KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Your Top 3 Animes

Your Top 3 Animes
Started by: ThunderMs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The original Dragonball for me. To this day I still thoroughly enjoy most of the plots, and especially the fight sequences of the WMAT's -- they were just very well done, and really emphasized fighting technique and whatnot... Mind you, this was an age before Akira went crazy with "teh 'splosions and maxmum powalevells!!!!111!!" Back when quality storytelling was the prevailing force.

That said, I still do enjoy DBZ, but that's more of a nostalgia thing for me. I can certainly admit that lots of anime eclipses it all-around.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 02:49 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Terrible animes. Action is mediocre at best.

If action is what you need to decide a good anime or not, you're very shallow. Maybe reason you put DB Super above DBZ is because of universe-busting punch.

Back to topic, here's my personal top 3 :

1.) Gintama

2.) Berserk

3.) Hokuto no Ken

Last edited by Kirikaze Fuuma on Nov 27th, 2016 at 03:21 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 03:06 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by NemeBro
The first few arcs of Bleach were pretty good in the manga and I guess the anime (though the animation in the anime did get lazy at times). But the first few arcs do not make an anime. Bleach turned into a shitfest after the Soul Society arc.
I agree, though I did enjoy some of the later fights.

The ones where Ichigo kicks ass are usually the best.

In DBS, I can't even understand what the **** is going on.

On topic, what about Naruto?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 03:39 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Cowboy Bebop
Fooly Cooly
Bleach (but only because of Kenphachi Zaraki)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 07:48 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

1. Death Note
2. Monster
3. FMA: Brotherhood

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 08:49 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

There are some pretty interesting choices on this list but for me its kind of hard to narrow down all the anime that I've seen to just a top 3. Though for a list I'd rank my personal top anime in no particular order that I find particularly outstanding:

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone complex
3. Fate/Zero

Puella Magi Madoka Magika and Neon Genesis Evangelion are also high ranking as well.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 12:22 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

I try to remember no matter what someone's opinion is, maybe that show that you think is god awful, just released a new episode and that's their one reason to smile at the end of the day.

No real order here.

"Dragon Ball Z" will always be tethered to my soul because not only was it the first show that really got me into anime, but during a low point in my life later on, Vegeta was actually who inspired me to not settle, to get healthy, and constantly start striving for self improvement even to this very day. That's why I really like Super, it just boosts my mood overall when I watch an episode because it's like the one's who were with me early on in life and with me as I grew, are back and they're continuing to grow as well, and something about that just puts me in a state of complete serenity, I feel just like a little kid again each episode, and I wouldn't trade that feeling for the world.

"Naruto" will always be one too, I know people will probably question this one so allow me some backstory. I started reading it when it first came out until the very end, that's a lot of years, a lot of memories. It was the first Manga I really got into when I would pick up Shounen Jumps, to the point I started ordering the Naruto volumes from my local comic store. Naruto was something I could abscond into when things got too real and came at a time not too long after my older brother passed away. I really grew to relate to Sasuke and liked him a lot, and he really helped get me through that rough period in my life, an for that I can't thank Kishimoto enough.

Tie between "Hajime No Ippo" and "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure", I love both of these so much that I can't pick between them, but sometimes you just want to watch a man who wants a quiet life, finger a sandwich with a ladies severed arm until it sauces everywhere, and JoJo gives you that opportunity.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2016 06:08 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

hard to say but right now I'd go with

FMA: Brotherhood
Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works(series)
OPM

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 28th, 2016 08:20 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Cowboy Bebop
Fooly Cooly
Bleach (but only because of Kenphachi Zaraki)
FLCL is awesome.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 02:43 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whales

Fairy Tail
One Piece
DBZ

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 12:54 PM
Whales is currently offline Click here to Send Whales a Private Message Find more posts by Whales Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Too many to choose from. I can more easily list my Top 3 per genre, like fantasy, sports, martial arts, RPG, etc.

So, just to pick one each from a genre:

* Hunter X Hunter (2011)
* Hajime no Ippo
* Shokugeki no Souma

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 08:24 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Jmanghan

The ones where Ichigo kicks ass are usually the best.

Yeah, but those are basically non-existent post-SS.

quote:
In DBS, I can't even understand what the **** is going on.

What? DBS can be stupid, but it's not complicated.

quote:
On topic, what about Naruto?

I prefer it to Bleach and Dragonball, but it essentially has the same problems they do. Excessive filler and dragged on for way, way too long.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jan 1st, 2017 at 08:33 AM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 08:29 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Hunter x Hunter, Inuyasha, Ouran.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 08:31 AM
UCanShootMyNova is currently offline Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by NemeBro

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Just watched this recently for the hype, but I was pretty disappointed tbh. Maybe it's because I went in expecting a rollercoaster, but I felt like almost none of the emotional notes it was trying to hit got through to me at all.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Like, for example, the tragic showdown between two best friends who... had known each other for a grand total of a couple hours or so, and been friendly for like... ten minutes of that. If you can't tell, I'm talking about Sakura and Sayaka; their mutual death scene was clearly trying to evoke emotion, but all I could think about was how bizarre and out of left field it was.

I felt like it was a story with a powerful beginning and end, but had no middle substance to make me care how it ended. It didn't spend any time endearing the main cast to the viewer. Visually and artistically I thought it was pretty fantastic (I especially loved how they abruptly changed the ED on episode 3,) but the story itself is almost forgettable to me. Why did it make your top 3?

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Apr 9th, 2017 at 01:44 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2017 01:41 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Code Geass
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures
Trigun

Old Post Apr 9th, 2017 05:39 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Just realized, this thread needs more Rurouni Kenshin. I guess for a top 3 in no particular order I'd have probably that, then perhaps Overlord or something, as it was confirmed recently to have a season 2 after all (thank God) which I expect to be every bit as good as S1 if not more, and the 3rd choice is still tough, but screw it, I suppose to play it safe and easy I'll go with an obligatory classic like Cowboy Bebop.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 08:32 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah, Overlord S2 will be dope. Chair & Operation Gehenna animated = life.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 01:55 PM
dika123
unstoppable force

this list is f*cking short, back on the day i like these anime :

1.Naruto
2. DBZ
3. one piece.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 02:08 PM
dika123 is currently offline Click here to Send dika123 a Private Message Find more posts by dika123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

naruto ------>>>> when Naruto is still teenager

Dragon ball ----->>>> when goku is mature but not the new one.

One piece ----->>>>>> ehhh i forget why i like this anime...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 02:11 PM
dika123 is currently offline Click here to Send dika123 a Private Message Find more posts by dika123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

one punch man has a awesome fight. But not my favorite for some reason.

maybe if they change sataima' face more badass. Like Kratos maybe. And then i would change my mind.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2017 02:16 PM