KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Started by: KCJ506

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KCJ506

No I'm not trying to justify it. All I'm saying is there is may be some logic in them saying many modern super hero fans probably don't know the majority of X-men characters that were in past games, as sad as that is. Especially if they just go by the movies where nearly every X-men got pushed to the side for more Wolverine.

At the very least, I think Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto and Storm should have made the cut. Especially the former two since they recently had movies that did really well.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 07:16 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

That logic doesn't seem right though. I doubt you would've found a bunch of modern fans who knew the Guardians of the Galaxy prior to their movie debut so they shouldn't be in the roster either just like the X-Men going by that logic.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2017 08:42 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

By ComboFiend's logic that everyone is a function, this is what the game should be then:

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 2nd, 2017 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2017 05:00 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So many recycled Capcom characters from MvC3 and they still do the same things from the last game 100% right down to their intros, supers, grapples, etc.. If I didn't know there was another MvC in the works, I would've mistaken this for a graphics mod someone spent forever on. There's barely any new additions and none of them get anything new while the MCU half gets better treatment.

"But Neme, it's got Jedah and Monster Hunter Guy will be revealed soon" THAT'S ONLY TWO! Last one Capcom had 10 (not counting Ultimate)! This crap is inexcusable.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 08:34 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I mean what about these other characters?

Edward Falcon (Power Stone)
Daimon (Dragon's Dogma)
Batsu (Rival Schools)
Asura
Franziska (Ace Attorney)
Nilin (Remember Me)
Lady (Devil May Cry)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
Gene (God Hand)
Leon/Claire/Ada/Jack Baker (Resident Evil)
R. Mika/Juri Han/Guile/etc. (Street Fighter)

O_o

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 11:45 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Surprise, surprise. The game's starting to bomb in sales. Even Street Fighter II on Switch did better on it's first week.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/09/26/pok...uk-sales-chart/

quote:
Despite many in the FGC changing their opinion once they got their hands on it, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite looks to have been a big flop on its first week of sales — at least in the UK. According to data from the UK sales charts, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite didn’t manage to break the top ten, while Pokkén Tournament DX came in at fifth during its launch week.

This placing for Pokkén is nothing short of amazing, when you consider that the original launched on a dying console and was largely ignored by the mainstream gaming audience. Keep in mind that Pokken Tournament DX was only released on the Switch, yet it managed to get fifth on the all-format chart. MvC:I launched on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, and it only came in at 12th. If you want some more grim reading, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite came in at 16th on the PS4 format chart, while the Xbox One version didn’t even break the top 40.

To add insult to injury, Ultra Street Fighter II had a better debut than_Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, with it coming in at 10th during its first week of sale. The combination of no Switch port, bad publicity around its art style, and arguably lackluster launch roster — alongside resentment from the troubled_Street Fighter V launch — has_seemingly come together to_bite Capcom. While the majority of the FGC may have had their minds changed by MvC:I’s stellar combat system, it’s essentially bombed with the general public in the UK.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 07:23 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I watched Angry Joe's review even he points out, Out of all the villains from the Capcom games why the **** did they go with Sigma

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I mean what about these other characters?

Edward Falcon (Power Stone)
Daimon (Dragon's Dogma)
Batsu (Rival Schools)
Asura
Franziska (Ace Attorney)
Nilin (Remember Me)
Lady (Devil May Cry)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
Gene (God Hand)
Leon/Claire/Ada/Jack Baker (Resident Evil)
R. Mika/Juri Han/Guile/etc. (Street Fighter)

O_o

Wouldn't be surprised if there's another version of the game on the way.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 12:02 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji
I watched Angry Joe's review even he points out, Out of all the villains from the Capcom games why the **** did they go with Sigma

And he had a good point there. Didn't like how he didn't roast the casualization of MvCI though, even if I get why it appealed to him.

And Arc System Works and others will still kick Capcom's ass. eek!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 03:57 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah, Feels like Capcom has lost their way when it comes to the fighting games

I got Street Fighter V recently wasn't too fond of how they made that game, Story Mode as a DLC and other things.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 11:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

They probably overestimated the X series based off Zero's popularity.

Sigma is quite the monster, what with all the bizarre or creepy body types.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:04 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Max did a review, too. The key redeeming factor seems to be the gameplay itself, which means it won't catch on unless more people push the game into hands.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:53 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Gameplay does look ok but that's not what sells crossover games. It still needs the good gameplay don't get me wrong but most tend to play these for the roster so when you rehash the same characters like the ones on Capcom's side, a lot are depressed there aren't that many newcomers so there's really no point for them in getting Infinite when they can just get the rereleased Ultimate MvC3 for those same characters and more. Just Mega Man X and Jedah alone won't cut it.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Sep 30th, 2017 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 11:55 PM
KCJ506

I was originally gonna get this at launch, but I decided to wait until it went on sale. The lack of X-men and F4 characters isn't the issue I have. It's the severe lack of newcomers. I would have actually been satisfied if there were about 10-12 more characters on the roster and they were all newcomers. Two of them being Black Panther and Sigma rather than being DLC.

I think Tatsunoko vs Capcom may have been the last Capcom fighter that didn't have any sort of controversy when it was released. And even that didn't sell very well(the US release) due to it being a Wii exclusive and the majority of the US not being familiar with the Tatsunoko cast.

Last edited by KCJ506 on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 08:47 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Did you know there was gonna be a Capcom All-Stars fighting game but that got scrapped in favor of TvC? Now there's a project that should've been revived and done instead of having to do business with today's Marvel and make this garbage.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Oct 2nd, 2017 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2017 09:12 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yep. Monster Hunter, Black Panther, and Sigma will both be available Oct 17th one month after MvCI's launch. I've never seen DLC characters announced and released this damn early. They could've delayed the game for another month to put them in

Old Post Oct 4th, 2017 09:22 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Gameplay does look ok but that's not what sells crossover games. It still needs the good gameplay don't get me wrong but most tend to play these for the roster so when you rehash the same characters like the ones on Capcom's side, a lot are depressed there aren't that many newcomers so there's really no point for them in getting Infinite when they can just get the rereleased Ultimate MvC3 for those same characters and more. Just Mega Man X and Jedah alone won't cut it.

X should have been the series villian. Would have been a brilliant nod to a continuity that might have been.

He was supposed to be corrupted for the X series, but it never happened, we just got Copy X.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 01:35 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I don't mind Sigma being the villain even if there could be better ones.

*cough*Pyron*cough*

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 03:32 AM
cdtm

Had a go at a gaming expo event this weekend.

Tried Zero and Dr. Strange, and then Rocket Rackoon and Thor for awhile. Wasn't impressed.

Saying that as a casual, obviously, and maybe high level play is something else, but this simply didn't feel all that fun, when compared to MvsC3 or 2..

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 10:59 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yep. **** Infinite and everything it stands for. Good thing it was already dead to me after E3 and that I got UMvC3 as compensation. Still though,

Is this MvC's Dragon Ball Super?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 01:31 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm
Is this MvC's Dragon Ball Super?

What the f**k?

you can't see the analogy?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 08:11 AM