KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Knightfall Vader vs. Darth Caedus

Knightfall Vader vs. Darth Caedus
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
It's in Threats of the Galaxy, if I remember correctly.

But it isn't referring to the Reborn, it's referring to Dark Jedi Masters, which Kyle also slaughtered.

Ah, that. Thought you might have referred to the Shadowtroopers or something.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 01:43 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
Same thing could be said for HoT or Meetra, tbh.

Who cares? Neither are in involved in this thread. Save your biased agenda for someone that gives two shits.

quote:
And the ones Katarn fought were listed as "matches for Jedi Masters" and were stated as being "high-level villains in any era"

Uhh, no. The quote was talking about Dark Jedi in GENERAL, not the ones Kyle faced specifically. Learn to read and comprehend once in a while, lmao. In fact, Kyle never even faced Dark Jedi as far as I know. Only Reborn and Shadow Troopers.

quote:
And then he goes on to best Desann.

Desann has no overly impressive feats or accolades to his name, so no.

quote:
Add in a couple of decades of power-growth, and prime!Kyle should be performing such a feat at his leisure

Kyle was never stated to receive any significant growth in power after the events of the game, so get that fanon shit outta my face.

You can't bullshit the greatest Katarn debater there is, kek.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Here is the quote that states that Caedus was distracted, btw.
I could see, why you would doubt it, tho.

Yes, facing multiple opponents will do that to you. This is not what I had in mind when people screamed "He was distracted!".

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:00 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Who cares? Neither are in involved in this thread. Save your biased agenda for someone that gives two shits.

Both those two are ahead of Jinn as it is, which is why I'm mentioning them.

Uhh, no. The quote was talking about Dark Jedi in GENERAL, not the ones Kyle faced specifically. Learn to read and comprehend once in a while, lmao. In fact, Kyle never even faced Dark Jedi as far as I know. Only Reborn and Shadow Troopers.

It's referring to the Dark Jedi Masters serving under Desann and the Empire Reborn, actually.
And yeah, Katarn did fight them, unless my memory is rusty.

Desann has no overly impressive feats or accolades to his name, so no.

Desann has collapsing structures larger than ships; being considered by Luke as a potent foe; and the ability to imbue the Force to other living beings, making non-Force sensitives into Force sensitives.

Strikes me as overly impressive, tbh.

Kyle was never stated to receive any significant growth in power after the events of the game, so get that fanon shit outta my face.

That's why logic exists. thumb up Going from a relative newbie with the blade, to the Battlemaster of the entire Order is obviously a pretty big leap.

You can deny it, but it's ridiculous and unfounded to do so.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:10 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

ability to imbue the Force to other living beings, making non-Force sensitives into Force sensitives.

You can deny it, but it's ridiculous and unfounded to do so.

This was due to the Valley of the Jedi, don't think under his own power unless it's stated somewhere.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Zenwolf
This was due to the Valley of the Jedi, don't think under his own power unless it's stated somewhere.

Actually, Threats of the Galaxy states that after absorbing the power of the Valley of the Jedi for themselves, Hethrir and Desann were given the power to imbue others with the Force, or something along those lines.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:19 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Actually, Threats of the Galaxy states that after absorbing the power of the Valley of the Jedi for themselves, Hethrir and Desann were given the power to imbue others with the Force, or something along those lines.

Ah, yeah I see it. Though it says artificially and I recall that Luke said something along the lines, of using the Artusian crystals to do that.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Nov 19th, 2016 at 02:24 PM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:22 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
Both those two are ahead of Jinn as it is, which is why I'm mentioning them.

I wouldn't say it was something because of army busting, no

quote:
It's referring to the Dark Jedi Masters serving under Desann and the Empire Reborn

Quote, please. Also, when did he right Dark Jedi Masters? During the Yavin and Doomgiver stages, every foe Kyle fights are either Reborn, or Shadow Troopers.

quote:
Desann has collapsing structures larger than ships

Solid TK feat.

quote:
being considered by Luke as a potent foe

A dime a dozen accolade really.

quote:
and the ability to imbue the Force to other living beings

Via special crystals, and how is this combat useful again?

quote:
Strikes me as overly impressive, tbh.

I mean, it's impressive, but hardly jaw dropping. Sources have gone on record saying Desann is still striving to becoming a master of the dark arts and such.

quote:
That's why logic exists.Going from a relative newbie with the blade, to the Battlemaster of the entire Order is obviously a pretty big leap.

Kyle wasn't a newb during Jedi Knight II: Outcast, he had formerly trained for some time and everything, and even had an apprentice in Mara Jade Skywalker. erm

Plus, it's not exactly relevant how long Katarn was a Jedi for, giving the NJO gave out titles significantly faster than the old Order.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:28 PM
MythLord
Diamond

I wouldn't say it was something because of army busting, no

Well technically none of them are true army busters, since they took on group after group, at which case it's more a matter of stamina. : Shrugs

Quote, please. Also, when did he right Dark Jedi Masters? During the Yavin and Doomgiver stages, every foe Kyle fights are either Reborn, or Shadow Troopers.

Turns out they just served the Empire Reborn. I looked over the Speed Run of JKII and couldn't see them. : Shrug

Via special crystals, and how is this combat useful again?

Wait? What special crystal? And it implies a good deal of raw power.

I mean, it's impressive, but hardly jaw dropping. Sources have gone on record saying Desann is still striving to becoming a master of the dark arts and such.

TotG claims Desann has mastered the Dark Side, despite his lack of experience -- which to beings of great potential doesn't really matter anyways.

Kyle wasn't a newb during Jedi Knight II: Outcast, he had formerly trained for some time and everything, and even had an apprentice in Mara Jade Skywalker. erm

He was a "Jedi failure" throughout most of the game, actually. He's even abandoned use of the Force, which is why Desann initially stomped him like he did.
Only afterwards does Mara seek him out for him to help her train.

Plus, it's not exactly relevant how long Katarn was a Jedi for, giving the NJO gave out titles significantly faster than the old Order.

Sure, but the fact that he was considered as a worthy replacement for Kam Solusar as the Jedi Battlemaster implies a growth in skill, at least in a technical sense, IMO.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:39 PM
Zenwolf

Wait? What special crystal? And it implies a good deal of raw power.

The Artusian crystals.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:53 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Oooh yeah... Those things.

Dropping my point on Desann imbuing Force powers to fodder, then.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 02:55 PM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Why is everyone wanking RotS Vader all of a sudden?

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 03:30 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

It's not all of a sudden. It's been happening for the last several months.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 10:50 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gideongarner01

Originally posted by Deronn Solo
That's assuming Kyle is even all that good from the start, lmao.

I think beating an almost Darth Vader peel opponent is pretty good lol. And then an injured caedus could ragdoll him. That’s proof right there that caedus is stronger than all versions of Vader.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2019 08:51 PM
Click here to Send gideongarner01 a Private Message Find more posts by gideongarner01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gideongarner100

Caedus sweeps and he hasn't been debunked. Only idiots would say that. George lucas himself has said that prime suit vader>ROTS Anakin and caedus has been stayed many times even by luke ducking skywalker himself to be far superior to vader. So you peole need to make up your damn minds. Going on FEATS and STATEMENTS caedus=Yoda>prime suit vader>k nightfall vader. These are the facts that people just have to live with whether they like it or not.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 06:11 PM
Click here to Send gideongarner100 a Private Message Find more posts by gideongarner100 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IdrisianGraecus

KFV ****stomps here lol. I love Caedus, but he is most definitely not at the level of Yoda, ROTS Sidious, or KFV.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 12:23 PM
Click here to Send IdrisianGraecus a Private Message Find more posts by IdrisianGraecus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

KFV just conjurs an image of Vader sitting on his plantation in a fancy antebellum white suit and sipping a mint julep.

The Dark Side is the best part of the chicken.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote