KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Marvel's The Inhumans

Marvel's The Inhumans
Started by: Inhuman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, I'm sort of on Maximus' side after watching. Perhaps Iwan Rheon doesn't want to channel his inner Ramsey too early on so there appears to be some conflict/hesitancy in him as opposed to being outright evil. Bad guys who think they're good guys are usually interesting so I'll probably just watch for him.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 12:01 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Legends is terrible, at least the first season. This is definitely on par with that, and Maximus is the best character in either show after only 2 eps.

Eh I think Legends has always been tolerable. This show seems to have no redeemable qualities.

Plus how does one f*ck up shenanigans on the moon and a teleporting dog? But they did it, oh they did it.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 04:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Let's face it, a lot of people enjoy Legends and Flash. No one is enjoying Inhumans so far.

But gotta love the pointless Marvel Bashing vs DC Bashing

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 04:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I enjoy it

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 05:20 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Let's face it, a lot of people enjoy Legends and Flash. No one is enjoying Inhumans so far.

I want both to have good shows. The Gifted series looks more promising than this. But damn this is just like if a production crew time traveled here from 2007 and made a tv series lol.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 06:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

The concept could have worked they just got the wrong guy to helm it. Hopefully this is his final strike

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 08:13 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I like both Legends/Flash.

My dislike of this show isnt Company based though, its quality based.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2017 10:39 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Surtur
I want both to have good shows. The Gifted series looks more promising than this. But damn this is just like if a production crew time traveled here from 2007 and made a tv series lol.

Yeah I cam agree with this. It does seem dated to a fault. That why I was upset that Marvel decided to go with a TV series instead of a motion picture, I still think they could have had another GotG with a big budget Inhumans film. Missed opportunity.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 12:18 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah Inhumans could have been awesome as a big budget film.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 01:12 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I agree

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 02:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by tkitna
Yeah I cam agree with this. It does seem dated to a fault. That why I was upset that Marvel decided to go with a TV series instead of a motion picture, I still think they could have had another GotG with a big budget Inhumans film. Missed opportunity.

Speaking of, that's one way to make the bad moments in this show seem more bearable. Every time something dumb happens onscreen, just remember that, somewhere in that same galaxy, a raccoon is likely arguing with a tree.

Honestly, I would like to see a lot of their TV properties be converted into films. Fact is the overall consistency in quality of things like the Netflix shows have taken a dip as time has passed, and a lot of people (myself included) feel like 13 episode seasons are actually a bit too long. Hell, you don't even really need a very big budget to do something like a Daredevil film. The first John Wick movie had a budget of like $29 million, IIRC.

There are some obvious hiccups though. They'd need to make the Netflix properties a lot more family friendly if they want market them to the masses. Or, alternatively, keep it to online/DVD releases, and maintain the current tone. And I am pretty sure that all the Netflix people have it in their contracts that potential film appearances are still open to discussion. I know for a fact that this is the case for Daredevil. And I know the one Marvel executive said, way back before even s1 of Daredevil had aired, that the shows had the potential to cross the bridge to films depending on how successful they were down the line.

But, obviously, if anything will ever come from it remains to be see. I can still dream though.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 06:47 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I think I've figured out where this show failed for me. Before that, though, let me emphasize that I still prefer this to pretty much every DC show, apart from Gotham. I really like Black Bolt and I think Anson Mount is doing a great job within the role's obvious limitations. I like Ken Leung as Karnak and I like the way they do his powers (though I wish somebody would do a "cognitive recalibration" on him). I also like the tough guy Hawaiian ex-soldiers.

Where the show made a mistake is in the TV-14 rating. Inhumans should have been made for mature audiences. It should have been aimed at an adult audience, in the same line as Banshee or Vikings. Instead they compromised, hoping to capitalise on the teen audience. So you have a show about serious adults battling about adult matters, but you have to tone it down to make it more palatable for family viewing. So you have to compromise on everything: Story, violence, actions and consequences, language...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 09:05 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^show preference is a matter of personal taste, and i respect that.
That said, i've never been an Inhumans fan, and them stepping in as X Men/mutant surrogates has just not worked for me.
Recently, a poster (Uhtceare) on a different site put a finger on it for me when he wrote the following:

That's the whole problem with using the Inhumans as an X-Men substitute: at their core they are polar opposites. The X-Men use freakishness as a metaphor for every sort of outcast, racial, sexual, religious, whatever.

The Inhumans uses freakishness as metaphor for how ****ed up social darwinism really is as a philosophy, and for how pathetic elitist monarchies ultimately are. In other words, their freakishness is, in part, an exaggerated version of the various inbred flaws aristocrats developed. And in part, you are supposed to go, "look at how ****ed up these guys are; that's where eugenics leads you."

So trying to use the Inhumans as X-Men stand-ins is a huge square peg in a round hole thing. Even so, you can probably make it work if you stick to the new ones like Kamala Khan and Quake. But the Royal Family? The ****ing Royal Family? No ****ing way! You can not make those ****ers empathetic.

I found i really agreed with that. At the end of the day i just cant relate to what these characters represent, and dont think they fit the role they've been shoehorned into (through no fault of their own obviously).
It was fine when they were niche characters that existed outside the main MU, but as an integral part of it?
Not for me.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 10:48 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Before that, though, let me emphasize that I still prefer this to pretty much every DC show, apart from Gotham.

gotta love the pointless Marvel Bashing vs DC Bashing

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 11:05 AM
riv6672

Saying he prefers one thing over another (i prefer Coke over Pepsi, Pepsi is too sweet for my taste) isn't bashing.
I may have missed the actual bashing (Pepsi ****ing sucks ASS), the thread's 5 pages.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 12:16 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Karnak is a dumbass. Cries about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: how his abilities don't work after the bump on his head, but should have used said abilities before trying to traverse the clearly unstable and dangerous cliff face that resulted in said bump.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 12:22 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by riv6672
Saying he prefers one thing over another (i prefer Coke over Pepsi, Pepsi is too sweet for my taste) isn't bashing.

It is because there's only been a couple of sucky episode of this show, yet he feels the need to point out it's better than all DC shows. Lol, how is that not pointless DC Bashing.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 02:37 PM
riv6672

Because it isnt.

But i'm not looking to defend him, just thought i'd missed some actual bashing. Obviously not the case.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 06:02 PM
Darth Thor

Because it isnt.

Oh come on. My point was fanboys always have to bring it back down to Marvel vs DC.

"I won't criticise a Marvel show before making it perfectly clear that all DC shows are inferior"

His assessment of this show should have absolutely nothing to do with DC shows, be they sucky or not.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 07:32 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I may have missed the actual bashing (Pepsi ****ing sucks ASS), the thread's 5 pages.

Just ignore him. Either he's functionally illiterate or he's a troll. Either way there's no point in getting into a debate with him. My posts speak for themselves on the TV Talk forum, since I was the one with the highest hopes for Powerless, I am one of the few who always preferred Gotham to the rest of the emo-tweeny DC shows and I'm also one of the most excited about the new Titans series.

The fact that he perceives personal preference as bashing speaks volumes.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Karnak is a dumbass. Cries about [SPOILER - highlight to read]: how his abilities don't work after the bump on his head, but should have used said abilities before trying to traverse the clearly unstable and dangerous cliff face that resulted in said bump.

Ha - that's exactly what my brother and I said when that happened! I can only suppose they had to nerf him somehow as he would have been too OP, especially here on Earth against humans.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:40 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote