KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Maul comic

Maul comic
Started by: DarthDuelist9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Already preparing the excuses I see.

Good. Goooooood.

Screw you mad

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 09:10 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will be cool to see child Maul in comic form.

Tenuously excited to see how they f*ck it up.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 09:14 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by ILS
Will be cool to see child Maul in comic form.

Tenuously excited to see how they f*ck it up.

To be fair, the comics are normally pretty oke.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 09:21 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah and they usually get their best feats in that medium too.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Disney comics are solid.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2016 09:33 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Marvel comics actually.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 12:08 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

This better be good

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Marvel comics actually.
ironic post x9000.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 02:51 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul vs another Padawan.

It could go either way.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 07:50 AM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Anyone else found this series to be just...eh? I mean the last issue comes out July 19th, first 2 issues were alright, the last 2 issues...meh.

I hope the final issue is something good though.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Anyone else found this series to be just...eh? I mean the last issue comes out July 19th, first 2 issues were alright, the last 2 issues...meh.

I hope the final issue is something good though.

Don't kill the hype Zen sad
Maul might beat a Padawan! Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Don't kill the hype Zen sad
Maul might beat a Padawan! Happy Dance

It's just, the last 2 issues...just felt like Maul was a big babysitter. I felt it would have been better, if the Padawan escaped herself and then fought Maul, instead of being dragged around for nearly 2 issues and then fighting Maul.

But we'll see I suppose what happens in the last.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I'm honestly disappointed here. We were told we would see Maul would be seriously pulled towards the light and we'd see him being conflicted which would have made this comic or story genuinely interesting.

Also, it seems they've retconned the whole thoughtbomb thing with Jedi apparently not giving the sith a choice

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I'm honestly disappointed here. We were told we would see Maul would be seriously pulled towards the light and we'd see him being conflicted which would have made this comic or story genuinely interesting.

Also, it seems they've retconned the whole thoughtbomb thing with Jedi apparently not giving the sith a choice

That'll probably happen in the last issue during the fight with the Padawan, in fact it wouldn't surprise me as it would be any reason for her to contend with him if he's conflicted.

I found his older series more engaging though.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jun 21st, 2017 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:17 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Zenwolf
That'll probably happen in the last issue during the fight with the Padawan, in fact it wouldn't surprise me as it would be any reason for her to contend with him if he's conflicted.

I found his older series more engaging though. I kinda felt this series insulted Maul's abilities for combat.

1. Would make sense, but I feel this kind of development should have been spread out throughout the arc

2. I feel people would enjoy maul as a character way more if they stopped obsessing about his combative ability.

Regardless I'm pretty sure Maul's the sith equivalent of a padwan here so It's hardly fair to expect him to be pulling off tpm level showings, not that his showings have been bad here.

I just feel Maul would be better if he was handled more as a character rather than a combatant

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:23 PM
Zenwolf

1. Would make sense, but I feel this kind of development should have been spread out throughout the arc

2. I feel people would enjoy maul as a character way more if they stopped obsessing about his combative ability.

Regardless I'm pretty sure Maul's the sith equivalent of a padwan here so It's hardly fair to expect him to be pulling off tpm level showings, not that his showings have been bad here.

I just feel Maul would be better if he was handled more as a character rather than a combatant

1. True

2. I enjoy his character, but he started as nothing more than a complete bonafied martial combatant as of TPM, that's one of his character traits.

I dunno, I guess it's just weird for him to be needing Cad Bane and Sing really. Though yeah his showings were pretty good.

Yeah he's an equivalent to a Padawan, but title and position doesn't really mean much for Sith. I suppose it would be fair to see when this all takes place though.

We'll see I guess what happens, hopefully the fight is good.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 07:37 PM
Unbowed

I really don't see Maul's showings as being either good or bad. Just generic fodder slaughtering so far. We'll just have to wait for the fight to see how strong he is at this time.

But does anyone actually believe he couldn't have handled the whole hunting party by himself?

As for the final issue, I'm not getting my hopes up. You just know at the end it will be revealed that the whole ordeal was somehow a convoluted Palpatine master plan all along, and it will foreshadow Maul's demise on Naboo..

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Unbowed
I really don't see Maul's showings as being either good or bad. Just generic fodder slaughtering so far. We'll just have to wait for the fight to see how strong he is at this time.

But does anyone actually believe he couldn't have handled the whole hunting party by himself?

As for the final issue, I'm not getting my hopes up. You just know at the end it will be revealed that the whole ordeal was somehow a convoluted Palpatine master plan all along, and it will foreshadow Maul's demise on Naboo..

Well with the way the SW canon is going with numbers vs Force Users, dunno I mean in Vader's newest solo he got pressured with numbers.

I'm sure the fight will be good...hopefully.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 09:28 PM
Darth Thor

Just read this. I actually really enjoyed it.

Perhaps because I just recently saw this video of Lucas discussing the Sith and this comic was really consistent with Lucas's ideas on them:

https://youtu.be/44H1zWYubmM

And of course was cool seeing Cad Bane and Maul working together.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 06:55 PM
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Just read this. I actually really enjoyed it.

Perhaps because I just recently saw this video of Lucas discussing the Sith and this comic was really consistent with Lucas's ideas on them:

https://youtu.be/44H1zWYubmM

And of course was cool seeing Cad Bane and Maul working together.

Yeah, agreed. It did some justice to Maul and involving Bane and Aurra created some more continuity

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 07:45 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote