KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan Reborn vs Novel Vitiate (with a catch)

Revan Reborn vs Novel Vitiate (with a catch)
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Anybody who doesn't wank Revan thinks the same Ant.

Nah, I don't wank Revan.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:40 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Revan is legit - and far above Vader cool - but Ant exaggerates a bit..

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:45 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Vitiate, clearly.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

What do you mean "Hm"? Galen's lightning has already shown to reach far beyond lethal levels and he has no reason not to end the Emperor's life. He's already expressed acceptance for his own death and his willingness to sacrifice himself for the Rebels during the lock with Sidious. It makes your "bypassing of Force defenses" theory unworkable and illogical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KTwrU5FFiI 21:05

The explosion goes off as Galen and Sidious's hands touch.

Sidious wasn't torturing Rahm Kota. He had no reason to do so and every reason NOT to do so given he was trying to turn Galen over to his side and torturing a man Galen saw as a mentor and who was the biggest obstacle in his path to actually turning Galen by snapping him out of the trance he'd been in.

Except as I mentioned they did touch in the game. That was the cause of the explosion in that version.

"In the novelization, it remarks that Galen Marek dropped his defenses (i.e. holding onto Palpatine)"

WHAT?!

You think the novel stating he "dropped his defenses" was referencing Galen letting go of Palpatine rather then lowering his Force defenses? This is ridiculous. I am not going to agree or negotiate with you on this. That's absolute blatant twisting of the text to suit your stance. F*ck off Ant.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Dec 4th, 2016 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:46 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Nah, I don't wank Revan.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Vitiate, though not easily.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Revan stomps.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

ohshit.jpg

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by Azronger
Revan stomps.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Anyone else notice Ant used to not place that much emphasis on feats, emphasizing more holistic/thematic intent instead, but upon realizing Revan could be wanked to 95% of Vitiate while hindered he did a complete 180 and started putting stock in calcs?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Yep. I'm fine with him using flawed logic tbh. He should just apply it equally to all characters.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 08:43 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Anyone else notice Ant used to not place that much emphasis on feats, emphasizing more holistic/thematic intent instead, but upon realizing Revan could be wanked to 95% of Vitiate while hindered he did a complete 180 and started putting stock in calcs?

Actually, it's not even dependent on calcs.

Simply reading the text will let you realize Revan turned something infinitely more powerful than ashing someone to just some burns.

The calcs just solidify the obvious, but aren't remotely necessary for the argument.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 09:02 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Feats for Vitiate on neutral ground?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

Vitiate. It's not a stomp, but still clearly his win

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:30 PM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

F*ck off Ant.
This is your safe place.
Revan > values. You should do as Ant has and shed your limitations. You have the tools, you need only use them.

http://static7.comicvine.com/upload...03178-Bane..PNG

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 12:13 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 12:14 AM
Jmanghan

Thats... not really Ant's fault, the book clearly implies that Revan was close tl absorbing it, but that Vitiate was simply too powerful.

And it wasn't pure Tutaminis, as he used his saber as well.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

It implies nothing of the sort. He was outright overwhelmed by it. Even I don't try to claim that Galen is a peer of Sidious even though he did even better for far longer. That would be ridiculous.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 02:00 AM
Jmanghan

It implies nothing of the sort. He was outright overwhelmed by it. Even I don't try to claim that Galen is a peer of Sidious even though he did even better for far longer. That would be ridiculous.
Then get the passage and we'll settle this here and now, bucko.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote