KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » TFA vs Rogue One

Which is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Force Awakens 12 33.33%
Rogue One 24 66.67%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TFA vs Rogue One
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I hope it has AT-ATs

Shut up Beni...

I hope it has AT-ATs and Luke is revealed to be Rey's father.

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Luke is for certain Rey's father.

I'm more and more certain this was pretty much revealed in the film. So unless Rian and Colin purposely change Abrams original intention due to the hype around the question of who Rey is, it should be Luke.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 08:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

you like AT-ATs in rogue one but not Ep VIII? smh

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 01:19 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Rey is probably Assoka's daughter considering they are both disgusting Mary Sues.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 01:21 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I like them not using and doing the same things over and over. Especially after TFA.

Seems you've forgotten the days when Star Wars used to actually surprise us.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 01:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Those were AT-ACT, not AT-ATs.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 01:32 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I like them not using and doing the same things over and over. Especially after TFA.

Seems you've forgotten the days when Star Wars used to actually surprise us.
wow such double standard, Rogue one was full of stuff from the OT yet no complaints? They even had cgi tarkin, what a rip off. I hope we get cgi Lando in VIII.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 6th, 2017 at 01:51 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 01:46 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Those were AT-ACT, not AT-ATs.
same difference

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 01:46 PM
cs_zoltan

Beni's been triggered.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 02:13 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

i am a reasonable man, but Thor is testing my patience.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 05:16 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

TFA had good moments, but Rogue One is vastly superior, imho.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:06 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

I'm more and more certain this was pretty much revealed in the film. So unless Rian and Colin purposely change Abrams original intention due to the hype around the question of who Rey is, it should be Luke.

It's Palpatine. smile smile

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

wow such double standard, Rogue one was full of stuff from the OT yet no complaints? They even had cgi tarkin, what a rip off. I hope we get cgi Lando in VIII.

Think really hard about this and if you still don't get it then I'll explain the difference to you.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 08:05 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

There is nothing you can explain to me. sad

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 08:44 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Episode VIII isn't going to work unless we get Rey Palpatine IMHO.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 09:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

I liked TFA better, but not by a whole lot.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 09:08 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There is nothing you can explain to me. sad

Pretty arrogant thinking I can't explain anything to you about my preferences.

I'm not against nostalgia, but I'm used to Star Wars giving us something new and original with every film. TFA was the first SW film to revamp an old SW plot and sell it as a sequel, which didn't even make sense. I mean Resistance instead of Rebellion? First Order instead of the Empire? It's retarded. This is supposed to be a sequel to the OT, and yet somehow the Galaxy's just gone back to the same situation they were in the OT..

On top of that it's supposed to be 30 years later, and yet everyone's still using the same spaceships. Star Destroyer's, X-Wing's and Tie Fighters. But hey no Death Star right? Oh wait..

Now did R1 just copy a previous SW film? Nope. Is R1 giving us the same political situation and vehicles? Well.. Yeah... But it makes sense coming right before ANH. But heck they still managed to give us U-Wings and Death Troopers at least.

R1 is a Great example of how you can give us something new and different but still puts lots of nostalgia around it. TFA is a great example of a film just desperately clinging to nostalgia. It was the Superman Returns of SW films.

Heck Lucas himself called TFA a very Retro movie, but really liked R1. There's nothing hypocritical there. It's a perfectly valid criticism of TFA, that doesn't wholly apply to R1.

And FYI AT-AT's make sense for a ground assault in the OT time period. Plus we hadn't seen them on screen in a good long while. But I don't want Episode 8 now to just be a copy of ESB. And I'd definitely prefer they come up with some new vehicles (30 years on).

Originally posted by Nephthys
Episode VIII isn't going to work unless we get Rey Palpatine IMHO.

Personally not buying into any of these Grandparent theories, because I think they need to go into who her parents are, not grandparents.

She's most likely a Skywalker.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 06:32 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Pretty arrogant thinking I can't explain anything to you about my preferences.

I'm not against nostalgia, but I'm used to Star Wars giving us something new and original with every film. TFA was the first SW film to revamp an old SW plot and sell it as a sequel, which didn't even make sense. I mean Resistance instead of Rebellion? First Order instead of the Empire? It's retarded. This is supposed to be a sequel to the OT, and yet somehow the Galaxy's just gone back to the same situation they were in the OT..

On top of that it's supposed to be 30 years later, and yet everyone's still using the same spaceships. Star Destroyer's, X-Wing's and Tie Fighters. But hey no Death Star right? Oh wait..

Now did R1 just copy a previous SW film? Nope. Is R1 giving us the same political situation and vehicles? Well.. Yeah... But it makes sense coming right before ANH. But heck they still managed to give us U-Wings and Death Troopers at least.

R1 is a Great example of how you can give us something new and different but still puts lots of nostalgia around it. TFA is a great example of a film just desperately clinging to nostalgia. It was the Superman Returns of SW films.

Heck Lucas himself called TFA a very Retro movie, but really liked R1. There's nothing hypocritical there. It's a perfectly valid criticism of TFA, that doesn't wholly apply to R1.

And FYI AT-AT's make sense for a ground assault in the OT time period. Plus we hadn't seen them on screen in a good long while. But I don't want Episode 8 now to just be a copy of ESB. And I'd definitely prefer they come up with some new vehicles (30 years on).
Is this a bad time to say I was trolling?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 07:23 PM
Darth Thor

Is this a bad time to say I was trolling?

You little ....

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 08:03 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 08:30 PM
quanchi112
Disney

TFA and it isn't even close.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 08:33 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote