KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » So I'm Gonna Be a Dad (**Panic Mode**)

So I'm Gonna Be a Dad (**Panic Mode**)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Probably. It happens to all kids at one point or another.

Aww.. poor thing. sad

Old Post May 28th, 2017 01:56 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Its called Parent Training. She is letting you know who is on whose leash!

Old Post May 28th, 2017 02:16 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Heading to the hospital shortly for the c-section. cool

Old Post May 30th, 2017 01:26 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Good luck.

Old Post May 30th, 2017 08:36 PM
NewLanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Son born today at 12:51 pm here in Southeastern United States to me (an American) and my wife (Brazilian).

Weight: 6 lb 14 oz (same weight that I was! What a coincidence!)

He's beautiful and healthy so far. smile

(I can't successfully post a picture right now from my phone, but will at some point)

Old Post May 30th, 2017 10:00 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Trying to post some pictures of the little guy...

Attachment: 18836602_1751664024848864_1777531452789869444_o.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 12:57 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Love

Just too much cuteness...

Attachment: 18767592_1751425514872715_1727523818060402785_n.jpg

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 01:00 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Baby burrito... delicious...

Attachment: 18813353_1749988795016387_1809948785866627780_n.jpg

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 01:01 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Meet Theo. He's the most beautiful little mammal I've ever seen...

Attachment: 18740380_1750011051680828_7138726840132061160_n.jpg

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 01:03 AM
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

What a cutie.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 02:23 AM
NewLanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Thanks. Yeah, we're pretty enamored...

Attachment: 18893387_1753875884627678_6760227622325278425_n.jpg

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 09:49 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Re: So I'm Gonna Be a Dad (**Panic Mode**)

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, so I found out about 8 or 10 weeks ago that my wife is pregnant with our first child. We're excited... got our first ultrasound tomorrow afternoon actually. She's about 11 weeks now.

WHAT DO i DO??? sick laughing

But seriously, any advice for a first-time dad?

Congrats man. Have 4 myself. Only advice is to have patience. You're going to need it. lol

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 03:12 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Re: Re: So I'm Gonna Be a Dad (**Panic Mode**)

Originally posted by socool8520
Congrats man. Have 4 myself. Only advice is to have patience. You're going to need it. lol

Thanks. Yeah, I'm seeing that.. last night I was changing his diaper and he did his usual pee all over the place and then as soon as I switched out the dirty diaper with the clean one (I hadn't even closed the diaper yet) he pooped all over it. I just had to pause a while and laugh.. laughing out loud

Still waiting for his circumcision to heal so have to put petroleum jelly on the tip and still cleaning his belly button with alcohol until the umbilical cord falls off. So diaper changing is overly complicated right now.. laughing out loud

Working on a little video of the birth, so I'll post it when it's done...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 05:28 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Congrats, PL. Welcome to fatherhood.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 05:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Thanks, Rob.

Here is the little video I put together for the occasion. My welcoming him to the world...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:35 PM
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Robtard
Congrats, Leech

You probably don't want twins, you'll be getting very little sleep with one child over the next 12-18 months, you don't want to make that less.

It's a bit overwhelming at first, being responsible for another person that is completely reliant on. I didn't read any parenting books and I never cared for a child prior to my first being born, but all it fell into place rather well, almost natural.

I changed the first diaper on both my children so my wife could take a long needed sleep after delivery, be prepared for that first one if you do it, it's not like the rest that follow (ie regular baby doodoo), it's a tar-like substance that seems more akin to something that would come out of the ninth layer of hell instead of a baby's bottom.

Agreed to all this, especially be aware of the black tar 1st-time poop, and a big congrats to you and Mrs. Leech, Leech.

You're going to want to flip out due to the lack of sleep: don't flip out on your wife (from personal experience, ya big-time d-bag move I know), flip out on the weights, the lap pool, a tire with a sledgehammer, anything but people --- especially your wife.

I'll add another if someone has not already: take plenty of time off from work if you have the leave/can afford it. With my first, I took off a week and was a zombie. With my second, I took off three weeks. Helped my wife and daughter and myself adjust to number two and was much much better overall.

EDIT: Didn't check the whole thread.

Congratulations on the little fella, Leech! Being a father is one of the greatest gifts a man can receive. Thankful you, your wife, and baby boy are doing great!

Last edited by John Murdoch on Jun 11th, 2017 at 07:05 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 06:58 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Meet Theo. He's the most beautiful little mammal I've ever seen...

What is Guy Pearce doing holding your son?! Haha, JK. He is cute little fella, man.

Also on the circumcision: my baby boy will be 4 months on June 18th. After that was healed, much easier with the diapers. Still pees everywhere, but much easier without the PJ and gauzes.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 07:08 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Congratulations on the little fella, Leech! Being a father is one of the greatest gifts a man can receive. Thankful you, your wife, and baby boy are doing great!

Thanks a bunch! It's actually really awesome, so far. Of course we're only like 2 weeks in... haha, and we had a lot of help from my wife's parents, who leave tomorrow. I think we'll be alright, though. My parents live in town and my dad is a pediatrician, which is super nice.

What is Guy Pearce doing holding your son?! Haha, JK. He is cute little fella, man.

Haha, I'll take that as a compliment. Guy Pearce is awesome.

Also on the circumcision: my baby boy will be 4 months on June 18th. After that was healed, much easier with the diapers. Still pees everywhere, but much easier without the PJ and gauzes.

Oh yeah, we just got to discontinue to PJ and it's awesome. He healed up very quickly and it looks great. When my oldest nephew had his done 10 years or so ago it looked awful, it almost made me cry.. heh. My son's looks awesome already, completely normal. Just waiting for the umbilical cord to fall off.

A more recent picture...

Attachment: theo.jpg

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 04:11 PM
John Murdoch

^Man, he a handsome little guy. Glad he's healed up, and yes Guy Pearce is a G.

My son had an umbilical hernia where the abdominal wall beneath the belly button doesn't close all the way after his cord fell off, but it just healed up over the past week. If it happens, no cause for alarm. Also, VERY helpful to have a pediatrician for a dad haha.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 06:34 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

My son had an umbilical hernia where the abdominal wall beneath the belly button doesn't close all the way after his cord fell off, but it just healed up over the past week. If it happens, no cause for alarm.

Glad that healed up. That doesn't sound fun.

The in-laws are leaving tomorrow morning, so we'll be on our own! Aaaahhh!!!

I'm taking the rest of the week off from work, though. Should be fun. big grin

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 11:05 PM