KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Thread for all quote/source inquiries!

Thread for all quote/source inquiries!
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

Thread for all quote/source inquiries!

Since we seem to be getting multiple threads asking for a quote or source. I figure why not make one thread to it instead? Gets rid of forum clutter when the thread question has been answered.

So if anyone has a question for needing a quote or source brought forth, this can be the place to do it!

I figure I'd also start by asking, if anyone knows.

Where is it said by Lucas or Pablo, about the speed of Force Users being faster than what the camera can show on screen?

I've seen this claim thrown around a few times for years and just wondering if anyone has a source. I've tried looking, but can't find anything on it...not sure if I'm looking in the right areas or what.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Anyone has the quote when Syn broke up his friendship with DMB?

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 05:21 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

A Caedus > Kyp quote/Jacen is MVP Jedi behind Luke accolade, if one exists.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Good thread. We needed this.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 11:12 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Is it possible for a mod to pin this to the front page so that it doesn't disappear?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 12:21 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Does anybody have the quote for Palpatine's face being a mask and Sidious's face after having the lightning turned back on him being his face all along?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 04:29 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh wow, the thread's been pinned.. This should prove to b a most useful thread. I suggest anytime someone finds a quote and posts it in another thread, that they post it here as well.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Since it's been pinned I'll ask my stuff here from now on.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 08:36 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Gr8. Anyone got the quote that says Luke is legit more powerful than Sheev?
I only get ambiguous implications from LotF... and they're all subjective.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 08:39 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Doesn't exist.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I will not give up hope.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 08:48 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Gr8. Anyone got the quote that says Luke is legit more powerful than Sheev?
I only get ambiguous implications from LotF... and they're all subjective.

Sidious says outright that Luke can surpass him. And the same thing is stated in regards to Galen who Luke has equal potential to. Seems like a pretty solid basis if not outright confirmation by a third person source.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 10:41 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 10:50 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Sidious says outright that Luke can surpass him. And the same thing is stated in regards to Galen who Luke has equal potential to. Seems like a pretty solid basis if not outright confirmation by a third person source.
Dat unneccessary and unrequested Marek wank.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Luke beats Sidious because of superior physical capabilities and lightsaber

But, in terms of actual Force users, Sidious has: a wider array of abilities to call upon, superior mastery, equal combative effectiveness, and greater DC.

The closest Like has to a G.O.A.T. mortal Force sensitive feat is the "Force god" comment in the paperback version of "The Unifying Force". Even then, Vitiate has similar hype, so there is that.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Luke beats Sidious because of superior physical capabilities and lightsaber

But, in terms of actual Force users, Sidious has: a wider array of abilities to call upon, superior mastery, equal combative effectiveness, and greater DC.

The closest Like has to a G.O.A.T. mortal Force sensitive feat is the "Force god" comment in the paperback version of "The Unifying Force". Even then, Vitiate has similar hype, so there is that.

Like has better TK feats though, IIRC.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Where's the supposed quote of Anakin normally being tier 8 before becoming tier 9 when he taps into his anger? All I've seen are quotes putting Anakin directly in tier 9.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 03:53 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

It's just in that Nick Gillard interview that I think Ant? posted recently. He says Anakin goes to the Dark Side, it's like taking "Force LSD", and he becomes a tier 9.

Last edited by Trocity on Nov 22nd, 2016 at 04:14 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 04:11 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I thought he was referring to a permanent shift, not a temporary one. That's what I've heard people mention.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 04:11 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah, he's mentioned it before. About how Anakin reaching level 8 was like a kid stumbling upon Pandora's box. Level 8 is apparently where the dark side is the most tempting, because it offers a straight-shot into level 9 or something to that effect--and Anakin wasn't mentally ready to reach that stage, even though he was physically. It's bizarre, but also an interesting way to look at it I guess.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 04:55 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote