KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Which is the worst of the seven sins?

Which is the worst of the seven sins?
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote:
What's The Worst Sin To God?
Lucifer, the grandest of all angels, it was said fell because he wanted to be not like God but better than God. In fact, he wanted to be above God. This assumption is born from Isaiah and his prophesying against the king of Babylon, and through many other scriptures throughout the bible.
In Fact, Lucifer was chosen by God.
Instead he decided he wanted to be more than God had given him to be, what do we call this? ENVY!
Envy is a little sin, Satan tells us; but God says, it's a biggy!
Look at the 10 commandments, they ALL grow mainly from the root or the sin of envy.
EX 20:17 "Do not covet your neighbor's house. Do not covet your neighbor's wife, male or female servant, ox or donkey, or anything else your neighbor owns."
Coveting and envy are one and the same. Look at this Commandment, you will notice where God has placed it, right up there with the badies, murder and the such.
Look at your life, where do your sins come from if not from envy.

http://www.thegospeltruthministry.c...theworstsin.htm

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 05:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:41 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Envy is a pretty bad one, considering how much conflict tends to arise simply because one guy wants shit another guy has.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 01:33 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
That Spongebob occupies the Lust position makes me wonder why my fanfic never took off.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 02:10 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Envy is a pretty bad one, considering how much conflict tends to arise simply because one guy wants shit another guy has.

That was my thinking, yeah.
Envy begets quite a few of the other sins, IMO.
You get mad (wrath) because you're envious of others and what they have.
You want (lust) what they have.
You think you deserve (pride) those things.
You're too lazy (sloth) to work hard for those things yourself.
But not too lazy to take all you can (gluttony) that someone else has acquired.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:12 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by riv6672
That was my thinking, yeah.
Envy begets quite a few of the other sins, IMO.
You get mad (wrath) because you're envious of others and what they have.
You want (lust) what they have.
You think you deserve (pride) those things.
You're too lazy (sloth) to work hard for those things yourself.
But not too lazy to take all you can (gluttony) that someone else has acquired.
Because of the way you structured that post, I tried to read it out like it was going to rhyme. But it didn't so I read it out like a Christian rap.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 04:22 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Old Post Dec 11th, 2016 06:20 AM
immaturerainbow
Straight V I B I N G

Gluttony or Lust.
Obesity and STD's.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2016 06:43 AM
immaturerainbow is currently offline Click here to Send immaturerainbow a Private Message Find more posts by immaturerainbow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

STD=Seven The Deadly?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2016 09:33 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Again, I'd say it's pride, because pride is ultimately what allows people to justify putting themselves on the pedestal where they believe they have the right to do immoral things. What's interesting is that pride ultimately stems from feelings of self-loathing and insecurity, which stem from this ubiquitous visceral fear that one is worthless.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 05:37 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You make a good argument.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 11:22 AM
riv6672

Jealousy and envy are technically different but normally used interchangeably.

The phrase was used by, and possibly coined by, Shakespeare to denote jealousy, in The Merchant of Venice, 1596:

Portia:
How all the other passions fleet to air,
As doubtful thoughts, and rash-embraced despair,
And shuddering fear, and green-eyed jealousy! O love,
Be moderate; allay thy ecstasy,
In measure rein thy joy; scant this excess.
I feel too much thy blessing: make it less,
For fear I surfeit.

In Othello, 1604, Shakespeare also alludes to cats as green-eyed monsters in the way that they play with mice before killing them.

Iago:
O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on; that cuckold lives in bliss
Who, certain of his fate, loves not his wronger;
But, O, what damned minutes tells he o'er
Who dotes, yet doubts, suspects, yet strongly loves!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 03:05 PM
riv6672

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 06:52 AM