KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games that haven't aged well.

Games that haven't aged well.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Shadow of Colossus certainly hasn't aged well. At least, the PS2 version hasn't.

And before anyone says "duh, PS2", God of War II STILL looks awesome to this day. Remember, that PS2 game was big news DURING the 360 era.

Lots of other games aged pretty gracefully, if not as.
SoTC is still one of the greatest games of all-time, imo.

Its aged ok, not great.

But the experience is still a must-play.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 10:29 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Legend of Grimrock says otherwise.

Indy games are another animal. wink

Hmm, LoG is available on Ipad...?

Ooch, 4.99. Well, more reasonable then FTL: Faster Then Light's 10 dollar price tag. Glad I got that one on a Steam sale.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 04:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Mass Effect 1.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 03:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

It aged better then Mass Effect 3 tbqh

Howdy!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2017 04:00 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Mass Effect 1.

With mods it's graphically fine for the most part. The shooting isn't great, but its serviceable. and it's still a cracker of an RPG imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2017 04:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Graphically, pretty much any PS1 game looks like crap now.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2017 06:12 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Kingdom Hearts. All of them.

Although they were shit from the start, but now they're borderline unplayable.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 06:11 AM
ares834

Shadow of Colossus certainly hasn't aged well. At least, the PS2 version hasn't.

I gotta disagree here. The game is still as fun to play as it ever was and because of the design style it isn’t an eye sore.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 03:19 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

After you've played Dark Souls, it really looks bad though.

I'm talking the classic PS2 version, in widescreen on an hdtv.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:56 PM
cdtm

Going to add: Zelda games.

This is probably heresy, but the Zelda formula was fun in the 80's and 90's. Original Zelda was great, Link to the Past was great, OOT was fantastic. By the time of Windwaker, it started getting old, and then Twilight Princess came along, and now..

Now, it's just not as much fun anymore. There's better ways to get an rpg fix, whether it's Elder Scrolls games or Dragon's Dogman, or Witcher, or Souls.. Zelda was great when it was unique, but it's simply been outdone a million times over by now and refused to change with the times. And now all it has going for it is nostalgia..

And I guess my appreciation for nostalgia's run out. I can't even get into old Mario or Punch-Out anymore, I want something new..

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 09:03 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Í'd like to add the first Assassin's Creed in here as well.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 10:20 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yeah, AC1 became horribly outdated the moment the sequel dropped, which improved on the first game in essentially every way. Arkham Asylum hasn't aged well for me for the same reason. Arkham City just improved on what Asylum did in every way.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 11:34 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Going to add: Zelda games.

This is probably heresy, but the Zelda formula was fun in the 80's and 90's. Original Zelda was great, Link to the Past was great, OOT was fantastic. By the time of Windwaker, it started getting old, and then Twilight Princess came along, and now..

Now, it's just not as much fun anymore. There's better ways to get an rpg fix, whether it's Elder Scrolls games or Dragon's Dogman, or Witcher, or Souls.. Zelda was great when it was unique, but it's simply been outdone a million times over by now and refused to change with the times. And now all it has going for it is nostalgia..

And I guess my appreciation for nostalgia's run out. I can't even get into old Mario or Punch-Out anymore, I want something new..

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 18th, 2017 06:00 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote