KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan Reborn vs Novel Vitiate (with a catch)

Revan Reborn vs Novel Vitiate (with a catch)
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Revan Reborn vs Novel Vitiate (with a catch)

Instead of Vitiate being amped, and Revan just being balanced, Revan is now balanced, while Vitiate is hindered.

The LS nexus is just as powerful as the DS Nexus on Dromund Kaas.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Vitiate stomps.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:06 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Had the fight been on an LS Nexus or even ground Revan would have won, so Revan wins.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:07 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

He didn't stomp in the Novel, while he was amped, and Revan was at a disadvantage.

"Revan was amped too, Jman." No, he was BALANCED. He is both sides of the force.

Therefore making him balanced.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

He did. A single concentrated blast completely shredded Revan's defenses and incapacitated him. Revan had no disadvantage.

Revan's in turn only pushed Vitiate back.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:09 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Vitiate stomps.

lmfao ^

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:11 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Anybody who doesn't wank Revan thinks the same Ant.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:12 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It's not a matter of wanking. Simply recognizing Revan absorbed over 95% of Vitiate's energy is proof of near-parity.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

He did. A single concentrated blast completely shredded Revan's defenses and incapacitated him. Revan had no disadvantage.

Revan's in turn only pushed Vitiate back.
He did though.

Both sides of the force, one is amped, one is hindered.

Therefore, balanced, or imbalanced. It depends on how you look at it.

Yeah, and Revan tossed him like a ***** across the room. Vitiate tried to fry him, but caught a lightning bolt to the chest.

On a LS Nexus, Vitiate won't be able to conjure up as much powerful lightning.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:14 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Without the significant gap between them in space and them being on a light-side nexus, I can see Revan coming close to winning - and perhaps even.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:15 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Then Galen has near parity with Sidious now? And what does it say that Galen did this for a longer period then Revan managed to against Vitiate?

I mean we could try to apply the factors in these comparison to see exactly how they stack up.

Or we could realize that even Vader who'd been previously dominated by Galen was able to defend against a concentrated blast from him while he was likely amped by Oneness without any further visible damage.

Kind of gives you some perspective on how defending against a Force attack doesn't necessitate an equivalent power level.

Regardless if you want to go by that flawed logic I only ask that you apply it to all characters and not just the one's you favor.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:17 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I've already dismissed the notion that Marek's performance against Palpatine shared similarity with Revan's against Vitiate in another thread.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:19 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Except you didn't... You never responded to the last post in that thread.

I asked you how the lightning Sidious and Galen generated made it through Sidious's own Force defenses if Sidious was holding back. I pointed out that that would either necessitate Galen's power being enough to bridge the gap between lightning he himself was able to defend against ( your proposed scaled back version of Sidious's lightning ) to the point that it was enough to pierce Sidious's force defenses or that it would mean Sidious was using lightning powerful enough to pierce his own defenses in the first place which Galen would have been diminishing to non lethal levels previously.

As I said, you neglected to post a response.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:24 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ah, well that's an easy answer. It made it through the defenses because Marek was physically holding onto Palpatine (it circumvented them, basically).

The energy flowed through their bodies, thus limiting Palpatine's ability to unleash his full power against Marek since it would affect him too.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:25 PM
UCanShootMyNova

And yet neither died.

Galen certainly has no reason to spare Sidious and his lightning has already been established to reach far beyond lethal levels so even if you stick to the idea that Sidious was holding back even then the outcome doesn't make any sense unless you take into account Force defenses. I certainly don't need to remind you that Galen entered the Death Star without the hope of survival given his visions, his dialogue with Juno prior and his monologue about his willingness to sacrifice himself as he's engaging with Palpatine.

Not to mention when Galen enacted his final Oneness blast he was still holding onto Palpatine. It's impossible that Palpatine would have survived such an attack with base human durability.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Dec 4th, 2016 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:28 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's not a matter of wanking. Simply recognizing Revan failed to absorb any of Vitiate's lighting and instead got punked like a pussy ass b*tch.
thumb up

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:32 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

And yet neither died.

Galen certainly has no reason to spare Sidious and his lightning has already been established to reach far beyond lethal levels so even if you stick to the idea that Sidious was holding back even then the outcome doesn't make any sense unless you take into account Force defenses.

Not to mention when Galen enacted his final Oneness blast he was still holding onto Palpatine. It's impossible that Palpatine would have survived such an attack with base human durability.

Which emphasizes how weak Palpatine's lightning was.

I don't even know what you're getting at here. Palpatine wasn't using his lightning at full power, and thus they weren't at "far beyond lethal levels."

What version are you citing here? I'll address your point accordingly.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:34 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Which emphasizes how weak Palpatine's lightning was.

I don't even know what you're getting at here. Palpatine wasn't using his lightning at full power, and thus they weren't at "far beyond lethal levels."

What version are you citing here? I'll address your point accordingly.

Refer to the following point.

But Galen was.

Pick any version. The damage the Emperor's tower sustained in any of them would obliterate a normal human.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:36 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Hm?

Hm?

In the video-game, Galen Marek never latches onto Palpatine. However, he jumped in front of Palpatine's lightning when he was torturing Rahm Kota, who he did not kill instantly, so there's no indication Palpatine ramped up his lightning. Since he wasn't latching onto Palpatine, Palpatine could throw up a Force barrier to defend himself against the explosion. In the novelization, it remarks that Galen Marek dropped his defenses (i.e. holding onto Palpatine), thus allowing Palpatine to also summon a Force barrier to protect himself from the Galen Marek explosion.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:38 PM