KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » America... Russia interfered with your democracy.

America... Russia interfered with your democracy.
Started by: Stop the hate

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

When Trump does it = Small Penis
When Obama does it = He must of had a good reason

And its not like I am making this up.
Politifact

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:21 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

obama didnt try to make opinions illegal, so you're lying again. thumb down

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:23 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yes he did, Journalists have opinions.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:24 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

k, i'm done playing this game. waste someone else's time with your schtick

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:25 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
trump is literally trying to enforce though-police policy on u.s. citizens and make certain opinions illegal, and you support it.

oh but clearly i'm the raging hypocrite. riiiiight thumb up

I hate to take sides in political debates like this, but if what Bashar says here is correct, then yes, if Trump is beginning to suppress free speech, that is one of the first building blocks to totalitarianism. That is the same starting point as say communism, and facism began their oppressive regimes.

I don't remember Obama doing it to stifle freedom of speech, or freedom of expression... Unless I missed something.

The Supreme Master Of The Fist!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:25 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

k, i'm done playing this game. waste someone else's time with your schtick

Im pointing out selective outrage. Can you criticize Obama for what he did, if so, we can move forward. Say he had a small penis for doing what he did, and all is fair.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:26 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I hate to take sides in political debates like this, but if what Bashar says here is correct, then yes, if Trump is beginning to suppress free speech, that is one of the first building blocks to totalitarianism. That is the same starting point as say communism, and facism began their oppressive regimes.

I don't remember Obama doing it to stifle freedom of speech, or freedom of expression... Unless I missed something.

Stifling freedom of speech of journalists is the same thing. You did miss something, all you have to do is read the link I posted. Which you didn't. And please don't say you did, its a long read.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:27 PM
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Originally posted by Sable
Stifling freedom of speech of journalists is the same thing. You did miss something, all you have to do is read the link I posted. Which you didn't. And please don't say you did, its a long read.

Judging from the link you posted, Obama used the act as a means to quash the leakage of classified military intelligence. That is a legitimate use of that act, as it is meant to protect the country and it's people. When it is used to stifle the press from publicising political opinions held by the countries own people, that is suppression of public opinion, as in he's using the act to silence a part of the population. That's not a legitimate use of the act. That's strongarming the law to shut people up.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:31 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Really, James Rosen was a leaker?

"When it is used to stifle the press from publicising political opinions held by the countries own people, that is suppression of public opinion, as in he's using the act to silence a part of the population. That's not a legitimate use of the act. That's strongarming the law to shut people up."

What you just described is exactly what happened.

Last edited by Sable on Sep 29th, 2017 at 06:35 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:32 PM
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Really, James Rosen was a leaker?

A quick glance at that tells me he was leaking classified information, information he knew was classified.

How is being told not to leak classified information even being considered anywhere close to being comparable to using the law to tell people to shut up and conform to nothing but positive opinion for Trump?

tell me, how is comparing Obama going after leakers of classified information considered the same as chasing people who do not like trump and are vocal about it? It's not even remotely in the same hemisphere of being the same thing.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:39 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry no, your brief glance isnt actually the facts, James Rosen was not leaking anything, he was a journalist. Please actually read the stories and not debate me based of breif glances you think are the facts which are simply not true. Your entire post above is completely irrelevant because its based off your wrong assumption of the facts so I will not be replying to it directly until you gain the facts of the story.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:39 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

he said, desperately avoiding the facts of today's story

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:44 PM
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

Sorry no, your brief glance isnt actually the facts, James Rosen was not leaking anything, he was a journalist. Please actually read the stories.

quote:
From the first line of the article
A Fox News reporter is under investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation over allegations of conspiracy that resulted from a leak of classified material from a State Department source.

I'm pretty sure that says exactly what I surmised it does. He wasn't being investigated for being a journalist Sable. He was being investigated because he recieved suspected classified files.

As I said, this is FAR different from what trump is doing now. And you never answered my earlier question, which I think is a fair question. Are you raising this issue as a point of contention of hypocricy or justification? Because neither is a good thing.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:44 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm pretty sure that says exactly what I surmised it does. He wasn't being investigated for being a journalist Sable. He was being investigated because he recieved suspected classified files.

As I said, this is FAR different from what trump is doing now. And you never answered my earlier question, which I think is a fair question. Are you raising this issue as a point of contention of hypocricy or justification? Because neither is a good thing.

You can't be serious? He was wrongly investigated and detained for being given classified info. Did you know once classified material is leaked to the journalist, its protected under the 1st amendment?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:47 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

dsz you're wasting your time. and look at all the ninja edits. what a joke.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:47 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

he said, desperately avoiding the facts of today's story

IM not avoiding anything, all is fair in love and war.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:50 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Stop. Stopping leaks of classified information is not the same as stopping the negative opinions and viewpoints of private citizens. The later is what happens in countries like N. Korea.

It's not even in the same ballpark. It's not even in the same sport. They're both not even sports.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
The Ultimate Warrior

You can't be serious?

I'm dead serious. Even if you are right about Obama, even if every thing you said was a legitimate fact, and I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here ok, which is more than what guys like Bash or Rob ever will, the question still remains - why would trump be allowed to get away with it if all you had to do was point at a previous administration and say "look there?"

To me, that is literally kindergarten level of blame deflection. "Teacher, he did it first so it must be ok, right?"

That is where the logic of justification goes.

If we are going by pointing out the hypocritical, well then, who is the more hypocritical, the hypocrite? or the fool who copies the hypocrite?

It is literally the ultimate catch 22 here. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how someone in your position ever would condone this sort of action, no matter what side of the political spectrum you sit on. I say this because I know you love America and it's freedoms. I cannot seem to comprehend why you would allow Trump, even if you do support him, to literally take a gaping steamer on one of the very founding principals of your country. It can't be just so you can give a cocky middle finger to the Democrats. It's not worth that much.

(please log in to view the image)

Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Stop. Stopping leaks of classified information is not the same as stopping the negative opinions and viewpoints of private citizens.

It's not even in the same ballpark. It's not even in the same sport. They're both not even sports.

James Rosen didn't leak anything..

Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm dead serious. Even if you are right about Obama, even if every thing you said was a legitimate fact, and I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here ok, which is more than what guys like Bash or Rob ever will, the question still remains - why would trump be allowed to get away with it if all you had to do was point at a previous administration and say "look there?"

To me, that is literally kindergarten level of blame deflection. "Teacher, he did it first so it must be ok, right?"

That is where the logic of justification goes.

If we are going by pointing out the hypocritical, well then, who is the more hypocritical, the hypocrite? or the fool who copies the hypocrite?

It is literally the ultimate catch 22 here. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how someone in your position ever would condone this sort of action, no matter what side of the political spectrum you sit on. I say this because I know you love America and it's freedoms. I cannot seem to comprehend why you would allow Trump, even if you do support him, to literally take a gaping steamer on one of the very founding principals of your country. It can't be just so you can give a cocky middle finger to the Democrats. It's not worth that much.

(please log in to view the image)

There is literally no evidence that said Trump ordered this. We don't even know all the facts of this story. You will notice the story is light important details.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2017 06:57 PM