KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Started by: KCJ506

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KCJ506

Aww I was hoping Groot would get his own slot.

So I guess this means if there's another Guardians rep, it's most likely to be Star-Lord.

Old Post May 5th, 2017 11:39 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
...the auto-combo has it's cons to go with the pros like picking auto gives you the weaker combos...

No, see, that's the difference with Infinite, at least according to Max's info. The auto-combo won't have reduced damage on it. It's going to hit just as hard as a manual combo.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 6th, 2017 09:16 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by XanatosForever
No, see, that's the difference with Infinite, at least according to Max's info. The auto-combo won't have reduced damage on it. It's going to hit just as hard as a manual combo.

(please log in to view the image)

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 12:30 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

^As it is now anyway I should mention. I'm gonna wait for the complete edition of Injustice 2.

And now you're getting it day 1 apparently... Indecisive nitwit. Enjoy digging that game up out of the garbage bin!

Old Post May 8th, 2017 12:58 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I deserve that.

Old Post May 8th, 2017 01:15 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

If it's any consolation, at least Injustice 2 would be easier to dig out of a dumpster site than Atari's ET.

If I remember right, the current Killer Instinct also has that auto combo thing for the casuals, but it can be turned off which I hope is also the case for MvC. If not, hope its roster kinda makes up for it.

Old Post May 8th, 2017 01:35 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 12:30 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Notice how there's one more Marvel character than there is Capcom, though at least you still got the Nemesis assuming that list is true.

Still, shit rosters with some shitty ass cuts are kinda the norm these days.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 12:54 AM
KCJ506

It's been speculated that's the missing Capcom character is Frank West.

I wasn't expecting a 50+ starting roster(especially since it's back to 2v2), but I was hoping for at least the same amount as Vanilla MVC3. My main issue however is the lack of newcomers.

Out of the other RE characters in MVC3, I thought Wesker had the biggest chances of returning. Especially after Chris was confirmed. Never would have thought Nemesis would get in before him. Doesn't even make sense to have Nemesis, but not Jill.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 07:30 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah... I wasn't expecting a roster that huge like MvC 2 (at least the vanilla version of 3 as mentioned) but the one we got now if it's legit is tiny for a crossover game, like Mortal Kombat vs DC tiny, but that game at least had the excuse of having a lower budget due to Midway's money crisis at the time. What's this game's excuse for a tiny AF roster?

And just hope it's not Dead Rising 4 Frank.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 09:58 PM
steverules_2

I want wolverine to be in it, I love playing as wolverine

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 10:14 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

E3 isn't that far away now so I'm just gonna remain skeptic and see what Capcom has to say for itself. There are three reasons I can see the leak not being real.

1. The Monster Hunter team doesn't want a character of theirs in MvC apparently.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/1...el-vs-capcom-3/

quote:
Considering its popularity, I was surprised Monster Hunter didn’t make it into Marvel vs. Capcom 3 in some way.
_
Certainly they were on the list and we actually made a proposal to the Monster Hunter team and producer. The answer I believe came back was no. You don’t just have to have the idea to have the character. You also have to get permission from the producer of that series to include the character and however they are implemented. They thought it wasn’t a good fit for the game and maybe they’re right. The hunter is sort of a malleable personality, rather than a super strong character in Monster Hunter since he’s so customizable.
_
From there where do you go? Like a Felyne? A Poogie? I don’t know. A Lagiacrus or something like that. I don’t know what you’re going to put in there from Monster Hunter. So, anyway it didn’t work out. They’re just too cool for us.

2. You're gonna put three out of five of the Guardians of the Galaxy (Rocket, Groot, and Gamora) in the game but not Star-Lord? That doesn't make any sense especially if Thanos will be in this.

3. The Capcom side has barely any new additions and with so many characters returning from MvC3, I might as well just buy MvC3 if they're not gonna expand their horizon in this fourth installment. Capcom should know better.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 10:35 PM
KCJ506

The person that leaked the roster is the same guy that leaked the existence of this game before the game was announced.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 12:16 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah... I wasn't expecting a roster that huge like MvC 2 (at least the vanilla version of 3 as mentioned) but the one we got now if it's legit is tiny for a crossover game, like Mortal Kombat vs DC tiny, but that game at least had the excuse of having a lower budget due to Midway's money crisis at the time. What's this game's excuse for a tiny AF roster?

And just hope it's not Dead Rising 4 Frank.
I suppose the excuse would be its 2v2 and not 3v3. Better off comparing roster number to XmenvsStreetFighter and the original MvC

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 12:37 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is that a hard limit, or more of a Tekken Tag limit that could be tweaked a bit?

No real reason they couldn't give an option of 2 or 3 man teams. And even a 1 vs 1 for the novelty of it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 12:46 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by KCJ506
The person that leaked the roster is the same guy that leaked the existence of this game before the game was announced.

This guy doesn't get the information himself though but rather people share it with him so for all we know, he could've been fed misinformation this time. Like I said, I'm waiting 'til E3 to see if it's true.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 2nd, 2017 at 12:58 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 12:55 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'm willing to bet if license is no issue that we will be seeing seasonal character dlcs.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 01:04 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Seasonal characters could go a long way, and would be preferable to just rushing out a game with a small roster and never getting who we wanted from it. Also kinda allows the fighting game dev's to take their time more with content releases than always adhering to a strict deadline. I'd might wait a year or two before being as invested with Infinite though like with Killer Instinct before getting into it, depending on how long they'd plan on doing the seasonal characters thing.

Alternatively, if this game fails me like Injustice 2 kinda did, I'd still be happy to get UMvC 3 on a current gen platform and call it a day.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 04:01 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Capcom said they wouldn't rush their games anymore, but lol. I don't trust them.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 04:10 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Only three new characters on one side seems pretty rushed to me.

Also, who even wants Firebrand back?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 2nd, 2017 at 04:59 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2017 04:49 AM