KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Tenebrous and Plagueis vs Revan and Novel Vitiate

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The RoT Sith 8 53.33%
The TOR Duo 7 46.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tenebrous and Plagueis vs Revan and Novel Vitiate
Started by: Ursumeles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Tenebrous run fast and blocked a explosion.

I think we both know Revan can't compete with that. (please log in to view the image)

You have Bane extremely high, and Tenebrous >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bane

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Why? The only basis for Plaguies > Vitiate is the quote.

The quote is Legends canon, tho. LMFAO
Also, Plagueis being vastly superior to Bane, and being equal to TPM Sidious.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:40 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Right, but the quote just means Plagueis >= Vitiate.

No basis he beats Vitiate fast (or faster than Revan's one-shot of Tene).

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 30th, 2016 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Ursumeles
You have Bane extremely high, and Tenebrous >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bane

Can you make an argument for how, specifically, Tenebrous defeats Revan? Because I'm not really seeing anything that gives him a shot in terms of his abilities and feats.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Also, the fact Plaguies is more powerful than Vitiate doesn't mean that Vitiate's mastery and experience with dark side lore can't overcome a ever so slightly more powerful opponent.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

but bane is stated to be more powerful than vitiate in a source and plaguies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bane tho

sources are more important than facts dumbass

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

tru fug

vitiate can't handle tene's rock lifting

eating planets not good enugh

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:46 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I warned you about the ground realities, man.

I told you, dog.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:49 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Can you make an argument for how, specifically, Tenebrous defeats Revan? Because I'm not really seeing anything that gives him a shot in terms of his abilities and feats.

He is faster, an more powerful combatant and probably more powerful in the Force. His Barrier should be able to defend himself against all what Revan throws at him.

@Ant Plgueis is more powerful by a fair marigin. He is more powerful than SWTOR Vitiate, who should be above Novel! Vitiate by a quite a bit. Also, Plagueis edge in CQC is better than a possible edge of Vitiate in Dark Side Mastery. Experience don't gives Vitiate an edge at all, lol.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:49 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Neph, let me take this one when I get home. ^

It's juicy.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:50 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

sources are more important than facts dumbass

Lol wut.
Plagueis being stated to be above Vitiate is a fact.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:50 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Neph, let me take this one when I get home. ^

It's juicy.

I don't want to debte Tene vs Revan, lol. It is so hard to argue for this f8.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:51 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Too l8.

You are in the shit now.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 07:58 PM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

I don't want to debte Tene vs Revan, lol. It is so hard to argue for this f8.

BUT BUT REVAN RAGDOLLED DARTH MARR AND SATELE SHAN!!!1111!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 08:13 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by TenebrousWay
BUT BUT REVAN RAGDOLLED DARTH MARR AND SATELE SHAN!!!1111!

And Vitiate pwned him (on a DS NExus, that 4,000 years later influenced even ****in Luke)! VITIATE >>>> SIDIOUS
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Do you want to debate for 'Brous the untouchable?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 08:17 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Honestly Tene's barrier feat is probably lesser than what Taris!Barsen'thor can do. Let alone the likes of Revan, or even Jadus. Not sure why it's hyped so much.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 08:17 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Because it is from a author that doesn't give characters OP feats like TOR does with everyone?
What has 'Thor done that's better?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 08:19 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

He is faster,

Why? Because he ran slightly faster than a vastly pre-prime Darth Plagueis?

What feats from such incarnation of Darth Plagueis suggests that he's faster than Revan, who's battling seven individuals, with grenades, blaster fire, rockets, Force lightning, telekinetic shoves, and lightsaber attacks being thrown at any angle? And even if we throw all logic or feats out the window, Revan has teleportation and battle precognition, so his reflexes will register fast enough to counter a being of slightly superior speed, and if pressed, can teleport away. This advantage, which I practically bring up in every Revan discussion, is primarily only relevant against opponents who may actually be faster than Revan. In the case of Darth Tenebrous, he's not, so this just further solidifies Revan's already-vast superiority.

quote:
an more powerful combatant

Because... reasons?

A feat or hype comparison marks Revan has the superior.

quote:
and probably more powerful in the Force.

Same as the above.

quote:
His Barrier should be able to defend himself against all what Revan throws at him.

What? Take Cade Skywalker for example. He demonstrated a comparable yet superior barrier feat than Darth Tenebrous.

Would you wager Cade Skywalker can thus defend against Revan's telekinesis, Force drain, Force lightning, telepathy, etc?

No.

Fact of the matter is, Revan ragdolling the coalition strike team is beyond the defensive capabilities of Darth Tenebrous.

There's also no reason to believe that Darth Tenebrous can defend himself against Revan's telepathy or his other esoteric powers.

---

quote:
@Ant Plgueis is more powerful by a fair marigin. He is more powerful than SWTOR Vitiate, who should be above Novel! Vitiate by a quite a bit. Also, Plagueis edge in CQC is better than a possible edge of Vitiate in Dark Side Mastery. Experience don't gives Vitiate an edge at all, lol.

"A possible edge of Vitiate in Dark Side Mastery"?

I feel people fail to grasp that Vitiate literally sat in a room for over one-thousand years honing and mastering his dark side abilities after consuming the power of eight-thousand of the galaxy's "most powerful" Sith Lords. Thus, Vitiate would be capable of wielding his power to the absolute maximum efficiency. Take Kyp Durron for example: almost unparalleled power, but lacks the mastery to use it effectively in combat. But Vitiate? That's his specialty.

And to address the other points, Revan's edge in CQC was irrelevant in battle against Vitiate - I fail to see how Darth Plagueis, who is inferior dueling accomplishments and acclaim than Revan, would then do better. Also, the gap between Vitiate in Revan to SWTOR is unquantifiable to the extent that I'm not even sure he grew more powerful - just diverted his resources and became more masterful in the art of Essence Transfer and telepathy. So, your blind speculation that since Plagueis is ever so slightly greater than Vitiate, that he must be capable of besting novel Vitiate faster than Revan can *dominate* Tenebrous is absurd.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 08:21 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Because it is from a author that doesn't give characters OP feats like TOR does with everyone?
What has 'Thor done that's better?
Casually smashed through a giant blast door like it's made of paper, while weakened? A blast door designed to contain explosions just like the one Tenebrous blocked? And is like the size of a house and a meter thick?

But even if you somehow think that's less impressive than blocking the tailend of an explosion after running away from it for a while, 'Thor also smashed through a Rakatan vault door deemed impenetrable. In the same game that casually has mountain-busting bombs.

And then there's Jadus' feat of protecting the Dominator from being incinerated. And Revan tanking the backlash of an attack that would decimate a kilometer wide area. And y'know, Vitiate wiping out planets.

Needless to say, Tenebrous is kind of out of his depth.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 30th, 2016 at 08:26 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 08:23 PM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

And Vitiate pwned him (on a DS NExus, that 4,000 years later influenced even ****in Luke)! VITIATE >>>> SIDIOUS
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Do you want to debate for 'Brous the untouchable?

I may. I'm just formating my HD and backing up relevant junk.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2016 08:23 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote