KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Best Anime of 2016

Best Anime of 2016
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Best Anime of 2016

The Top 20 Best Anime of 2016, based on their scores on MyAnimeList.

https://myanimelist.net/featured/20...t_Anime_of_2016

20: Ajin 2nd Season

19: Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season (Snow White with the Red Hair 2)

18: Magi: Sinbad no Bouken (TV)

17: Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

16: ReLIFE

15: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season

14: Hibike! Euphonium 2 (Sound! Euphonium 2)

13: Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia)

12: Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season

11: Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars! The Second Plate)

10: Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.)

9: Mob Psycho 100

8: Yuri!!! on Ice

7: Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (Showa and Genroku Era Lover's Suicide Through Rakugo)

6: Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu (Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-)

5: Boku dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED)

4: Natsume Yuujinchou Go (Natsume's Book of Friends Season 5)

3: JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable)

2: Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season (Assassination Classroom Second Season)

1: Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou (Haikyu!! 3rd Season)

Not a bad list, I think. Six of them I saw and enjoyed, one I still have to finish and one is on my to-be-watched list. Most of the ones I haven't seen are just not my taste.

Based on my preferences, I would have liked to see Gate Season Two, Drifters and All Out!! make this list as well.

Any of your 2016 favourites not on the list?

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 08:30 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Seen some of those here and there, though out of them, been watching Ajin S2 on a daily basis more recently. Great show.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 05:41 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

One Punch Man
DragonBall Super

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 05:50 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Seen some of those here and there, though out of them, been watching Ajin S2 on a daily basis more recently. Great show.

I just got the first season to check out. Looking forward to it!

@carver9

For some reason I never got into One Punch Man. Only watched one episode, though, so maybe I'll give it another try some time. As for Dragonball - after I watched Hunter X Hunter and Fairy Tail I just never felt like getting into another anime with hundreds of episodes again.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 06:38 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Dreampanther
I just got the first season to check out. Looking forward to it!

@carver9

For some reason I never got into One Punch Man. Only watched one episode, though, so maybe I'll give it another try some time. As for Dragonball - after I watched Hunter X Hunter and Fairy Tail I just never felt like getting into another anime with hundreds of episodes again.

First 3 eps are slow-ish. Picks up at ep 4, stick with it, you won't regret it.

OPM was 2015 tho.

Surprised Konosubarashi isn't there. Funny anime. Re: Zero is good if you're willing to overlook the overacting characters.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 09:35 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by carver9
One Punch Man
DragonBall Super
These are both 2015 anime.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 09:41 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Both leaked over into 2016 though.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 10:05 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

One Punch Man
DragonBall Super

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2017 12:56 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Re: Best Anime of 2016

Originally posted by Dreampanther

Netflix stahp. You're making him look like the main character. DX

Old Post Jan 7th, 2017 05:34 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Re: Best Anime of 2016

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season (Snow White with the Red Hair 2)

17: Durarara!!x2 Ketsu

15: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season

13: Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia)

11: Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara (Food Wars! The Second Plate)

4: Natsume Yuujinchou Go (Natsume's Book of Friends Season 5)

1: Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou (Haikyu!! 3rd Season)

These are the series I'm currently following, maybe except for Durarara, still stuck with one of previous prequels. The majority of anime on the list I have known about, but these are the one I watched for 2016. Sinbad series is meh for me, I rather wait for Magi s3 to come out. Natsume probably a series I'll watch forever, its nice and calming environment. Food Wars suffer a little this s2 and I just recently finished Snow White anime, going to start the 2nd season soon, same with s2 Gundam down the line.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2017 11:35 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Magi s3 probably won't come out if Sinbad is continuing to do well. His story is more traditional Shonen stuff and it centers on the most popular character in Magi.

But hey if it makes you feel better Sinbad could beat all these guys in a fight with more ease than Saitama.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 12:12 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Its not that I dislike it, it feels predictable. Since, I'm also following the main series manga XD

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 01:42 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

To be fair a new season of Sinbad would get to focus on the really meaty parts that make the manga go from good to great. Sinbad becoming a slave and his failure to conquer Zepar are immensely important since, at least as far as the first anime goes, he basically is an utterly unstoppable badass bordering on Mary Sue.

But I agree. I really want to see Alma Toran and Hakuryuu's actions get adapted as well.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 02:26 AM
cdtm

One Punch Man
DragonBall Super
Seven Deadly Sins

Using Carv logic of "leaked dates". smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 03:02 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Yuri on Ice is awesome!

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 8th, 2017 04:32 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote