KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vaylin vs Exar Kun

Vaylin vs Exar Kun
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
wow, cool kid over here

?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

You are genuinely retarded.

I just prefer to go with feats, accolades and other things that aren't personal opinion's or preferences, you know that's how the world actually works.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:28 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

So, you put Plo Koon and Luminara Unduli above Lord Nyax and UnuThul?

Yeah, that's called retarded.

There's no rule that you need a "one of the best' accolade to be among the best, lmfao.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

So, you put Plo Koon and Luminara Unduli above Lord Nyax and UnuThul?

Yeah, that's called retarded.

There's no rule that you need a "one of the best' accolade to be among the best, lmfao.

Not necessarely but it certainly helps and I said conclusive evidence, not only accolades.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 12:11 AM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

That's using absence of evidence as evidence of absence, which is wrong.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 01:22 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by SunRazer
That's using absence of evidence as evidence of absence, which is wrong.

How so? If evidence doesn't exist then why would you ever assume it did.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:18 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Not the point. The point is just because someone doesn't have a specific accolade or specific feat doesn't mean he suddenly wouldn't be capable of performing that feat, or receiving that accolade.

For example: Lord Nyax, Overlord Shimrra and UnuThul were never credited as "one of the most powerful bla, bla, bla". So does that mean they wouldn't be factored in within that category? Given their performances against Grandmaster Luke of all people, I doubt they wouldn't.

Or how about Lumiya? She lacks TK feats of dominating/overpowering people. Does that mean Zett Jukassa can resist her Force Choke?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:48 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

What I think DDuelist is getting at is the movie era is filled with either verifiable "best of all history" candidates or people who by proxy of fighting them are of similar ability. Whereas, TOR doesn't have any of those accolades to begin with.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 09:30 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

But that doesn't mean Tyranus is a league ahead of Arcann because he was given a quote that would've been given to Arcann is he served within that era, anyways.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 09:36 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

In fairness, Juyo can only be learned by the most skilled of Force wielders according to Kreia. Who isn't an encyclopedia per se, although one could argue that she was basically serving as a game manual at that point anyways.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 09:36 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by MythLord
Not the point. The point is just because someone doesn't have a specific accolade or specific feat doesn't mean he suddenly wouldn't be capable of performing that feat, or receiving that accolade.

For example: Lord Nyax, Overlord Shimrra and UnuThul were never credited as "one of the most powerful bla, bla, bla". So does that mean they wouldn't be factored in within that category? Given their performances against Grandmaster Luke of all people, I doubt they wouldn't.

Or how about Lumiya? She lacks TK feats of dominating/overpowering people. Does that mean Zett Jukassa can resist her Force Choke?

Did you read my comment? I said 'conclusive evidence', not just accolades, while those characters would of course being list as one of the best ever because they've fought against the best ever (that's conclusive evidence).

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 09:41 AM
DarthDuelist9

To clarify, I never said that you have to get an "one of the best ever" accolade to belong amongst them, no, I said that there needs to be conclusive evidence to put you amongst the best ever. This could rang from, accolades to feats to power scaling but either way if you have a character that is, through any of the above mentioned methods, listed as "one of the best ever" and you have another character that's, through the same methods, one of the best of his time than who's superior? I think I prefer the first character.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 09:44 AM
MythLord
Diamond

That's not really the point. If Arcann is one of the best of his time, then he's immediately to be considered among the best of all time since he's still peaking pretty highly in an era with dozens, if not hundreds, of warriors in a bloodbath war.

The TOR era strives to be OP. Being among the best of them would certainly put Arcann among the best ever. In fact, Arcann's feats and hype should logically place him within that ballpark.

I agree, he's inferior to Tyranus and Vader, but he's in their league.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 09:58 AM
DarthDuelist9

That's not really the point. If Arcann is one of the best of his time, then he's immediately to be considered among the best of all time since he's still peaking pretty highly in an era with dozens, if not hundreds, of warriors in a bloodbath war.

The TOR era strives to be OP. Being among the best of them would certainly put Arcann among the best ever. In fact, Arcann's feats and hype should logically place him within that ballpark.

I agree, he's inferior to Tyranus and Vader, but he's in their league.

One of the best of a certain period is being amongst the best of all time? That's the same as saying being amongst the best out of a few thousand fighters is the same as being amongst the best of a million fighters, that just doesn't work.

Why would his feats place him amongst them? Because you "feel" he should belong there? Again, assumptions and personal opinion.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 10:51 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
One of the best of a certain period is being amongst the best of all time? That's the same as saying being amongst the best out of a few thousand fighters is the same as being amongst the best of a million fighters, that just doesn't work.

Well, if you're going to stretch my statement out of context, then yeah, sure. Most of those "millions" come from lesser eras of fighters, or are just flat out fodder. So yeah, him peaking over a thousand semi-decent characters mean he'll peak over a million fodder characters.

Why would his feats place him amongst them? Because you "feel" he should belong there? Again, assumptions and personal opinion.

Because logic exists, maybe? A lot of his feats are deserving to mark him amongst some of the greatest in history. Especially when he's beating someone with a similar accolade.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 07:05 PM
DarthDuelist9

Well, if you're going to stretch my statement out of context, then yeah, sure. Most of those "millions" come from lesser eras of fighters, or are just flat out fodder. So yeah, him peaking over a thousand semi-decent characters mean he'll peak over a million fodder characters.

Because logic exists, maybe? A lot of his feats are deserving to mark him amongst some of the greatest in history. Especially when he's beating someone with a similar accolade.

How would you know that those other era's are lesser? You single handedly deciding that these "millions" are fodder because, again, you feel so isn't really evidence.

Then I ask you what feats? The Outlander/HoT/... also only has the best of his time accolade so...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:27 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:
Whereas, TOR doesn't have any of those accolades to begin with.

Revan and Vitiate have them.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

[QUOTE=16037658]Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan and Vitiate have them. [/QUOTE

I think he's more aiming at your average high-ranking Sith or Jedi, there's little doubt that Revan or Vitiate are amongst the best ever.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:32 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The Hero of Tython being the greatest Jedi of three-hundred years of galactic history places him also among the best in galactic history, lol.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:36 PM
MythLord
Diamond

How would you know that those other era's are lesser? You single handedly deciding that these "millions" are fodder because, again, you feel so isn't really evidence.

Because comparing nameless characters with accolades, and just nameless characters from other eras with literally nothing to their name(or lack thereof) other than swinging a lightsaber, makes the former look better.

Then I ask you what feats? The Outlander/HoT/... also only has the best of his time accolade so...

His superiority over HoTLander, who has the accolade of being amongst the greatest swordsmen in generations(already marking him ahead of the "just of his time" accolade) as a padawan. The accolade: "one of the best evah!" also isn't really that conclusive. It means you'll do great in any era and you're ahead of it's fodder by a considerable degree... Big deal.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 08:40 PM