KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DoS Superman and the JLA vs Peak Power Onslaught...

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Peak Power Onslaught wins... 5 35.71%
Superman and the Justice League win... 9 64.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DoS Superman and the JLA vs Peak Power Onslaught...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
IIRC he was basically melting people with psionic energy smile

Not impresive at all laughing out loud

Who did he melt? Also, please provide some TP resistant fts.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 06:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by carver9
Who did he melt? Also, please provide some TP resistant fts.

Go out and read some comics kid. I'm not spoonfeeding you as always

Panic in the sky arc, he could have killed all the heroes if not for green lantern IIRC

Now do your research carver

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Dec 24th, 2016 at 06:17 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 06:13 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

IIRC he was basically melting people with psionic energy smile

Not impresive at all laughing out loud

And even Mon El and Maxima couldn't break through it. It was killing Mon El to even try, while Maxima had to encase herself in the combined Metal Men to make it past the psionic field.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 06:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I will have to re read those, but yeah Maxima is not a walk in the park
Maxima is an extremely powerful telepath.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 06:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by cdtm
And even Mon El and Maxima couldn't break through it. It was killing Mon El to even try, while Maxima had to encase herself in the combined Metal Men to make it past the psionic field.

thumb up

Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Galan007
Maxima is an extremely powerful telepath.

thumb up

Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Here Carver, because I still like you even if you are a superman hater and have the worst arguments on earth.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/super...war/4000-68536/

smile

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 06:27 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Brainiac was severed from Warworld at the time, but it's still a great TP feat for Maxima.

Btw, Max has several uber TP/TK feats under her belt:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 06:36 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I suppose to be impressed with this when you all outright ignore Onslaught being amped by an Abstract? Not impressed.

In the spirit of Christmas, I'm not going to ask you why you're such an idiot and prove your reading comprehension is terrible.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 07:41 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I'm not impressed...at all.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:29 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Brainiac was severed from Warworld at the time, but it's still a great TP feat for Maxima.

Btw, Max has several uber TP/TK feats under her belt:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

So does Onslaught.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:30 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Did I say otherwise?

I only pointed out Maxima's slew of psi-feats, because Rao was just mentioning one of them... One that isn't even her best, imo. thumb up

*And if you aren't impressed with Maxima's psi-feats, then you clearly don't comprehend them... Not fully. smile

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:32 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Did I say otherwise?

I only pointed out Maxima's slew of psi-feats, because Rao was just mentioning one of them... One that isn't even her best, imo. thumb up

*And if you aren't impressed with Maxima's psi-feats, then you clearly don't comprehend them... Not fully. smile

thumb up

Many people think Maxima is not powerful, but she actually is pretty powerful.

I just realized that after I read panic in the sky and the whole Jurgens run on the JLA again, but she is a respectable character.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:35 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Very much so. In her heyday Max was one of the most powerful telepaths in DC, tbh.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:40 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not impressed...at all.

So Maxima one shot psi koing Orion and Lightray isn't impressive?

Brainiac killing a Superman class character with psi isn't impressive?

Ok. I won't even ask what you think of evolved Braniac reaching out across another universe to mind screw everyone on Earth into thinking Supermans body lies dead in his tomb, including fooling scientists using instruments, followed by psi blasting into unconsciousness every single New God on New Genesis at once. Obviously not impressive.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:20 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Ok. I won't even ask what you think of evolved Braniac reaching out across another universe to mind screw everyone on Earth into thinking Supermans body lies dead in his tomb, including fooling scientists using instruments, followed by psi blasting into unconsciousness every single New God on New Genesis at once. Obviously not impressive.

That's potato chips in Marvel, even punisher can do that

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:27 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

To be fair, Brainiac doing that from New Genesis was after Maxima nearly killed him, as somehow that coma increased his telepathy yet again. He did that not just from a great distance, but another dimension and while in a coma.

He was an impressive telepath before even without Warworld amping him. Even from the start. Like every ****ing time he faced Superman again he was more powerful than the last from whatever enhancement.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:36 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Delta1938
To be fair, Brainiac doing that from New Genesis was after Maxima nearly killed him, as somehow that coma increased his telepathy yet again. He did that not just from a great distance, but another dimension and while in a coma.

He was an impressive telepath before even without Warworld amping him. Even from the start. Like every ****ing time he faced Superman again he was more powerful than the last from whatever enhancement.

Yep.

And yet, somehow he couldn't just shut down Superman's mind (He did it once, only after sapping every bit of power from a Lexcorp scientific complex.)

Various writers seemed to notice this, like John Ostrander, who had a VERY powerful version of Martian Manhunter do things like scan every mind on Earth for a specific piece of info, yet be unable to even locate Superman in his Clark Kent guise.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:41 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Yep.

And yet, somehow he couldn't just shut down Superman's mind (He did it once, only after sapping every bit of power from a Lexcorp scientific complex.)

Various writers seemed to notice this, like John Ostrander, who had a VERY powerful version of Martian Manhunter do things like scan every mind on Earth for a specific piece of info, yet be unable to even locate Superman in his Clark Kent guise.

Yeah, Superman's got some insane telepathic resistance feats. But people cherry picking shit, often omitting context, somehow means we all lie about Superman being immune to telepathy when......We didn't actually claim he was immune to it. The dishonest tactics they use. erm

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:50 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Yep.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:52 PM