KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
http://mbbc.us/resource/bibleanswers.pdf

Check out the "Church" section.

What do you mean by Predestines?

I misspelled the word Protestant. Sorry about the confusion. Please re-read what I said with the word Protestant instead Predestines.

Prot·es·tant
ˈprädəstənt/
noun
noun: Protestant; plural noun: Protestants
a member or follower of any of the Western Christian churches that are separate from the Roman Catholic Church and follow the principles of the Reformation, including the Baptist, Presbyterian, and Lutheran churches.
adjective
adjective: Protestant
of, relating to, or belonging to any of the Protestant churches.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 12:44 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Ah, gotcha. No problem man. Well, we start at Jesus' church founded at Jerusalem:

- persecution occurs in Jerusalem (Acts 8:1)
- the church is founded at Antioch (Acts 11:19-26)
- more churches are founded (the epistles were written to them, and Revelation chapters 1-3, specifically chapter 1, verses 11-13)
- however, the Catholic Church either never was a true church or had its candlestick removed when it perverted The Gospel.

This is an excerpt from the above resource I mentioned from mbbc.us:

"Though proper lineage is difficult to prove because of church persecution and destruction of records, it
is possible to eliminate most churches based on improper lineage. For example, when the Catholic church corrupted
the doctrine of the Gospel it died and all Protestant churches that subsequently descended from her are without
authority: Lutheran, Dutch Reform, Methodist, Presbyterian, etc."

My argument is that from Jesus' church at Jerusalem through today there have always been churches that Jesus, The Head of the church/body, would have his approval upon (the candlestick). A book I recommend is A History of Churches: The Survival of New Testament Christianity Against Overwhelming Odds by Pastor Lester Hutson.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 01:18 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

I know that there are, most likely, more Christian denominations these days than superhero movies, but

- the church existed before Catholicism
- either from the get-go or at some point in its history, the Catholic Church lost its candlestick due to corruption of The Gospel, and any Protestant church that came from it can't be a true church
- churches were attacked by the Catholic Church/papacy throughout history for simply following The Bible. Whether these groups were called Baptists or not, I'd have to do some research on.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 01:26 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Ah, gotcha. No problem man. Well, we start at Jesus' church founded at Jerusalem:
- persecution occurs in Jerusalem (Acts 8:1)
- the church is founded at Antioch (Acts 11:19-26)
- more churches are founded (the epistles were written to them, and Revelation chapters 1-3, specifically chapter 1, verses 11-13)
- however, the Catholic Church either never was a true church or had its candlestick removed when it perverted The Gospel.

Well, that isn’t good news for you, sense you are Baptists.
Remember the definition I gave you earlier?
“…Western Christian churches that are separate from the Roman Catholic Church and follow the principles of the Reformation, including the Baptist…”
If Catholics are not legitimate, then how could Baptist be any different?
My argument is that from Jesus' church at Jerusalem through today there have always been churches that Jesus, The Head of the church/body, would have his approval upon (the candlestick). A book I recommend is A History of Churches: The Survival of New Testament Christianity Against Overwhelming Odds by Pastor Lester Hutson.

Well, you should find that church and join it; however, they are in the Middle East. Baptists came from the Catholic church.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 02:29 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Originally posted by Surtur
Wait just to be clear, do you think the bible actually happened?

Yes

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 05:55 AM
nfactor1995 is currently offline Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Like all of it? Old Testament stuff too?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 10:12 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

If so..there is an upside. There is this one passage where this guy gets attacked by some kids and then he has some motherf*cking bears murder them and shit.

If this happened it means bear control is possible. Today has been a great victory for science.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 10:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If so..there is an upside. There is this one passage where this guy gets attacked by some kids and then he has some motherf*cking bears murder them and shit.

If this happened it means bear control is possible. Today has been a great victory for science.
Yes!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 10:30 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just imagine an atomic bomb, but instead of energy it explodes with..f*cking bears. Polar bears, grizzly bears, the bald headed bear from that John Candy movie. All bears.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 10:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh shit..oh shit..just had a million dollar idea. Bearnado.

No wait, Bearnami. Bearricane. Someone needs to take a time machine back into the past and make these films so they are ready right now.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:05 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Maybe someone already tried to but went too far. And it was Terminator time travel so it was one way. So they just made the best of it and made some bears maul children until it got worked into the Old Testament.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:09 PM
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Yes

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 01:56 AM
nfactor1995 is currently offline Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by nfactor1995
Yes

But it actually didn't happen. The bible says the Earth was created in a very short time span. That is just the tip of the iceberg. It would also mean God is a murderer.

Let me ask you this: you believe everything in the bible is true. But do you follow everything in the bible? For example if the bible says a certain thing is good you find it good,and if it says a certain thing is bad you find that thing bad?

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 8th, 2016 at 02:13 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 02:09 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by nfactor1995
Yes
Like... literally? Even the stuff that runs completely contrary to modern science?

Or the part where God killed 14,700 people because they complained that God kept killing people?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 03:22 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or the part where God killed 14,700 people because they complained that God kept killing people?

This is totally not something a psychopath would do.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 03:25 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

This is totally not something a psychopath would do.
God... loves? all his children.

God especially loved the guy who, when a mob formed outside his house and demanded they turn over his houseguest so that they can rape him, he offered up his concubine to them instead. And after a night of being brutally raped she collapsed on her master's doorstep. In the morning he took her away on his donkey and dismembered her into 12 parts, sending a piece each to all corners of Israel.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 03:31 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

God... loves? all his children.

God especially loved the guy who, when a mob formed outside his house and demanded they turn over his houseguest so that they can rape him, he offered up his concubine to them instead. And after a night of being brutally raped she collapsed on her master's doorstep. In the morning he took her away on his donkey and dismembered her into 12 parts, sending a piece each to all corners of Israel.

Well the lord works in mysterious ways. He's above us so somehow this passage isn't horrifying at all.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 03:34 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Well the lord works in mysterious ways. He's above us so somehow this passage isn't horrifying at all.
Yes, this is a God I would be proud to call my Lord. I would love him almost as much as he loved me.

I would be especially proud of my Old Testament God if, should I die, and my brother marries my widow, the Lord kills my brother for not getting my widow pregnant.

What a great and wonderful God.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 03:37 AM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden

Originally posted by Greatest I am
This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.
Non-sequitur. God not living by his own golden rule would make him a hypocrite if we were to follow your argument to its conclusion. You offer no premise in support of the conclusion that God is therefore evil.
quote:
God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.
Yes, it is irrefutable.

quote:
This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.
The golden rule as articulated by Jesus is "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

Jesus was preaching to a crowd of people. Using your hyper-literary logic, the golden rule only applied that particular crowd of people and nobody else. laughing out loud

What's also articulated by Jesus and scripture is that God is the sole and divine judge over humanity.

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/tg/j...-judge?lang=eng

Therefore, God clearly has a role different than human beings and thus Jesus was referring to God's divine judgment/authority when he was discussing the golden rule.

To put it another way, kidnapping people is illegal in the United States. Kidnapping is defined as confining someone against their will in a place they do not wish to be in. The United States regularly confines people against their will in places they do not wish to be in by sending them to jail. Therefore, if we are to follow your reasoning, the United States is breaking the law for putting people in jail and should be punished.

quote:
Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?
Nope, not just because of what I just said above, but also because Jesus says no such thing. Read the actual verse before making a syllogism about it. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 19th, 2017 01:05 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote