same thing Orion provides. A connection to the source which adds to the ability to attack their foe. Nothing to do with destroying a universe.

quote:
That's some manipulation of words if I ever saw one.

Fate is a universal being? Never knew that!

By destroying a realm/dimension? Hasn't Dr. Strange done that? Hasn't Hulk?

quote:
Odin struggling against a death god and Scott Free banishing one without any issues.

Two different characters, two different circumstances. Can I cite Hyperion being defeated by someone to show that that same someone can beat Superman? You don't accept that.

quote:
Did you even read what the comic said? The previous God wasn't a Celestial, just a random god.

Close enough if not. Especially with the name.

quote:
Thor and company breached that impregnable wall with no issues.

Thor and company never breach it, but are teleported in once Thor is determined to be a replacement for Odin as a power source.

quote:
And Odin is specifically dying from powering the planet.

Odin is also powering the defense shield that kills The One Above All. TOAA is fine while indefinitely powering the planet, yet dies powering the shield.

quote:
That wasn't a Celestial.

It sure has the look of one and the name of one.

quote:
Nothing in the universe? That's a bold claim.

Nothing so far, including Thor's sustained effort. and previously, an armada consisting of multiple empires (Skrulls, etc.).

quote:
Come now. If you want to show us something impressive, here is Highfather's creation literally holding godwave at bay.

http://imgur.com/9bzmKEU
http://imgur.com/V6q9Jgz
http://imgur.com/ENUnNSF

Darkseid casually created Takion's equal Stayne out of nothing.

Well, I guess we will have to see how you misrepresent that.

quote:
Genius merely provided the spark which helped entropy kill eternity.

Were exactly did you get that from?

quote:
But an alternate reality Thor broke his shield, is that it? You are really that desperate.

What alternate reality? That's 616 Thor with Odin Power.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 07:56 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Odin better feats, but its a battle DS is Odin equal

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:12 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Come now. If you want to show us something impressive, here is Highfather's creation literally holding godwave at bay.

http://imgur.com/9bzmKEU
http://imgur.com/V6q9Jgz
http://imgur.com/ENUnNSF

Darkseid casually created Takion's equal Stayne out of nothing.

So he's manipulating the energies to create holes and pathways? WOW that's grand!!!!!! Almost as impressive as manipulating The Crunch.

laughing

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:24 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Odin .

Not because Ive been paying attention to feats. Mostly because I just finished american gods and am on a odin hype train

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

👍👍 yea odin is sexy af

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:37 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

he's better in deadwood, one of the all-time great cable shows. thumb up

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by leonidas

thumb up thumb up thumb up
His Al Swearengen was guuud. His lines were the best. Heck the overall banter was top notch.
One of the most underrated cable shows out there.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:51 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

swarengen....

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I was just watching that the other day. I think deadwood had more depth to draw on..definate classic...leo have u seen pierce brosnan new western on amc? Im hearing mixed reviews

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:55 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Terrible ending though erm

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 09:16 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Sin I AM
I was just watching that the other day. I think deadwood had more depth to draw on..definate classic...leo have u seen pierce brosnan new western on amc? Im hearing mixed reviews

nope, haven't seen it. series?

@km--the ending was pretty good imo. not what i was expecting, but i think the situation worked out pretty well. it mostly worked for me, though i might have preferred something different. they never could have fit it all in had it gone the way everyone was thinking it might. consistent talk of more deadwood to come though, so keeping fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 09:28 PM
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Abhi.. Magnificent job. This comprehensive DS/Odin comparison needs to go on HC.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 05:30 AM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by TheHulkster
Can you confirm that? Or at least give the issue and number?

Already given. New Gods 10-11.

quote:
Highfather provides the same thing Orion provides. A connection to the source which adds to the ability to attack their foe. Nothing to do with destroying a universe.

laughing out loud

Your lowballing is amusing. But do tell where Fate got that power?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

quote:
By destroying a realm/dimension? Hasn't Dr. Strange done that? Hasn't Hulk?

No.

quote:
Two different characters, two different circumstances. Can I cite Hyperion being defeated by someone to show that that same someone can beat Superman? You don't accept that.

Yes, I know. Black Racer is far more powerful than a mere death god as Seth. Banishing him is far more impressive. My mistake.

quote:
Close enough if not. Especially with the name.

Haha, seriously? Also the god died creating the wall. Odin was dying powering up it.

https://s6.postimg.org/hqctu9gfl/image.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/nm263x6cx/image.jpg

Also Thor managed to breach it. Orion stunned himself trying to break a barrier created by a portion of Darkseid's power wielded by Kalibak.

https://s6.postimg.org/xyogpzzw1/image.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/v5v95yzjl/image.jpg
https://s6.postimg.org/opmafvr01/ne..._07_rougher.jpg

quote:
Thor and company never breach it, but are teleported in once Thor is determined to be a replacement for Odin as a power source.

Thor breached it barely and on the chance that he could do it, he was teleported.

quote:
Odin is also powering the defense shield that kills The One Above All. TOAA is fine while indefinitely powering the planet, yet dies powering the shield.

The god died creating the wall. Odin was merely powering it and died.

quote:
It sure has the look of one and the name of one.

laughing out loud

You can't even troll properly.

quote:
Nothing so far, including Thor's sustained effort. and previously, an armada consisting of multiple empires (Skrulls, etc.).

You don't say.

quote:
Well, I guess we will have to see how you misrepresent that.

No lowballing I gather?

quote:
Were exactly did you get that from?

The comic?

quote:
What alternate reality? That's 616 Thor with Odin Power.

Is it? And all he did was smash his shields, Genis was shown far more powerful than even Odin when he killed one of storm giants with one blast while Odin had to fight them for long at a lesser power level.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 06:46 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by TheHulkster
So he's manipulating the energies to create holes and pathways? WOW that's grand!!!!!! Almost as impressive as manipulating The Crunch.

laughing

This is not even worth a reply.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 06:46 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by panthergod
Abhi.. Magnificent job. This comprehensive DS/Odin comparison needs to go on HC.

Thanks.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 06:47 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 07:55 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Another comparison with a herald level character. Remember the soul survivor who stole Odin's power? He was powered up exponentially by absorbing the souls of a planet and far more powerful than he was when he had the power of Odin.

I believe he absorbed the souls of everyone that died when the Nega Bomb exploded in Kree space. That was a GALAXY wide extinction event. So it wasn't just a planet's worth of souls he absorbed, it was GALAXY wide. I hope someone has the issue handy and can double check.

The Soul Survivor Quasar faced was FAR, FAR more powerful than the one that took on Asgard.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 07:04 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by zopzop
I believe he absorbed the souls of everyone that died when the Nega Bomb exploded in Kree space. That was a GALAXY wide extinction event. So it wasn't just a planet's worth of souls he absorbed, it was GALAXY wide. I hope someone has the issue handy and can double check.

The Soul Survivor Quasar faced was FAR, FAR more powerful than the one that took on Asgard.

It was said that the souls of the kree homeworld were absorbed and it were "untold billions".

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 07:31 PM
-K-M-

Curious if their referring to my darkseid scans that were "cherry picked" and "twisted" as I will gladly argue them

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 09:07 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

KM, you'd do anything to be considered relevant. I can see why you're Canadian.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 09:22 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Just because I'm semi retired from debating doesn't mean I won't teach some whipper snappers

Don't take this from me...I neeeeeed it

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 09:24 PM