KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Would You Rather... Superpower Edition!!

Would You Rather... Superpower Edition!!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cogito
Tough choice between Superman and GL...

Definite GL if I can get autoshields to work without the symptoms (up to the point where the shields kick in, of course)

The symptoms are going to kill your concentration. Ring Slinging will come at that price.

I would go with Lobo, he is a Sadist. And Lobo has endured far more than that in Reign in Hell.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:24 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You are not Lobo, though. You just get his stats.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
We're both drinkers, so we probably could handle Supes&GL powersets here at the same time

Hulk & Lobo are the worst.
laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 09:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RangerDX

4.) Doom's intelligence/resources, but are having a perpetual orgasm.

this is a win/win

no contest

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:26 PM
RangerDX is currently offline Click here to Send RangerDX a Private Message Find more posts by RangerDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by RangerDX

this is a win/win

no contest

There is a somewhat similar real life disorder to this: Persistent Genital Arousal Disoder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persi...rousal_disorder

I'm just gonna leave this here-

"Failure or refusal to relieve the symptoms often results in waves of spontaneous orgasms in women and ejaculation in men. The symptoms can be debilitating, preventing concentration on mundane tasks. Some situations, such as riding in an automobile or train, vibrations from mobile phones, and even going to the toilet can aggravate the syndrome unbearably causing the discomfort to verge on pain. It is not uncommon for sufferers to lose some or all sense of pleasure over the course of time as release becomes associated with relief from pain rather than the experience of pleasure. Some sufferers have said that they shun sexual relations, which they may find to be a painful experience. The condition may last for many years and can be so severe that it has been known to lead to depression and even suicide"

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:31 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, people are massively underestimating how phucking debilitating it'd be to have an everlasting orgasm.

It might not be as painful as some of the other choices, but it'd still be nigh-intolerable.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:49 PM
DarkSaint85

What people don't get, is that Galan has personally rescued a sufferer from every single condition here.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:52 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

...In different variations, at least. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 10:58 PM
DarkSaint85

Doom's symptoms was your wife, right? Ayo!

As for the thread, jeez they're all tough. Flash's is prob the worst. Imagine stretching a second into years, with constant spike pain.

Hal's is probably useless as well. GL's have been incapacitated by nausea many times - without concentration, willpower is nothing.

I'd probably pick Hulk, tbh. Or Superman's. Doom's is incapacitating. Lobo....if I am immortal, and the pain happens whenever my powers kick in, that means I am in pain FOREVER. No thanks.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 11:06 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Dooms best feat of intelligence

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 11:09 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What people don't get, is that Galan has personally rescued a sufferer from every single condition here.

laughing

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 11:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Galan007
You are not Lobo, though. You just get his stats.

Wouldn't having His's "stats" also mean you get his physiological control. Cause then you could just turn your pain and pleasure centers to what ever setting you want?

But like I said earlier. Lobo likes Pain, so that means you would to.

So ...

laughing

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 11:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Wouldn't having His's "stats" also mean you get his physiological control. Cause then you could just turn your pain and pleasure centers to what ever setting you want?

But like I said earlier. Lobo likes Pain, so that means you would to.

So ...

laughing
Jesus Christ. What's with you people and digging for loopholes?

Anyway, gaining Lobo's physical stats does not mean you gain his mentality/demeanor as well. And like I said in the OP: the 'cons' that come with these abilities CANNOT be diminished/lessened in any way/shape/form, for as long as you keep said ability active.

That is to say: unless you're a sadist irl(not judging), you would not enjoy the sensation of Bullet Ants biting your dick... But if you're willing to endure that pain to gain his stats, you are free to do so. thumb up

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 11:46 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Jesus Christ. What's with you people and digging for loopholes? [csThat is to say: unless you're a sadist irl(not judging)

Fly is an amoeba irl.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 11:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Hal's consequences would by far be the easiest to deal with. But, man... Being Lobo would be awesome.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 12:06 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, Hal's cons would probably be among the easiest to cope with, but like others have mentioned: it'd be damn hard to concentrate whilst experiencing severe nausea. /shrug

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 12:53 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Fly is an amoeba irl.

Now you are just being Flattering.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 07:41 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Re: Would You Rather... Superpower Edition!!

1.) Superman's powers, but experience severe abdominal cramps + the constant urge to have explosive diarrhea.

2.) Hal Jordan's ring/GL know-how, but feel feverish and extremely nauseated.

3.) Hulk's strength/stats, but you are constantly urinating on yourself /w/ the feeling that you are passing large kidney stones.

5.) Flash's speed, but feel like sticks are being shoved up your fingernails.

6.) Lobo's stats/immortality, but feel as though your genitals are constantly being bitten by dozens of Bullet Ants.

Superman. Frankly with Supe's physical stats, explosive diarrhea just becomes one more weapon for the repertoire in my war against crime, like heat vision or super breath. I could probably take out a tank battalion with it or get an extra burst of flight speed in emergencies.

GL second. Wouldn't be pleasant but I could probably still get some things done with the ring. Even for the autoshields it would be worth it - feeling feverish and extremely nauseated for a minute is better than being hit by a car or shot by a mugger.

For Doom, you could pick it just for occasionally using the side effect and f*** using it for intelligence.

Lobo would be... bad.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 11:36 AM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Remember, you don't *actually* have explosive diarrhea. You just feel a constant urge like you're about to.

...And these 'side-effects' don't just last a minute. They last for as long as you have the power active.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 02:54 PM
riv6672

Re: Would You Rather... Superpower Edition!!

You can activate/deactivate any one of these powers at will, but the power you select comes with a price for as long as you keep it active.

WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE...

1.) Superman's powers, but experience severe abdominal cramps + the constant urge to have explosive diarrhea.

2.) Hal Jordan's ring/GL know-how, but feel feverish and extremely nauseated.

3.) Hulk's strength/stats, but you are constantly urinating on yourself /w/ the feeling that you are passing large kidney stones.

5.) Flash's speed, but feel like sticks are being shoved up your fingernails.

6.) Lobo's stats/immortality, but feel as though your genitals are constantly being bitten by dozens of Bullet Ants.

Again, you will experience these 'cons' non-stop for as long as your power is activated. And to be extra clear: You WILL experience these cons to their FULL EXTENT. No exceptions!

For example, Hulk's rage/madness would not diminish the pain you experience, etc.

What would you choose?

Pass.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 02:58 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote