KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » KMC: Choose ONE Power, Part Two.

KMC: Choose ONE Power, Part Two.
Started by: DarkSaint85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
You have energy manipulation, right? Kind of like Monica. What's your physical form?

Like Sin's wettest dream.

But it doesn't have to be an energy form, to be a manipulator. I can (and will) be physical.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 05:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Like Sin's wettest dream.

But it doesn't have to be an energy form, to be a manipulator. I can (and will) be physical.

Perfect to know. Im staying with Aquarian.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:13 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Perfect to know. Im staying with Aquarian.

thumb up

DarkSaint85: Energy manipulation
Id: Psionics
staxamillion: slides out of people's memories
carver9: Energy null field
Deathslash: Cinematic guns
cdtm: drunken fist stick out tongue
Supermutant: earth manipulation
Stop the hate: orgazmo

Originally posted by deathslash
Hey DS, I'd like to change my power but I'm not entirely sure if it's off limits because it involves partially controlling time.

PM someone who cares. By that I mean, maybe we need more judges and hosts, lol. Perhaps Blair, as he was the initial creator?

I just don't want to be a participant, and at the same time someone who says yay or nay to powers (within reason - if someone asks for the Spot's powers, I will say no lol, as it has been clearly listed at the start in the OP as being chosen before, and thus, banned).

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:20 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:20 PM
tkitna

The power to control squirrels

Is that too beastly for this tournament?

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 07:38 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by tkitna
The power to control squirrels

Is that too beastly for this tournament?

It's certainly the beastliest so far.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 07:43 PM
DarkSaint85

MOAR.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2016 11:11 PM
DarkSaint85

We would also need hosts, and judges, if this is to get off the ground. If not...I can just blow my load all over the thread.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 10:44 PM
carver9

Let me think a little longer on my ability.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 10:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

No worries, I doubt this will be a quick thing - I just don't want it to fizzle out.

By think, you mean potentially change, or do you mean the applications/tactics of said ability?

Edit: if the latter, the way we did it in the last tourney (which I think was good) was to have a scan to back our claims up.

So for example, with me, if I said I would use my portals to rip the blood out of people, even if the Spot never showed it, Coyote did. So I was allowed to say I could. If I said I was porting the Sun into Earth, people basically shot me down, because I had no such scans.

Even if the theory was sound *grumble*

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jan 1st, 2017 at 11:00 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 10:58 PM
carver9

Change abilities. Question. Is speed "control" too much of a high end ability? Example, like Wally. I'm not moving at his speed, I'm getting his ability to control people speed like take away or increase a person's speed (control speed). I can do it on his level though.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 11:12 PM
carver9

No worries, I doubt this will be a quick thing - I just don't want it to fizzle out.

By think, you mean potentially change, or do you mean the applications/tactics of said ability?

Edit: if the latter, the way we did it in the last tourney (which I think was good) was to have a scan to back our claims up.

So for example, with me, if I said I would use my portals to rip the blood out of people, even if the Spot never showed it, Coyote did. So I was allowed to say I could. If I said I was porting the Sun into Earth, people basically shot me down, because I had no such scans.

Even if the theory was sound *grumble*

The last tourny wasn't as organized as you are trying make it.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 11:13 PM
DarkSaint85

Change abilities. Question. Is speed "control" too much of a high end ability? Example, like Wally. I'm not moving at his speed, I'm getting his ability to control people speed like take away or increase a person's speed (control speed). I can do it on his level though.

Low Herald level cap, remember.

The last tourny wasn't as organized as you are trying make it.

Yeah, hence the attempts for this one.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2017 11:41 PM
Supermutant

Didn't members just vote on who won last time?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 02:01 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Supermutant
Didn't members just vote on who won last time?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=607928

Nope, it had judges and everything.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 04:25 PM
Supermutant

So it had judges and forum members votes. Interesting combo

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 04:56 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Low Herald level cap, remember.

Yeah, hence the attempts for this one.

Low Herald Cap for ability or low Herald for character chosen? I thought we were choosing abilities, not characters?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 04:58 PM
DarkSaint85

Low Herald Cap for ability or low Herald for character chosen? I thought we were choosing abilities, not characters?

Low herald cap for ability, not character. So you said in your post you could do it on Wally's level - he's a high herald, IIRC. So if you can use speedsteal on the level of Wally....see what I mean?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 05:02 PM
carver9

Low herald cap for ability, not character. So you said in your post you could do it on Wally's level - he's a high herald, IIRC. So if you can use speedsteal on the level of Wally....see what I mean?

No, I don't to be honest. If I said I want Black Adam strength, that wouldn't even make me a Herald in the tier thread and I would lose the tourny. Wally isn't a Herald because he can steal speed, he is a Herald due to all of the applications of his abilities...along with being the fastest man alive.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 05:12 PM
DarkSaint85

No, I don't to be honest. If I said I want Black Adam strength, that wouldn't even make me a Herald in the tier thread and I would lose the tourny. Wally isn't a Herald because he can steal speed, he is a Herald due to all of the applications of his abilities...along with being the fastest man alive.

But you want to use it at Wally's High Herald level, which is....High Herald, lol.

That's like me choosing Surfer's transmutation powers. Or Hulk's strength (he has other abilities too).

Wally has stolen speed from the entire Earth, whilst standing at the North Pole. The speed of entire races of beings. High heralds. Trans level beings (who in turn had HH level speed).

You can absolutely choose it, but you cannot have it at Wally's level, is all I am saying.

That's like saying you want speed, or flight, but at Superman's level - Superman, of course, having other abilities.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 05:25 PM