KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Fate of The Furious

The Fate of The Furious
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Furious Fate. I like that!!!

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 02:14 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quit lusting after women we both know would spit on you rather than talk to you. Bernard, act like a married man FFS.

"I bang hot ass." -quanchi112

:0

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 05:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Plot is awesome!

"How about we make the good guy bad and the bad guy good?"

Brilliant!

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 08:08 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^I thought so, too.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 10:26 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Estacado
Plot is awesome!

"How about we make the good guy bad and the bad guy good?"

Brilliant!

Original too

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 11:06 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Originally posted by Estacado
Plot is awesome!

"How about we make the good guy bad and the bad guy good, and toss in lots of explosions to cover up any plot holes?"

Brilliant!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2016 02:19 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Holy fu#king shit... this has already made over a billion dollars..

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=furious8.htm

And what's weird is that I haven't heard any buzz about this, no one talking about it, no one even mentioned seeing it..

Old Post May 10th, 2017 02:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Because it's making most of its money overseas.

Old Post May 10th, 2017 06:05 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Ah, good point. Good lord, almost a billion dollars overseas. That's nucking futs.

Old Post May 10th, 2017 06:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I watched this last night and I have to admit it's surprisingly entertaining. I hesitate to say "good", but definitely engaging and fun to watch. Not sure how much of it is actually semi-plausible, though. Also not sure the villain's motivations made any sense, but whatevs..

The film seems to totally miss the point of the moral dilemma it sets up and it's an interesting one: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: sacrifice one's son to stop a maniac (a son he didn't even realize he had!) and prevent the deaths of hundreds of other people, or dogmatically fight for one's own family no matter what. I knew it was a foregone conclusion at the start of the movie what was going to happen knowing these films, so to me the film didn't even invite anyone to consider the dilemma. I guess it would be too challenging a thing to bring up in a film series like this, fans wouldn't know what to make of it. But none-the-less a fun film. Might be one of the better films in the series, up there with Fast 5. I didn't particularly care for 6 and I fell asleep during 7, not that it was bad, though, necessarily.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 01:09 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Holy fu#king shit... this has already made over a billion dollars..

And there goes all hope for another Riddick film. sad

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 03:34 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
And there goes all hope for another Riddick film. sad

Why do you say that?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2017 05:49 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Well considering how much this instalment made, it's pretty much guaranteed Diesel's contracted for the inevitable next one.

And then he reprised his Xander Cage role in XXX.

There's also the fact that he had to moe or less bank roll the last Riddick movie....

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 12:59 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ The success of this franchise will allow him to do other riskier projects he wants though. Because studios will be more willing to bank on him.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 01:14 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I think the more success he has the better for the future of Riddick. I don't know what's up with Twohy, though. He's supposedly busy with some project, but IMDb doesn't have much about it and supposedly they were supposed to even start filming the next Riddick film sometime this year, but it's been very quiet lately... since the odd announcement for "Furia" and the accompanying TV show...

Riddick 4 (????)

Trouble is: Vin has to go into some isolation for a few months before they film to get into character, so that's probably a big obstacle.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 02:33 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Diesel also wants a Hannibal trilogy (not Hannibal Lector) get made too.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 06:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

This movie was dumb and ridiculous, yet I had a lot of fun with it. Two of the highlights for me were [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the prison breakout scene and the airplane fight where Shaw took on a bunch of bad guys while carrying Dom's baby around.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 06:41 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ The success of this franchise will allow him to do other riskier projects he wants though. Because studios will be more willing to bank on him.

Yeah that was what Vin was hoping for with the previous Riddick movie...leeway & funding from HollyWood.

From memory, filming stopped 3/4 into production & he had to go overseas to seek funding to complete the project.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 08:22 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji

Years.
Been waiting on this for years.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2017 10:05 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
This movie was dumb and ridiculous, yet I had a lot of fun with it. Two of the highlights for me were [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the prison breakout scene and the airplane fight where Shaw took on a bunch of bad guys while carrying Dom's baby around.

Haha.. yeah, there is definitely some cheese in the film. That was pretty cringe-worthy. But it was still more fun than them jumping from car to car in Furious 6.. heh, god that was hilarious. laughing out loud

Originally posted by Kazenji

God, is that still happening? I haven't heard anything about it in years... it was probably a decade ago that I heard anything about it..

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 02:08 AM