KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » A few... Odd crossovers heading our way!

A few... Odd crossovers heading our way!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A few... Odd crossovers heading our way!

Evidently DC Comics and BOOM Studios are teaming up for 2 upcoming crossover events...

Justice League/Power Rangers:

(please log in to view the image)

Green Lantern/Planet of the Apes:

Thoughts? confused

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 06:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I'd read, but with no expectations.

What's with the GL one saying "in stores February 2016" Someone forget to proofread?

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 06:50 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud

Good catch. thumb up

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 06:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

And why is John Stewart on League?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 08:01 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Probably because there's also a black character on the Power Rangers' lineup.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 08:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*Edit

Totally forgot Cyborg was there as well. In that case I'm not really sure why they'd include John on the League's roster.

Regardless, that is a pretty damn powerful version of the League, tbh... Kind of curious what type of threat they'll face in the crossover.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 08:50 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Odd crossovers indeed.

PRangers will stomp Superdouche. Can't wait big grin

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 09:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i find these types of things fun. they have the desired affect on me in the sense that i would never read pota or pr on their own, but i'd def read these xovers. i also very much enjoyed the gl/star trek series though, so, meh. i'm a bit of a suckers for this type of thing.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 01:08 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

They are odd choices, but Tom Taylor is writing the Justice League/Power Rangers crossover. His work on Injustice was pretty cool, so maybe it'll be fun.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 05:57 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
i also very much enjoyed the gl/star trek series though
Same here. That was one of the better crossovers I've read in recent memory. thumb up

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 06:37 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Superman is the Red Ranger, is what I gathered from skimming this thread. Cool development. Might actually give him a personality.

#headcanon

My junk didn't even wiggle at the choice of crossover partners, though. I'm usually a sucker for these things, but will pass on these two.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 05:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Digi
My junk didn't even wiggle

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 06:09 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Doesn't Batman become a Power Ranger and proceed to beat up everyone??

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 07:26 PM
BruceSkywalker is online now! Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Old Post Dec 12th, 2016 08:36 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Digi
Superman is the Red Ranger, is what I gathered from skimming this thread. Cool development. Might actually give him a personality.

laughing out loud

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post Dec 12th, 2016 08:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zack M
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12...st-space-ghost/

Space Ghost / Green Lantern.
thumb up

quote:
ADAM STRANGE/FUTURE QUEST ANNUAL #1
Written by Marc Andreyko and Jeff Parker
Art by Steve Lieber
Backup Feature: TOP CAT
Written by Dan DiDio
Art by Phil Winslade
Following the events of the DEATH OF HAWKMAN miniseries, Adam Strange is blasted through multiple dimensions only to land on Earth! But instead of super powered beings and legendary crime fighters, he encounters a boy adventurer and his scientist father - and they're the only ones who can help him return home. Jonny Quest, Hadji, Dr. Benton Quest and Race Bannon have a plan, but it's going to involve a dangerous trek through Dino Boy's Lost Valley of prehistoric threats!

And in the backup feature starring Top Cat, breaking out of prison is challenging enough for an anthropomorphic cat, but what happens when it means stumbling through a cosmic portal to planet Earth, right into the hands of Batman?

quote:
BOOSTER GOLD/THE FLINTSTONES ANNUAL #1
Written by Mark Russell
Art by Rick Leonardi and Scott Hanna
Backup Feature: THE JETSONS
Written by Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti
Art by Pier Brito
Welcome to the 25th Century, where the Earth is a polluted, post-industrial nightmare, most animals are extinct and reptilian aliens are invading cities across the planet! In their time of need, the world's citizens turn to the time-traveling Booster Gold to save the day. To learn why these aliens are attacking Earth, Booster dives deep into the prehistoric past to see what happened when they first came to the planet. In this bygone era, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble must help Booster learn the truth and return to his own time armed with the information that will bring down the invaders - if Booster can convince them to help him out.

Harley Quinn's Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti put a new twist on an old twist about our future in THE JETSONS! The Jetsons live in a world of robotics and gadgetry. But how does dying change when grandma's brain can be digitally imprinted onto a housecleaning robot?

quote:
GREEN LANTERN/SPACE GHOST ANNUAL #1
Written by James Tynion IV and Chris Sebela
Art by Ariel Olivetti
Backup Feature: RUFF AND REDDY
Story and art by Howard Chaykin
Trapped in a strange rift in time, Green Lantern and Space Ghost are forced to battle a variety of foes - and each other! And even if they manage to survive, they will be thrown into a world with no concept of interstellar travel - or even what an alien is! Stripped of their weapons by a xenophobic culture, the duo will have to battle to regain them - but what happens when Space Ghost dons the Lantern Ring and Hal Jordan puts on the Power Bands?

Iconic writer Howard Chaykin puts a modern spin on one of Hanna-Barbera's earliest animated animal teams! Ruff and Reddy were once the toast of nightclubs, variety shows late night chat fests and Broadway. Learn how they became the comedic duo of yesterday... Before they hit rock bottom today!

quote:
SUICIDE SQUAD/BANANA SPLITS ANNUAL #1
Written by Tony Bedard
Art by Ben Caldwell
Backup Feature: SNAGGLEPUSS
Written by Mark Russell
Art by Dale Eaglesham
"Suicide Splits" pairs up Saturday morning's animal rock band with Amanda Waller's Task Force X, the dirtiest players in the game! Mistaken for metahumans and thrown into the bowels of Belle Reve Penitentiary, the Banana Splits are recruited by Amanda Waller for a secret mission: Save the Suicide Squad! What follows is quite possibly the weirdest team up ever; how will Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky stand up to Harley, Deadshot, Katana and Killer Croc?

Mark Russell brings his hilariously satirical style to this backup feature, where Snagglepuss is a Southern gothic playwright working with an ensemble cast of cultural figures, exploring an intensely creative time in the New York City theater scene of the 1950's.

...Space Ghost with a GL ring.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2016 09:33 PM
Senor Cage

So, I guess the Hanna Barbera universe is apart of the DC Multiverse???

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 12:06 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"Following the events of the DEATH OF HAWKMAN miniseries, Adam Strange is blasted through multiple dimensions only to land on Earth! But instead of super powered beings and legendary crime fighters, he encounters a boy adventurer and his scientist father - and they're the only ones who can help him return home..."

So yeah, the Hanna-Barbera-verse is evidently one of the infinite universes/dimensions within the larger DC multiverse/omniverse.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 13th, 2016 at 12:26 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 12:22 AM
Senor Cage

So, first it's He-Man, then Watchmen, now Hanna Barbera.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 04:17 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Zack M
So, first it's He-Man, then Watchmen, now Hanna Barbera.

DC is assimilating everything... resistance is futile

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 09:09 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote