KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Most Powerful Hobbit?

Most Powerful Hobbit?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Her webs did. Whether she would have time to spin up web powerful enough to restrain him in a 1v1 is unknown. Regardless, Melkor was also weakened when Tulkas beat him as well.

Ultimately, Melkor is repeatedly stated to be the most powerful being created by Eru. At the height of his powers he is well beyond Ungoliant.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 01:53 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

When is he outright stated to be the most powerful?

Because Eonwe is stated to be the greatest in a duel in all of Arda, while Tulkas is stated to be the greatest in H2H.

So Eonwe would beat Morgoth if he had weapons, and Tulkas would beat him without any.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 03:04 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

"But his cunning overreached his aim; his words touched too deep, and awoke a fire more fierce than he designed; and Fëanor looked upon Melkor with eyes that burned through his fair semblance and pierced the cloaks of his mind, perceiving there his fierce lust for the Silmarils. Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying: 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all the dwellers in Eä."

There are more of course, though most from the Silmarillion call him the most powerful Ainur rather than being.

From Morgoth's Ring:

"Melkor must be made far more powerful in original nature (cf. 'Finrod and Andreth'). The greatest power under Eru (sc. the greatest created power).(1) (He was to make I devise I begin; Manwe (a little less great) was to improve, carry out, complete.) Later, he must not be able to be controlled or 'chained' by all the Valar combined. Note that in the early age of Arda he was alone able to drive the Valar out of Middle-earth into retreat."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 03:17 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Melkor is the most powerful being in the setting under Eru Illuvitar in the sense that he was the one who could assert his will over the world beyond all other Ainur. His reality warping singing powers were unrivaled.

But Tulkas still easily beat the shit out of him in a fist fight because Melkor is a huge pussy, and Tulkas is the best man-fighter in existence.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 03:58 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Mayhaps.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 05:11 AM
surajvines
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love every character of the Movie

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 08:57 AM
surajvines is currently offline Click here to Send surajvines a Private Message Find more posts by surajvines Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Depends what you mean with powerful. Most powerful when it comes to willpower would be Bilbo, after having the Ring for 60 years and still left it for Gandalf... that is insane if you think about Gollum before Bilbo or Frodo at the End of LotR.

Physically it will be Merry and Pippin, the ent draught made them bigger and stronger.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2018 04:40 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I think it's Samwise, the dude just kicks a lot of ass, kills Orcs left and right like they are fodder, fought Shelob and won, he's definitely the most skilled hobbit, at least.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 06:56 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

Most powerful hobbit is like most powerful pacifist army. xD

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 03:41 PM
BazookaMaster is currently offline Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
Most powerful hobbit is like most powerful pacifist army. xD
The Hobbits aren't pacifists.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2018 12:07 PM
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Apparently you never read the books.

I don't mean to say that Ungoliant shares parity with Eru, that would be stupid.

Ungoliant, is, however, the single strongest creature in Tolkien's lore besides Eru, because of the fact that she defeated Morgoth.

I think it goes something like this:

Ungoliant > Tulkas = Eonwe > Morgoth/Melkor >> Sauron.

Bro shut the **** up.

Edit: LMFAO I didn't even realize that was my post.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2020 11:01 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I only read the Hobbit. I saw the 6 movies. I think they heal the land so whoever is a healer would be most powerful.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Aug 9th, 2020 01:51 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote