KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why do peoole hate Darth Bane?

Why do peoole hate Darth Bane?
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Geistalt
Yeah; in a way. Conflicting opinions are amusing.

Nah, but the reasons for your opinion kinda is.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Bane dies made for a good meme, and the Bane trilogy is poorly written tripe. Not much more to it.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 07:26 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by ILS
I fail to see how Galen qualifies as a Gary Stu. I recall him being trained with the utmost harshness and efficiency by Vader from childhood, and being stated as having one of the highest potentials in Star Wars.

So, you don't find Galen's character to be very author inserty, and, essentially, a power fulfillment character? Everything about him screams it. He's the catalyst behind the Rebel Alliance, he, for some reason, has Force potential that shares parity with one who was born the the Force itself, his scoring the smoking hot girl, despite having no real redeeming qualities as a spouse? What about besting Darth Vader, despite barely being a match for Shaak Ti a short time before? Or that outright ridiculous final death sacrifice?

Galen sorta just was made into this all important figure out of nowhere, for literally no good reason, while retconning events in the process.

As for the rest, yeah, I concur Bane is a far worse character.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Okay, now for the opener. You're great Tempest, greater than me, and, quite possibly, the best this forum, or any other forum that debates Star Wars has ever seen. To me however, you're nothing but an obstacle that stands in my way of climbing the metaphorical ladder to the top.

Now lets get this party started, shall we?

__________________TELEPATHY_____________________

I will start this of by saying: Vader won't last very long. He is outclassed by Valkorion so badly, that his presence is effectively insignificance. Unless Palpatine sticks his neck out to protect his apprentice at all cost, he isn't won't survive past the initial onslaught. One of the main reasons for that is Valkorion's incredible telepathic prowess.

Even as a child, before gaining a absolute substantial amount of power, knowledge, and skill in the Force, he utterly trashed Dramath's mind

Even accounting for the nexus, it only required if we do want to nitpick the showing by screaming "NEXUS!", note the quote specifically says it required only a fractionof Vitiate power so it more than evens itself out.

Other Valkorion telepathic showing include, but not limited to:

- Mentally suppressing Vaylin's power.

- Mentally dominating an entire strike team of the most powerful Jedi in the Galaxy.

- Mind controlled countless minds during the Ziost campaign

- Dropped telepathic discomfort to the point he was dropped to his knees via a small glimpse in his mind

2) In the The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook: Clone B-2332-54, Palpatine was able to mentally molest Vader from distance measured in light years. Sidous, per it's absence in the text, was met with no resistance despite Vader's chance to rebuke his intrusion

- Time and again, Vader has showed his in suggestible to telepathic attacks, and he has absolutely zero showing [to my knowledge] that suggest he could fend off Valkorion's dominating mental fortitude.
That mentality is the main reason people don't want to read your arguments.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 07:50 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Is there a reason you're going on a witch hunt to defame my character on a completely unrelated thread?

I mean, if my little jab about you mental condition hurt your feelings, I'm sorry.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 07:55 PM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Is there a reason you're going on a witch hunt to defame my character on a completely unrelated thread?

I mean, if my little jab about you mental condition hurt your feelings, I'm sorry.
It's alright; my friends and family admit I'm a nutcase (and I was more trying to point out that, despite your argument's other flaws, the idea to you have to be > EVERYONE ELSE just drives people away).

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

(please log in to view the image)

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:21 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

The idea that you have to be, rather.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:28 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

The idea to you have to be > EVERYONE ELSE just drives people away).

Have to be? Nah --- I have no problem with others being better than me. Do I want to be, though?

Absolutely. I'm a pretty competitive person, at thr end of the day.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:33 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Pfft, Leos.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:42 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

The idea that you are, rather (since being "on your way to the top" implies that you've already trampled over other "obstacles").

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:44 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Pfft, Leos.

Are the best, I know. thumb up

The idea that you are, rather (since being "on your way to the top" implies that you've already trampled over other "obstacles").

Well, so moved up the ranks for me to be seen as a pretty good debater by most. That's the aforesaid "obstacles" I was referring to.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:15 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Honestly DC I only know you by reputation as I've never seen true debating chops.

I only know you can make good openers and usually don't finish debates.

And I've interacted with you for nearly 2 years now.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:17 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Not saying you're not a good debater because from what I can tell from your openers you are, but you can't really be generally inactive for 2 years and expect an old rep to carry you in the eyes of newer people in the community.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:17 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Are the best, I know. thumb up
Predictable response from a Leo.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:32 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

I'm not really expecting, nor hoping, for anything to carry over, lal.

Buuuut this thread is straying off-topic a bit too much. You guys can shit on my debating in a more appropriate thread. xD

Edit: Ninja'd.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Dec 24th, 2016 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 09:35 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Apart from possibly Theron Shan, any protagonist that Drew writes is going to end up terribly.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 10:16 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You've already gotten your answer.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 10:17 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Because *cough* people used to wank him above Sidious.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 11:39 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yeah, reckon Kun will be next. smile

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote