KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » matrix reloaded opinions

matrix reloaded opinions
Started by: Alias

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alias

matrix reloaded opinions

i watched matrix reloaded the other day and i have to admit i slept through most of it. i do like matrix and was so shocked after realising i just slept through the biggest film of the year. i think the first one was better although the second had more fighting scenes. the fighting was boring it was like a dance routine, it was too cherographed which made it dull. and i though morpheous was meant to be something big in the movie but in reloaded he was shown to be weak and less important. i cant wait to watch revolutions though because i am still confused about what the matrix is and hopefully all questions will be answered. as for carrie ann moss well done her appearance was better than the first.
overall it was a good film but not as good as i expected. ill stop now im probably boring u already.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 06:19 PM
Alias is currently offline Click here to Send Alias a Private Message Find more posts by Alias Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
buffymitch
Colossus

THe matrix relaoded is e very bad movie. THere is very little acting required and the fight scenes look like they are ripped out of a ps2 game. To be honest it was a very big dissapointment. All of the new characters have so litlle screen time. This movie sucks. Th efirst one was so much better. I can't wait to see what they did with the 3rd installment.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 06:39 PM
buffymitch is currently offline Click here to Send buffymitch a Private Message Find more posts by buffymitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i liked it. It defines the matrix atmosphere better in my head. Especially all the new characters. The fights are good for a movie, what's wrong with them...the HAD to make them spectacular.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2003 07:26 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

It was very good that had you in a cliffhanger in the end but Morpheus kicked @$$ best part was he killed those's twins that was awesome...slept yeah right.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 11:14 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolboarder98

I just saw it the other day and I thought it was really good, about as good as the first. But it leaves you hanging in too many places. Such as all of that giberish when Neo was talking to the Achetect or what the hell is going on about there being 6 previous Matrix's and 6 previous Ones? Would that make Neo the 6?

-Robert Plant, The Lemon Song, Led Zeppelin II

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 11:18 AM
coolboarder98 is currently offline Click here to Send coolboarder98 a Private Message Find more posts by coolboarder98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maul's woman

I LOVED IT!!!

I want more. In November will be more!! HURRAH!!!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 06:26 PM
maul's woman is currently offline Click here to Send maul's woman a Private Message Find more posts by maul's woman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lcx

X-man 2 is best that Matrix Reloaded

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 07:12 PM
lcx is currently offline Click here to Send lcx a Private Message Find more posts by lcx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

whoah..that's really smart.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 07:29 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo-generate
Jedi Master

For those of you out there who DIDN'T like Matrix reloaded, i want to know why? although i may get many answers, there is only one reason [SPOILER - highlight to read]: YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE MEANINGS BEHIND THE THINGS YOU SEE - As the old saying goes: Everything is not as it seems watch it again and try to understand what is trying to be said. its not just a movie, its areflection of society. we live in the matrix!

There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

With Great Power, comes Great Responsibilty.

The Secret to success is within you.
Govern your anger.
Channel your strength.
Take control.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 03:26 PM
neo-generate is currently offline Click here to Send neo-generate a Private Message Find more posts by neo-generate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

i enjoyed it, but not as good as teh first one.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 09:26 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Belongs in the Matrix forum. Moving...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2003 10:34 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skittles19
***** what?

Reloaded is a great movie.. I think people just hyped it up in their heads too much...
You have to stand back and consider how much they put into this movie... Sure the fight scenes are video game-ish... but don't they take place in a computer world?

I think of the matrix as a really good video game made into a movie smile

just consider how many sucky movies there are out their and if you really want to put reloaded w/ them ( think...jason vs. freddy lol)

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 11:02 PM
Skittles19 is currently offline Click here to Send Skittles19 a Private Message Find more posts by Skittles19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trav6612
She is Hot

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skittles19
[B]Reloaded is a great movie.. I think people just hyped it up in their heads too much...
QUOTE]

I would agree with you skittles, people did hype it up more than it should have been. The first one was so good, that everyone began getting ideas, some more far fetched than others, that they filled in all the blanks with the best things they could imagine, wanting it to be perfect, but as we know it is almost impossible to be perfect. I liked the Matrix reloaded, but I do believe that it was a big time "LINK" movie.
It is the big link between the 1st and the last. It was the transition movie. To help explain alot of things.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 11:10 PM
trav6612 is currently offline Click here to Send trav6612 a Private Message Find more posts by trav6612 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Yeh I liked it but it does have some boring parts, the dialoge is just to phylosofical(sp) that it gets kinda confusing, and the action seems to be a mean to spice things up. I loved the highway scene but it is very big, and Neo fighting the smiths its also way to big. But I also think this movie cant be judged alone, after all it is a cliffhanger!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2003 11:28 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Um, I loved the movie. But Im not going to lie.

The Fighting in this Movie almist sucked. Correction every Neo Fighting scene, almost sucked. It was a Huge Step Backwards from Part One. The puches had no impact, no sounds that added umph, so as the action Develops, the Crowd is just sitting there, and not really into it. Sad to say, but I bet, well get better fighting scenes, in Charlies Angels 2.
I know Neo is so pwerfull that he puts in less effort, But still the fights sucked. It's liked they tried to up the ante in every aspect, and the only thing that was significanlty upped was the Story. Fx, were no better than Spiderman, and Definitly not better than Blade 2.

Infact just watch the fight scenes in Blade1 and 2, and Matrix 1, Then Watch Reloaded, and you'll get the point.

They really slacked on the Fighting creativity, and in all was poorly executed. If want to watch a rompem, stomped sluggfest movie, Reloaded wont come to mind...Matrix 1 does, and the Blade Movies.

Reloaded was too soft. At times a felt they were trying to make a pg-13 Rating.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 02:31 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mac11586
Fallen Jedi

I agree with what was posted earlier, this film is a transtion film. The first movie had a neat little set up and didn't have to lead you in to another film. It was self contained.

With the second film you know there will be another after it. They had to set up all of the details for the grand finale. If they didn't do it this way you would complain in Nov. that too many things came from nowhere.

So now when you go see m3 you will all ready of a foundation set up and you can jump right into the climax. You can kinda say this movie was a review and a study guide. You get your mind refreshed on basic matrix themes and see some new stuff that will be on the final.

Please don't be too hard on the film. It had a lot to live up to. Our imaginations and it's own prequel and sequel. Have faith that the third will leave no doubts in your mind.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 02:41 AM
mac11586 is currently offline Click here to Send mac11586 a Private Message Find more posts by mac11586 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StaryInnocence8
goodie me

I thought that Reloaded was way better then the first one. It is one of the very few movie sequels that I like. After seeing this one, I understand the entire theory around the Matrix so much better and everything makes sense. I thought all of the action and fighting scenes were awesome and I think that putting the sex scene with Trinity and Neo in made the movie even better because it showed that these people are really humans, not machines. I can't wait for Revolutions, I'm sure it will be just as good.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2003 06:30 AM
StaryInnocence8 is currently offline Click here to Send StaryInnocence8 a Private Message Find more posts by StaryInnocence8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dookiestix

Just saw the second Matrix last night. And I must say it wasn't as good as the first. And probably for a primary reason.

That element of surprise.

Despite the massive exposition of the second Matrix, with explanation piled upon explanation as to the meaning and the (presumed) purpose of the Matrix, that one magic element of surprise was missing. Specifically, when Neo is first "awakened" in the prior movie. It initially got us to question our own reality, and initially introduced the elements of martial arts, spirituality, high octane action, grunge music, and chic fashion statements in a neatly packaged and cleverly written science fiction epic. The first movie was less about the epic battle between human and machine, and more about the stark reality of a decimated world.

The fighting sequences were fresh and unique in context of the first movie, but were obviously overplayed and understated in the second one. At times, they became mini fight sequence videos to highlight the musical track (albeit, good soundtrack, I thought). Certain scenes seemed to drag, but patience remained a virtue as I listened intently for anything revealing in the script. At least to my amusement, there was lots to absorb and enjoy.

Since this film was shot alongside the third Matrix movie, the continuity between the two will be a bit misleading, which leaves the film open to endless speculation. So many questions, and so many theories, philosophies, hypotheses, etc.

For such a film to spark the sort of dialogue that has blossomed on these threads is a success unto itself. Let's just hope the third installment doesn't give us even MORE of the same thing, but instead takes us to another place entirely, offering us a fresh perspective on the destinies of Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, and the rest of the human race, in (and out) of the Matrix.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2003 04:11 PM
Dookiestix is currently offline Click here to Send Dookiestix a Private Message Find more posts by Dookiestix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

i loved reloaded but i can see what everyone means- i think part of the problem was introducing all the new characters at once, and the whole movie was sort of a new place. when we (or at least i) are expecting to see a sequel of a movie then its all different. but i still loved it. the sfx were really good (only about three times did the cgi really show up badly) and i liked the sex scene only cos it showed you they loved each other. it was a bit long and a bit-well-strange.

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 07:19 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

The 'final flight of the Osiris' from the animatrix should have been part of this film (reloaded) . It would have taken up to 6 - 7 minutes but there are many scenes that could have been canned to make way for it.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2003 10:58 AM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote