KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why do peoole hate Darth Bane?

Why do peoole hate Darth Bane?
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
To be fair, he kept it up for a couple of years, but he caved under the pressure long before your time.

More generally I'm just not that invested in Star Wars debating any more.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 06:36 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Star Wars is dead without old-graphic'd video-games.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 07:04 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Emperordmb

no one is

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 07:06 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by NewGuy01
no one is

I could tell by the double suicide today lol

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 07:10 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

How is life as an engineer?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 07:16 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Darth Bane starts as brute and turns into a brilliant mastermind. I don't know if there are people who hate him.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The.D0minator
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah shit always went Bane's way and he never got injured... aside from when Republic soldiers caused circumstances that lead to him being forced off his homeworld into the Sith army, when Sirak brutally injured him and he lost his ability to call on the Force, when he ventured to the Korriban tombs for knowledge and got dick all for his efforts except almost starving to death, when he got poisoned to the point where he couldn't even speak on Ambria, when he got plagued by Qordis and Kaan's ghosts to the point where he crashed his ship, when he failed in repeated lengthy attempts to construct a holocron, when he struggled with controlling the orbalisk bloodlust, when he got injured to the brink of death on Tython, when he was confronted with the problem of aging and had to spend half a book looking for a solution to that problem, when he got captured, then when he was imprisoned, then when he died.

But no, Bane's just some Gary Stu who jumps in dick first with no forethought and hits success 95% of the time. thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 08:38 PM
Click here to Send The.D0minator a Private Message Find more posts by The.D0minator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Is it because of Last Jedi, if so then I don't blame you

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 08:53 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't dislike Dooku's personality, in fact I actually appreciate how he's written and acted.

The irritation I've expressed is moreso how some people treat him as this sympathetic character whose just trying to do what's right deep down and think he upholds some moral standard that other Sith don't... when that clearly is not how he's written.

It's like with Killmonger in Black Panther, I actually thought he was a pretty solid villain, but the moral apologism for him by some of his fans irritated the **** out of me.

So no Kurk, my complaint is not that I have a problem with Dooku being an evil murdering psychopath, my complaint is that some people (not you) deny he's an evil murdering psychopath.
Well if you cherrypick with simply the movies and Dark Rendevous, Dooku's character is very gray and 'sympathetic'.

I blame Filoni and Golden for degrading him into a rent-a-sith.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
He's still a student. $500 he'll be working for some appliance company if he doesn't get his shit together.

By shit, I mean ambition, social skills, and him letting go of his morals.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Darth Bane starts as brute and turns into a brilliant mastermind. I don't know if there are people who hate him.

Yeah, for all the shit Bane gets people have to remember that the guy rose from indentured servant to Sith Lord. I can't think of too many other Sith who managed to do that--Banite sith at least.

Tenebrous on, all those Sith had extravagant upbringings.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2018 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The.D0minator
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight

who the hell is an engineer here (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 08:28 AM
Click here to Send The.D0minator a Private Message Find more posts by The.D0minator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

because he stole his name from the man who broke the Bat

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 06:12 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote