KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Tenebrous and Plagueis vs Revan and Novel Vitiate

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The RoT Sith 8 53.33%
The TOR Duo 7 46.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tenebrous and Plagueis vs Revan and Novel Vitiate
Started by: Ursumeles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its annoying to do.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Too difficult, yeah.

Especially when I'm quoting novels, and screen shotting relevant sources.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Azronger
Why people don't simply use mobile phones is beyond me.

Depends on the mobile.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:21 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

DC be a poor phag who has to go to internet cafes, yeah.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Um, the process for quoting and screen-shotting is basically exactly the same as on PC.

Not sure what's so difficult.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh shut up. Touch-screens are annoying as balls to use compared to keyboard and mouse, the UI is ****ing cockstench and its way the **** more tedious to get sources and quote them than it is on a home computer. I've never even tried screen-shotting because eff that bollocks. Phones suck shit to use for anything more extensive than texting.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

tbh smile

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

@CT - I'll respond tonight or tomorrow.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 01:22 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Azronger
Um, the process for quoting and screen-shotting is basically exactly the same as on PC.

Not sure what's so difficult.

No, it ain't, lal. One if much quicker and less painful.

Sit tight, I'll have the post , and by proxy, your demise, up by tomorrow.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 01:48 AM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 01:43 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

'Kay.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 12:16 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
Vitiate can design a ritual in theory.

It's not a just a "theory" babe, it's fact, lal.

quote:
But the fact that he required 8000 additional participants to pull it off in practice basically debunks your entire case of his knowledge translating to personal Force power.

Umm, no it doesn't? It just means he wasn't powerful enough, at that point in time to complete the ritual by his lonesome. A ritual, that is quite frankly, the most complex we've ever seen on the Star Wars universe. It doesn't undermine my point that Tenebrae was significantly powerful at that point.

To hammer in my point, specifically:

- Tenebrae, had the knowledge and mastery over the Force to design the most complex ritual in the history of the galaxy. Having such a understanding and profound degree in knowing the inner workings of the Force. His ability to actively construct complex holocrons and even trap the spirit of his father, Lord Dramath in one --- also shows a near unrivaled display of Force knowledge.

- Various sources, even Darth Plagueis in particular, has hinted/flat out stated, that knowledge equal power, and it is the route to be taken if one wants to increase his or her strength in the Force, and, as showed above, Tenebrae had that in abundance. In order for one to have such an understanding over the complexity of the Force, they must be vastly powerful in it.

- Knowledge is nothing if one lacks the raw power to effectively use it{Kinda a oxymorinic statement now that i think about it. Good thing, Tenebrae has feats killing his father and striping him of his powers, taking over an entire planet at a 13 year old and amassing a legion of loyal followers, and accolades that label him as being a "Force prodigy" "supremely strong". Also, the fact he was even able to man the ritual is a showing of power in the Force in itself.

Given it has repeatedly been showed the the more knowledge you gain, the more power you become, and generally - knowledge equals power - and the fact Tenebrae obviously had raw power and knowledge --- I think my argument holds up against scrutiny that Tenebrae was extremely powerful even before the ritual. Tenebrae's knowledge already superseded Bane's by this point, and his raw power to apply that knowledge to was there as well.

All in all, I don't see the two being too far off from each other. Feel free to disagree.

quote:
And then there's the fact that he's factually inferior to Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow at this point. And Ludo is just... lmao.

I rank Naga above Bane, and Ludo slightly behind Naga. So, nah. Rhis doesn't really undermine my argument in the slightest.

quote:
And as has been mentioned in this thread, which you conceded to, the ritual didn't increase his personal Force power, only his potential.

Uhh, no? I only conceded to the fact that he didn't literally have the power of 8,000 Sith Lords and a planet, and that a good chunk of it went into making himself conditionally immortal. The ritual has both been stated to increase his capacity and "fuel" his power in the Force. I mean, it's absolutely silly to even suggest it wouldn't. That's even assuming capacity means potential from the get-go.

Regardless of if he quite literally has that gargantuan amount of power to actively call upon in a battle or not: absorbing that power of that magnitude is going to make one exponentially more powerful than they were before, and even having 1/1,000 of that energy, to pull from is so far above Bane, it's comical.

There goes Tenebrous scaling case.

quote:
As for how much he attained of that potential - unquantifiable.

Dunno what you're spouting off about here....

Novel Vitiate, aside from beating DC members under unknown circumstances - a feat he has never ever replicated I might add - is essentially a featless character.

lal, what?

He has feats throughout the entire book.

-We know he mind wrecked Revan and Malak, with only a fraction of his power.

- He obliterated Revan's astromech droid into a billion pieces

- He overloaded/defeated Revan's tutanimus and utterly fried him with Lightning

As for the DC member feat, unless I have reason to believe he destroyed by some prepped up means [which, you have no concrete evidence of], I'm going to assume he defeated them via non-circumstantial means. Not like it's far fetched given he was "infinitely" more powerful than one of the more vaunted members on the DC, in Nyriss.

All of which, is better than moving rocks, and shielding yourself from an explosion. laughing out loud

quote:
His only claim to fame is scaling from Revan/

Not really, lmao.

quote:
hich is hypocritical as hell for the Tenebrous haters/Vitiate wankers to be lowballing Tenebrous because of a lack of feats.

It would help if you actually understood my argument before you post crap like this.

quote:
Well, actually, logically Vitiate shouldn't get any sort of scaling from Revan given that he's only ever defeated the latter on one of the most powerful dark side nexi there is.

Nah, it's clear as day that Vitiate is > Revan. Even accounting for the nexus, Revan lost rather comfortably and at times, Revan even drawed on the darkside of the Force, particularly why he was able to telekinetically punch Vitiate when he was distracted attempting to telepathically dominate his Revan's will.

quote:
And the scaling Revan gets from Bane is laughable compared to Tenebrous'.

Wait, what?

quote:
The only scaling Vitiate gets is from someone whose only feat is killing herself with her own attack.

Except, Darth Nihilus and co. was painted as inferior threat(s) to Vitiate throughout the entire book. As much as people like to use fanon ways to explain KotOR Exile being =/= Novel Meeta, there really isn't any actual canon statements backing that up.

The lowballing Nyriss is comical, Darth Sidious himself was killed by his own attack. There is no shame in Nyriss getting killed by a much more powerful Revan. Hell, Nyriss Force feats share parity with Bane, as well as her augmentation and knowledge in the Force (arguably).

quote:
Revan is genuinely a powerhouse, though, but he doesn't compare in the slightest to Banite scaling.

Given Revan shits on Bane, yeah, he does.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Dec 3rd, 2016 at 09:36 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 09:23 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I don't have time to dedicate to this right now, but this is far from being my demise.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 10:21 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
I don't have time to dedicate to this right now.

Dunno why you feel the need to keep me posted. Reply whenever, lmao.

quote:
But this is far from being my demise.

Matter of perspective --- my post was damn good.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 12:29 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Matter of perspective --- my post was damn good.

It was, I have to give you that.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 01:34 AM
The Merchant

DE Palpatine was intended to show how strong an Ancient Sith Lord is, and Vitiate is the strongest of the Ancients so he wins.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 01:58 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by The Merchant
DE Palpatine was intended to show how strong an Ancient Sith Lord is

Quote?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Ancient authorial intents don't mean anything, lol. Palpatine was initially intended to be a mere puppet without any real power.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 03:26 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote