KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » TFA vs Rogue One

Which is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Force Awakens 12 33.33%
Rogue One 24 66.67%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TFA vs Rogue One
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Actually, y'know what? I'd find it hilarious.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Just to illustrate what's wrong with that:

*lets black guy play a main character*

*makes him play a homosexual*

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Actually, it's a double standard if he's straight.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:58 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
As I said, Leia hugging Rey and ignoring Chewie is my main gripe. Just having newer characters and focusing on them is natural.

And maybe having a genuinely diverse cast instead of just a PC-favoured cast would help. They did have Poe, I guess. As I said, not too big of a gripe, but the Leia scene definitely stood out and costs the film some points. Sure it was a mistake, but that doesn't excuse it. That's simply going to be an unfavourable part of the comparison against TPM.
I didn't like that scene either, but I don't really know how you're attributing that to it being PC rather than it being just a genuine mistake.

It was genuinely diverse, people of all different races and a relatively even spread of both males and females in it, kind of like they were trying to reflect the people of Earth, not some rural place in Kentucky. Like I said, the Leia-Rey thing was just a mistake and Leia was actually supposed to hug Chewie (IIRC), so it's not like they were actively trying to favor the "PC cast". TPM on the other hand was completely stale, everyone talked in the same monotone voice and had no personality. It's torture watching it.

Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

They should just let him be an aromantic hero, like Luke.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Emperordmb
LSDMB

There's nothing wrong with a diverse cast, but it seems disingenuous to me to suggest there isn't anything agenda based when in the SW celebration panel, Kathleen Kennedy said "Strong female character" so often that if you played a drinking game while watching it you'd die of alcohol poisoning, and a Rogue One writer said the empire was an evil white supremacist organization.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I didn't like that scene either, but I don't really know how you're attributing that to it being PC rather than it being just a genuine mistake.

It was genuinely diverse, people of all different races and a relatively even spread of both males and females in it, kind of like they were trying to reflect the people of Earth, not some rural place in Kentucky. Like I said, the Leia-Rey thing was just a mistake and Leia was actually supposed to hug Chewie (IIRC), so it's not like they were actively trying to favor the "PC cast". TPM on the other hand was completely stale, everyone talked in the same monotone voice and had no personality. It's torture watching it.

TPM's dialogue issues have been accounted for and are matched by TFA's rip-off script.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:01 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I'd rather have a rip-off script than a completely original yet dogshit one. TFA's script allows for an entertaining movie with good dialogue and acting, TPM's doesn't, really.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:07 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Emperordmb
a Rogue One writer said the empire was an evil white supremacist organization.

This probably bothered me more than any other thing frankly.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

I'd rather have a rip-off script than a completely original yet dogshit one.
Yeah; the Boonta race was garbage.

So was the disingenuous acting and killing off Maul's penis.

At least TFA had humor and action.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:14 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I'd rather have a rip-off script than a completely original yet dogshit one. TFA's script allows for an entertaining movie with good dialogue and acting, TPM's doesn't, really.

It's passable because it's been so long since we've had a movie of the sort, and also because ANH itself was good. No doubt the actual script was better and felt more like Star Wars than TPM, but I definitely felt they were playing it way too safe. Maybe that's fair given the reception of the Prequels.

That being said, the rip-off spread to Snoke and Starkiller Base, which is a significant mark against the movie in my opinion. Palpatine in TPM was a significantly superior villain to Snoke, and there's nothing really comparable to Starkiller Base (but then again, they weren't going for a shallow Death Star in TPM). I also think that the glossing over of the destruction of the New Republic capital compounds my problems with Starkiller Base.

Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by Geistalt
Yeah; the Boonta race was garbage.

Nah, that was fine.

Zenwolf

Also enjoyed the uniqueness of the Gungans tbh, didn't use blasters or vehicles, but their own technology that they made and beasts.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:23 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Not using blasters or vehicles? The Ewoks? Apart from hijacking an AT-AT (which was really Chewie) they didn't do it either.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:24 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah but the gungans had actual unique technology as opposed to the ewoks using sticks and rocks.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Fair enough on the new technology, but not using blasters and vehicles is nothing unique.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:27 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by SunRazer
Not using blasters or vehicles? The Ewoks? Apart from hijacking an AT-AT (which was really Chewie) they didn't do it either.

Well as DMB said, the Gungans had unique technology, Ewoks did not, plus at least 1 Ewok did grab himself a blaster.

Edit: Didn't say not using blasters or vehicles was unique.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:28 AM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well as DMB said, the Gungans had unique technology, Ewoks did not, plus at least 1 Ewok did grab himself a blaster.
You DARE assume the Ewok's gendur?!

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 01:35 AM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Geistalt
You DARE assume the Ewok's gendur?!

It was Flitchee, he was a male Ewok.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 02:00 AM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Was Rogue One really better than Kylo Ren's constant fvck-ups and temper tantrum(s)?

And all the Bond Villain Stupidity?

If so, I regret having voted for TFA.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 02:03 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yeah. R1 had infinitely better villains. Vader shits on Kylo in every sense of the word, and the same can be said of Krennic & Hux and Tarkin & Snoke respectively.

Personally, I also enjoyed the protagonists a bit more. Then there's everything else. Better humour, better atmosphere, better dialogue, better ending; R1 did everything better, really. And of course the Death Star >>> Starkiller Base.

Although that alien torture thing in R1 was a bit weird and felt like an afterthought.

Last edited by SunRazer on Apr 24th, 2017 at 02:08 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 02:05 AM