KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Thread for all quote/source inquiries!

Thread for all quote/source inquiries!
Started by: Zenwolf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I specifically recall you in awe I wanted to upload a fan-film I made because the legality of it is in question.

Now you're linking people to a site blatantly not legal. Lmfao.

It would be found by a simple search anyway it's google, it's not editing an entire movie, which I recall was taken down more than once when you tried it . But I mean that's fair.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 29th, 2017 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2017 03:30 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Quote for starwars.com being canon? the databamnks?

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 01:01 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

The canonicity of Starwars.com, the official Star Wars website run by Lucasfilm staff, is not in question.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 01:17 PM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So not sure if anyone knew, cause as far as I know a lot of people were stumped. But Palps did know that the Vong were coming and was preparing for them by creating the Empire.

quote:
"In a way," Doriana conceded. "But on a plane far different from the one where beings like you and I exist. What's important right now is that Lord Sidious has access to information sources that the Jedi don't have."

"And what do these sources tell him?"

Doriana braced himself. "There's an invasion coming," he said. "A massive assault force of dark ships, shadowy figures, and weapons of great power, based on organic technology of a sort we've never seen before. We believe these Far Outsiders, as we call them, already have a foothold at the far edge of the galaxy, and even now have scouting parties seeking information on worlds and peoples to conquer."

"Stories of mysterious invaders are both convenient and difficult to disprove," Mitth'raw'nuruodo pointed out. "Why do you only now tell me this?"

Doriana nodded toward the door. "Because Vicelord Kav and his associates don't know," he said. "Neither does anyone else in the Republic. Not yet."

"When will Darth Sidious tell them?"

"When he's turned the Republic's chaos into order," Doriana said. "When we've built an army and a fleet capable of dealing with the threat. To announce it before then would do nothing but create panic and leave us open to disaster."

- Taken from Outbound Flight

Of course that isn't the sole reason, he wanted control of the galaxy regardless, but I just figured to share this little bit since I know a lot were kind of wondering where this supposed quote came from.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Jul 31st, 2017 at 02:24 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 02:22 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Makes sense, given the whole Vergere situation.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 10:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Quotes saying how strong the nexus on Dromund Kaas was during the Old Republic era. I thought I had some saved, but I don't.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 01:52 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote:
Even though the planet is bristling with the energy of the dark side, it is the Imperial military that has the largest visible presence on Dromund Kaas.

--The Old Republic Holonet

quote:
The powerful electrical storms were a physical manifestation of the dark side power that engulfed the entire planet—a power that had brought the Sith back here a millennium before, when their very survival had been in doubt.

--The Old Republic: Revan

quote:
The planet he was regarding with such intensity was either ocean or marsh, with very little dry land. It was a marked contrast with Korriban, which had been their last stop. But it was, to Luke’s mind, every bit as dangerous. Maybe more.

[…]

"We need to watch one another closely. If Master Katarn could be swayed, then any of us could. Not just Vestara.”

[...]

Luke stood for a moment, his eyes and other senses searching the landscape. “Anyone sense anything?”

Ben extended himself in the Force, both opening himself to the vile sensation of the dark side and utilizing his senses—even smell, temporarily at least—to gather what information he could.

“Other than the obvious, which is a metric ton of dark-side energy, I can’t sense anything,” Jaina said.

[...]

“It’s... so strong,” Vestara breathed. Ben glanced over at her. Her brown eyes were wide, and her voice was a mixture of horror and attraction.

“Vestara,” Luke said, sharply but not angrily, and she blinked as if coming out of a daze. “Do you sense any signs of the Sith or Abeloth?”

She shook her head, looking more like her usual alert self. “No. That nexus pretty much drowns out anything else.”

[...]

Luke and Jaina were fighting back-to-back. The Sith attacking them had two advantages. One was the fact that they outnumbered the two Jedi. The second was that they were being reinforced by the emanations of the dark-side nexus within the temple. It surged forth like psychic sewage, clogging the Jedi’s reflexes as it fueled their enemies.

[...]

“I don’t think you did,” Luke replied. “They probably assumed we’d do exactly what we have been doing—investigating planets traditionally associated with Sith history. Khai probably chose this place because of the nexus. They could send a smaller team and still be stronger.”

--Fate of the Jedi: Ascension

Then there are places like the Emperor's Citadel and the Dark Temple that are focal points even within the nexus of Dromund Kaas itself, that have their own separate quotes:

quote:
Hundreds of years ago, the Sith Emperor ordered the construction of the Dark Temple as a burial place for his dead and defeated enemies, "to aid them in becoming one with the Force." Little is known of what rituals the Emperor performed there, but the Dark Temple has become a nexus of powerful dark side energy, and a place where ancient weapons and ancient secrets of the Sith lay sealed away in cavernous chambers.

Although the Dark Temple grounds have always been a dangerous place for the weak-willed (the expansion of the Kaas City power grid into tunnels beneath the temple drove a thousand slaves mad), the temple itself remained sealed until recently, when an expedition of power-hungry Sith Lords and their servants breached the gateway.

--The Old Republic Codex: The Dark Temple

quote:
The dark side power emanating from within the building was undeniable; he had felt the raw, crackling energy every day during his years as an acolyte.

quote:
"The dark side obscures my sight. We are walking into a time and place of shadows, and I cannot promise you we will ever come out."

--Revan, The Old Republic: Revan

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by Azronger
--The Old Republic Holonet

--Fate of the Jedi: Ascension[/i]

Then there are places like the Emperor's Citadel and the Dark Temple that are focal points even within the nexus of Dromund Kaas itself, that have their own separate quotes:

--The Old Republic Codex: The Dark Temple

--Revan, The Old Republic: Revan
Many thanks, Az.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 05:24 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

@Az or ShootingNova.

In the RotJ Sidious RT SN has Sidious's commentary on Force storms listed as evidence that Sidious can create Force storms before DE. Does that mean that all of Sidious's commentaries in the Book of the Sith were made after RotS?

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 11:33 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

They were. He recovered the texts from the Jedi Archives after Order 66.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 01:56 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
@Az or ShootingNova.

In the RotJ Sidious RT SN has Sidious's commentary on Force storms listed as evidence that Sidious can create Force storms before DE. Does that mean that all of Sidious's commentaries in the Book of the Sith were made after RotS?

Check out my super respect thread. All the information you need is presented there.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by NewGuy01
They were. He recovered the texts from the Jedi Archives after Order 66.

Thanks NewGuy.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 05:45 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Chee's quote about any source being able to be challenged? At least, I think that's what it was. Anyone have it?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 02:04 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Anybody having the quote showing Caedus struggling or failing to pierce beskar armor?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 11:36 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

With what?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Caedus not being able to pierce Mandalorian armor with a lightsaber blade. Heard that was a thing.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 01:02 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

But Caedus slipped in the opposite direction, dragging his blade across the Mandalorian's faceplate, then pulling it back across the breastplate. The slashes would have cut through normal armor like a plasma torch through plastoid, but all they did to Roegr's blue beskar'gam was burn a couple of deep furrows.

Then Caedus did a peculiar thing. He paused for an instant, glowering at the Mandalorian's blue armor as though offended by its color. Jaina saw the chance for a difficult oblique shot past Roegr's helmet and swung the QuietSnipe over.

Caedus brought the pommel of his lightsaber down, striking the breastplate not all that hard, not quite in the center: and shattering it. The beskar didn't burst apart or send shards flying, or do anything remotely explosive. It just crumbled away from the vacproof under-liner, leaving Roegr faceplate-to-chin with his soon-to-be killer.

Jaina was too disciplined to let her shock distract her, but she was shocked. Beskar'gam was some of the toughest armor in the galaxy, able to deflect blaster bolts and lightsaber strikes with little more than a scorch mark, and her brother had just destroyed a piece with a tap. Had he mastered the shatterpoint?

The academy Archives claimed that it was a lost and rare art, the ability to perceive points of weakness where a small amount of precisely applied force would unlock the unseen structures that bound together even the most indestructible materials and situations. The great Jedi Master Mace Windu, who had died in the Clone Wars, had been known to possess the gift. He had been the last.

Until Caedus.

Growing more frightened than ever by the magnitude of her brother's powers-and therefore even more resolved to stop him-Jaina set her front sight on Caedus's ear and fired a burst of three pellets: just as Caedus flipped his lightsaber around and thumbed the activation switch.

---

What's the argument, anyway? That Caedus isn't strong enough to do it?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Aug 10th, 2017 at 03:51 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

More a comparison. Thanks for the quote.

Do you have the one saying that the Mass Shadow Generator plowed ships kilometers below the surface?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:34 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That's from the Revan novel.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:36 AM
UCanShootMyNova

I'll look into it.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 04:38 AM