KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How good will a Trump Presidency actually be?

How good a president will Donald Trump be?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Phenomenal 10 19.61%
Great 2 3.92%
Good 5 9.80%
Mediocre 4 7.84%
Bad 5 9.80%
F*cking Terrible 8 15.69%
The Worst US President in American History 17 33.33%
Total: 51 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

How good will a Trump Presidency actually be?
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

I agree that Pence and the House/Senate remaining conservative are in a way more frightening then Trump himself. All the checks and balances built into our Government have essentially been unlocked.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 03:33 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The Republicans do indeed have some terrifying positions.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 04:12 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So at The very least The Republicans will have 2 years of fun holding things down but that still leaves The question of what Trump would actually do.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 04:14 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i believe that the first indicator of his post-election attitude will be in how he handles marijuana legalization in cali/nev/mass as well as already legalized states. people seem to forget how easy it was for the fed to shut down medical marijuana dispensaries by force, based on an archaic federal drug classification which is still in place.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 04:50 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

inb4 he rolls back gun laws.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 04:58 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i believe that the first indicator of his post-election attitude will be in how he handles marijuana legalization in cali/nev/mass as well as already legalized states. people seem to forget how easy it was for the fed to shut down medical marijuana dispensaries by force, based on an archaic federal drug classification which is still in place.

If he'd legalize MJ or even completely ended the war on drugs, I'd be quite happy with his presidency...assuming he doesn't cause more wars.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

The number of "worst presidency in American history" votes in this thread is quite telling of all the butthurt. Holy shit...it's not going to be that terrible. erm

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:04 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
The number of "worst presidency in American history" votes in this thread is quite telling of all the butthurt. Holy shit...it's not going to be that terrible. erm

Yeah, people just aren't thinking.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Famous last words.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:10 PM
Quincy
Debaser

The amount of people genuinely frightened for their rights is telling.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:13 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I do feel that the fate of the US-Iran Nuclear deal should also be a concern once Trump officially takes office.

Though I guess there's a silver lining in this in that America will finally realize that it has to change to prevent elections like this from taking place in the future. I'd like to hope that America would change for the better of at the very least the Republican controlled House and Senate don't shake things up too much.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:13 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quincy
The amount of people genuinely frightened for their rights is telling.

I know, who knew so many people were this stupid?

This is like the time people thought they could survive a nuclear bomb by ducking under their desk and covering their head.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I agree that Pence and the House/Senate remaining conservative are in a way more frightening then Trump himself. All the checks and balances built into our Government have essentially been unlocked.

That's not what checks and balances mean.

Having a certain political party in power does not eliminate the system of checks and balances. The checks and balances is not a phrase that describes congress and how the parties interact with each other. It describes how the 3 branches of the government check each other and balance each other's power.

Congress is supposed to balance the president by overriding his vetoes. The president uses his veto to keep bills from becoming laws.

Laws that are made that are unconstitutional are supposed to be struck down by the Supreme Court.

For example.

So if congress and the executive branch are from the same political party, that still doesn't give them unfettered control over all of the US Government.

Additionally, Trump has been quite anti-GOP at times and his polarizing behavior is going to make it difficult for them to have and easy all-powerful path to absolute domination.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Awesome, just awesome.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:24 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Surtur
I know, who knew so many people were this stupid?

This is like the time people thought they could survive a nuclear bomb by ducking under their desk and covering their head.

Why are they stupid?

You've got a fundamentalist christian vice president. How do you think rights for the LGBT community will be handled?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:26 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quincy
Why are they stupid?

You've got a fundamentalist christian vice president. How do you think rights for the LGBT community will be handled?

You're right, the LGBT community better start adapting ways to make their homes immune to arrows that have been set ablaze. I hear those things burn really quickly.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:31 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

What's Trump going to do?

Nominate at least one Supreme Court Justice.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:38 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Here's hoping Trump is a secret liberal lol

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 05:57 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Beniboybling

LOL

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 08:19 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling

From the amount of crying I've seen today? Hell yeah they must. Must be super scary people.

This is a lot of tears, I saw 3 children just get swept away by it in the street. I mean it's a shame, you win some..you lose some.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2016 08:21 PM