KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Daredevil vs Judge dredd in Law knowledge

Daredevil vs Judge dredd in Law knowledge
Started by: Dareangel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruhMan
World Champion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dareangel
but yeah this is comics. i took it too serious Lol. i was just wondering about their system because it doesnt seem like dredd is using evidence or examines the defences too much.

I think it would be very easy and interesting to have a story where the Judges and the Hall of Justice are the villains and we have a sort of uprising in MC1. I feel like they ride such a razor's edge of being fascist villains it would be easy to tell that kind of story. I don't know if they have already, the more knowledgeable Dredd fans may know.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 08:55 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I think it would be very easy and interesting to have a story where the Judges and the Hall of Justice are the villains and we have a sort of uprising in MC1. I feel like they ride such a razor's edge of being fascist villains it would be easy to tell that kind of story. I don't know if they have already, the more knowledgeable Dredd fans may know.

they could easily do this. im not a huge Dredd head but i could e it. like a story from the pov of faction of freedom fighters. they'd have battles with judges and have a small political movement

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 09:03 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I mean...there's gotta be a lot of people caught in the middle just trying to live a good life getting absolutely phucked in MC1.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 09:15 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I think it would be very easy and interesting to have a story where the Judges and the Hall of Justice are the villains and we have a sort of uprising in MC1.
This type of premise has occurred a few times. Most notably in "America" and "Red Razors".

"America" is particularly esteemed because it is set from the POV of 2 normal citizens caught in a war of Judges and whatnot. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 5th, 2016 at 09:39 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 09:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Nice. It is a story element that's RIGHT under the nose of the original premise so I thought they had to have atleast flirted with it. I gotta check those out.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 09:41 PM
riv6672

but i am right...

Inner Circle's 'Bad Boys' starts playing
...this is not a complete penal code. and whats wrong with knowing the law? knowing the law and your rights in many cases can prevent a violation of your rights.

Put a shirt on.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 10:55 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Got that "America" story haven't read it, Been getting the Judge Dredd Mega Collection.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 01:31 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by golem370
Where is She Hulk?

ikr

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 01:45 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

Originally posted by staxamillion
t being illegal to keep an ice cream cone in your back pocket in Kentucky.

(please log in to view the image)

o_0 are you shitting me? why? oh i am so going to search for the explanation to that law. i am dying to know what went thru the legislators mind with that law.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 06:27 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

its illegal to sell ice cream in Newark after 6 pm on Sundays unless the customer has permission from his or her doctor.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 06:32 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

Originally posted by riv6672
Inner Circle's 'Bad Boys' starts playing

Put a shirt on.

Lol you are right about those shirtless guys. the problem is that they dont know the law. they repeat the same bullshit over and over again. they learned that in order to detain the cop must have a probable cause and thats it. but they dont realize that there are exceptions. such as asking for your ID, driving license or checking out if you are drunk. those are specific instructions that overcome general instructions. they dont realize that further when they refuse to do those things, which they have to do, there is already a probable cause to detain them. further arguing is basically refusing to be legally detained and now they can be arrested. and they dont realize that and think the police is not obeying the law. i always facepalm myself when i see that.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 06:33 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

they could easily do this. im not a huge Dredd head but i could e it. like a story from the pov of faction of freedom fighters. they'd have battles with judges and have a small political movement

That has kind of been done. They did it when the Democrat aka Terrorist Party caused enough trouble the Judges let the People Vote to enact a Democratic Government or keep the Justice Dept in Charge.

And yes. the "America" story is one of the Best Dredd Tales of all. Although Dredd is hardly in it and when he is, he is pretty much the villain.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 07:02 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Lol you are right about those shirtless guys. the problem is that they dont know the law. they repeat the same bullshit over and over again.

-looks at Dareangel's last batch of posts-

Irony.

laughing

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 10:59 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

o_0 are you shitting me? why? oh i am so going to search for the explanation to that law. i am dying to know what went thru the legislators mind with that law.

this is where I found the ky shenanigans

apparently it was a ploy to steal horses. thieves would have ice cream in their pocket and the horse would follow trying to lick it

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 12:57 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

this is where I found the ky shenanigans

apparently it was a ploy to steal horses. thieves would have ice cream in their pocket and the horse would follow trying to lick it

rolling on floor laughing

Egad! An ingenious use of edibles for illicit equine enticement! eek!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 01:15 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

holy alliteration Riv

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 02:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think a prerequisite for winning should be the ability to properly pronounce the word "law".

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 02:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

Originally posted by riv6672
-looks at Dareangel's last batch of posts-

Irony.

laughing

except i do know a thing or two wink

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 05:27 PM
riv6672

^^^Bad Boys, Bad Boys...

holy alliteration Riv

laughing

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 08:39 PM