KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Patriots Day

Patriots Day
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Patriots Day

Based on the Boston Marathon Bombings

Stars: Mark Wahlberg, Kevin Bacon, John Goodman

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 12:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I saw the trailer for this before Hacksaw Ridge and I think it's awful.

Why does every "terrorist" attack have to have a fu#king movie?

The title of the movie makes it even worse... like it's patriotic to see it.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 12:20 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I heard this movie cost an arm and a leg

Too soon?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 01:26 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I'm waiting for The Fast & Furious Save The Twin Towers.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 01:38 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

so a screener drop on the net and i watched part of it

this was a really bad movie, its a bunch of horseshit to brain wash the american people with their muslims are terrorists

don't see this pile of crap, it's peter bergs worst movie, worst than battleship

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 11:45 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
so a screener drop on the net and i watched part of it

this was a really bad movie, its a bunch of horseshit to brain wash the american people with their muslims are terrorists

don't see this pile of crap, it's peter bergs worst movie, worst than battleship

Yeah, definite pass for me. Christ, I didn't even realize it was the same director who did Battleshit... that movie was utter garbage. Hancock was horrible, too.

Looks like the only decent movie he's done that I've seen is The Rundown. That one was kind of fun.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 04:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

The hell is going on? Is Peter Berg and Mark Wahlberg having some kind of love affair because their surnames are similar? This the third movie "based on a true story" they've made in the last few years. Lone Survivor, Deep Horizon, Patriot's Day - it's getting so I can fall asleep in one movie and wake up in the next without realising I'm watching two different movies.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 04:37 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Lone Survivor was alright. Deep Horizon was a snorefest. This looks shit.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 05:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I remember when this stuff was only good enough for a daytime tv movie.....

Old Post Jan 17th, 2017 05:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Ok alot of negativity towards this movie, and surprisingly very few comments on this thread.

I really enjoyed it, yeah ok we don't need a movie for every attack on the US or whatever but this story was done perfect. I did read there was alot of stuff left out or altered due to the "Holywood" factor.

Also chuffed this is not just a full on Mark Wahlberg film, alot of different aspects were done.

The interviews with the actual victims at the end was a nice touch, although I think they want you to remember this part more so you think the movie is a 10/10.

Enjoyable, Pulls at the heart strings,
9/10 for Discos

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 03:23 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

Originally posted by jaden101
I heard this movie cost an arm and a leg

Too soon?

Hey Not Funny!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 10:00 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by rox
Hey Not Funny!

In the immortal words of Basil Brush

HAHAHAAAA BOOM BOOM.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 10:04 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

The Rundown was a solid action movie.

Hancock was great until the third act. Possibly the worst third act for a good movie in blockbuster history.

Haven't seen Deepwater Horizon, but I've heard generally good things, and of course I'm sure the technical aspects of sound and visuals are superb.

However, I think Lone Survivor was one of the best modern warfare movies made to date. The stunt work was incredible, and it helped immensely having Marcus Luttrell as the primary consultant for the film. He was even a cast member as well.

All that being said, as an audience member who holds Berg's filmmaking capabilities in a high regard, I have very little desire to see this movie.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2017 10:38 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by John Murdoch
...I have very little desire to see this movie.

Yeah, I'd probably rather shoot myself in the leg than watch this.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 03:41 PM
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I'd probably rather shoot myself in the leg than watch this.

Lol. It won't be on the Netflix queue anytime soon.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 07:14 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I inagine the movie is WATCHABLE but not worth spending ACTUAL MONEY to go sit in a theater and watch it.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 07:28 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote