KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Shows that need to be rebooted

Shows that need to be rebooted
Started by: 0mega Spawn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Google searched Magnum P.I. reboot, and a bunch of articles came up about it.

If the show isn't really about Magnum, maybe Selleck can do it between Blue Bloods?

It'd be nice to see him reprise the role.

If its on CBS again maybe they can cross over with Hawaii 5-0, as the the original shows never could.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 07:06 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Do we really need another investigation procedural case-of-the-week show like Magnum PI? I mean we've already got a million CSIs and NCIS and Bones and whatever, it's all a bit dull IMO. I'd rather the networks try something interesting like what HBO just did rebooting WestWorld as a series. Something like that.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 09:34 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

'Dinner for Five'.

that was a great show and format.

The Hollywood Reporter does roundtable discussions with various actors, writers, directors, etc., but the conversations aren't organic and the moderator often times interrupts the flow. Jon Favreau did a great job bringing together seemingly random guests that resulted in really funny conversations and storytelling.

Last edited by marwash22 on Jan 2nd, 2017 at 10:34 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 10:30 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Firefly218
I'd rather the networks try something interesting like what HBO just did rebooting WestWorld as a series. Something like that.

The networks dont work that way.
Ratings that will keep a show on the air on SyFy or HBO Starz wont hold up for them. 'Interesting' shows are often niche shows, with smaller audiences.

Originally posted by Firefly218
^ Do we really need another investigation procedural case-of-the-week show like Magnum PI? I mean we've already got a million CSIs and NCIS and Bones

Nothing inherently wrong with procedurals.
Often its not the cases its the camaraderie among the characters people tune in for.
Same applies to comedies of which there are many that follow the same badic formula.
Those type shows sell though, and are network staples because they do.

Anyhow, all CSI shows are off the air, of the 3 NCIS shows, NCIS LA is on its last season, and Bones is, too.
That takes you from a million and four to 2. stick out tongue

Last edited by riv6672 on Jan 2nd, 2017 at 01:14 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 01:12 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
The networks dont work that way.
Ratings that will keep a show on the air on SyFy or HBO Starz wont hold up for them. 'Interesting' shows are often niche shows, with smaller audiences.

Nothing inherently wrong with procedurals.
Often its not the cases its the camaraderie among the characters people tune in for.
Same applies to comedies of which there are many that follow the same badic formula.
Those type shows sell though, and are network staples because they do.

Anyhow, all CSI shows are off the air, of the 3 NCIS shows, NCIS LA is on its last season, and Bones is, too.
That takes you from a million and four to 2. stick out tongue
Yeah I get what you're saying but I'm not speaking from business feasibility, I'm speaking as an audience member what I'd like to see. Procedurals/sitcoms are the easy cash cow because they syndicate, but I don't find them interesting.

Networks can always green light another Monk or CSI whatever, but historically the most memorable and impactful things have been serials like Lost where people keep tuning back in to see what happens next.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 08:51 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^So true.

Not sure how old you are, but as someone who lived through TV before Cable, the great thing is, at least now there are choices for viewers that dont like the same old. And thank God for that!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 08:57 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Originally posted by riv6672
Well, at least you didnt hate it!

def has potential ill probably pop in from time to time

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 05:27 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

bring back Knight Rider but do it right this time

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 05:29 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brian547

All TV shows will probably get rebooted some day. Take L.A. Law as an example. Steven Bochco recently stated that he is developing an L.A. Law reboot for NBC this coming fall.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2017 05:10 PM
Brian547 is currently offline Click here to Send Brian547 a Private Message Find more posts by Brian547 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Street Hawk should get a reboot since no-one really remembers it, I swear I thought I had invented that show until Bravo ran it in the late '90s, none of my friends could remember it, I mean, it's basically Knight Rider with a bike!

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 12:05 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002)

Batman The Brave & The Bold

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 12:27 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Originally posted by samhain
Street Hawk should get a reboot since no-one really remembers it, I swear I thought I had invented that show until Bravo ran it in the late '90s, none of my friends could remember it, I mean, it's basically Knight Rider with a bike!

YES

You Know This.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 12:31 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote