KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » MCU Captain America vs MCU Loki

MCU Captain America vs MCU Loki
Started by: nfactor1995

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruhMan
World Champion

Iron man is a class 100. Even keeping it to just the movies, he's taken tank shells and falls from terminal velocity with no damage. He threw down with Thor in a physical fight. Even tho he lost, Iron man's armor came out of that altercation looking VERY good.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 11:36 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

And it's very safe to assume that Rhodes didn't lie about lifting and carrying a tank.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2017 11:44 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Iron man is a class 100. Even keeping it to just the movies, he's taken tank shells and falls from terminal velocity with no damage. He threw down with Thor in a physical fight. Even tho he lost, Iron man's armor came out of that altercation looking VERY good.

Iron Man was upgraded temporarily by Thor's lightning but I don't think it matters that much I think he could hold his own regardless. Anyway it really doesn't matter in the movies and in comics highly skilled characters can sometimes defeats or do well against much stronger and durable opponents. The fact of matter is that in the movie Iron Man had to use countermeasures, I didn't write the movie they did if Iron Man beat the hell out of Cap i wouldn't be making this argument my opinion is based on what happened, you're just ignoring what happened. Cap also did well against Ultron.

Furthermore even from a realistic point of view Cap should be able to damage Iron Man. A baseball player can hit a ball at 98 mph, now imagine somebody with Caps stats martial art training and the fact he's using an indestructible object. He should be able to rip through the side of tank and I suspect easily to. I've seen Cap slice through the top of tank by throwing his shield, somebody who can do that he is wailing on Iron Man would be able to do serious damage to Iron Man.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 05:24 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

What part exactly am I ignoring? Iron man was beating the hell out of Cap tho hence the " I can do this all day line" Iron man just threw him aside again after that because he was blinded by anger. The only thing being ignored imo is the fact that as good as Cap looked it WAS still a 2 on 1 fight that Cap can't take full credit for.

Also Iron man was fighting Thor before the lightning, kicked him through a tree and took some damage before that, not to mention lightning can explain the extra damage output but the durability all falls on Tony's engineering.

Last edited by BruhMan on Jan 13th, 2017 at 07:31 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 07:28 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

What part exactly am I ignoring? Iron man was beating the hell out of Cap tho hence the " I can do this all day line" Iron man just threw him aside again after that because he was blinded by anger. The only thing being ignored imo is the fact that as good as Cap looked it WAS still a 2 on 1 fight that Cap can't take full credit for.

You're ignoring everything. He may have been beating him up but as I've stated before he was fighting Iron Man 1 on 1 twice and was doing well and had to use countermeasures to beat him, what part of that do you not understand? If you have somebody who is fighting 2 people but one of his opponents goes out of the picture it's not 2 on 1 anymore it's 1 on 1 and Bukcy didn't do any serious damage to Iron Man that gave Cap an advantage. Pepper Potts even told Iron Man that he couldn't beat him h2h. When Iron Man blew off Buckys arm Cap got really serious because Iron Man was probably about to kill him, the fact that Iron Man was beating him at one point just means Cap can't win all the time.

Also Iron man was fighting Thor before the lightning, kicked him through a tree and took some damage before that, not to mention lightning can explain the extra damage output but the durability all falls on Tony's engineering.

Whatever, anyway cap was doing well against Ultron, you're ignoring that as well.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 04:09 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Well bucky was only the one who compromised Tony's arc reactor so Cap could get the shield thru it. You're welcome cap. He also broke one of Tony's repulsors. You can try and paint is as Cap vs Tony only if you want but Tony never wanted to deal mortal damage to Cap, he was focused on Bucky. That already is an advantage for Cap who had help from a friend who WAS getting in damage of his own.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 06:04 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Well bucky was only the one who compromised Tony's arc reactor so Cap could get the shield thru it. You're welcome cap. He also broke one of Tony's repulsors. You can try and paint is as Cap vs Tony only if you want but Tony never wanted to deal mortal damage to Cap, he was focused on Bucky. That already is an advantage for Cap who had help from a friend who WAS getting in damage of his own.

This. Not sure y goober is convinced cap beat him solo.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 05:08 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Well bucky was only the one who compromised Tony's arc reactor so Cap could get the shield thru it. You're welcome cap.

Irrelevant when Tony had to break out the countermeasures Cap was hitting him in the head not the chest.

He also broke one of Tony's repulsors.

Don't remember that happening in fact I remember Cap destroying one of Tony's boosters in his foot. Even if you can prove that you still lose the argument. All you can argue is that Tony might be able to beat him with repiulsors, still doesn't change the fact that Cap was creaming him in h2h. Since this is Cap vs Loki h2h it doesn't matter if Bucky destroyed one of the repulsors.

You can try and paint is as Cap vs Tony only if you want but Tony never wanted to deal mortal damage to Cap, he was focused on Bucky.

You haven't proven that IM can easily beat Cap if he was. Ultron was trying to kill Cap and he still did well.

That already is an advantage for Cap who had help from a friend who WAS getting in damage of his own.

When did this happen?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:18 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

Um bucky???? You really may need to watch the movie again if you can't remember him breaking one of Tony's repulsors. Tony analyzing cap's fight pattern is totally fair and within his repertoire. Not only that, there was NO evidence that was a prepared countermeasure. They made it look as if the armor analyzed Cap's fighting style totally on the fly. And even still, Tony clearly held back as steve was getting demolished by a fraction of the punches he gave to Tony, and Tony stopped. If he chose NOT to stop, he would have killed Captain America.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 09:00 PM
Deadline

Um bucky???? You really may need to watch the movie again if you can't remember him breaking one of Tony's repulsors.

Maybe he did but I shouldn't have to watch the movie again, prove it. Anyway as I stated before it doesn't matter this doesn't prove that he can beat Cap in h2h. This is a h2h thread.

Tony analyzing cap's fight pattern is totally fair and within his repertoire. Not only that, there was NO evidence that was a prepared countermeasure. They made it look as if the armor analyzed Cap's fighting style totally on the fly.

That's you making assumptions every countermeausre I've seen was made beforehand like Batman's for example. Why would you assume that it's made on the fly when Tony knows he's going to fight Cap in h2h already? Furthermore the movie is based on the comic where Tony did the same thing and he prepared the countermeasures beforehand. Also he didn't use h2h in the countermeasures he was using mini shotguns, that doesn't prove that Tony can beat him in h2h.

And even still, Tony clearly held back as steve was getting demolished by a fraction of the punches he gave to Tony, and Tony stopped. If he chose NOT to stop, he would have killed Captain America.

Stop making assumptions you don't know that Tony held back that much, sure he stopped but that's it. All that proves is that it's possible for Tony to beat him in h2h, doesnt mean Tony gets a 10/10. To be quite honest I don't have a problem with Tony being able to win in that specific scenerio but it's not even impossible that Cap could have turned it around I've seen people coming back from beatings. He did say he could do this all day which I think is an exaggeration but maybe he wasn't that badly hurt, but it's not an unreasonable position to take that Tony would have won if he hadn't stopped, in fact I think that's the most probable out come.

You're still ignoring.

1. Ultron > Iron Man and Ca\p was doing well against him and Ultron wasn't holding back.
2. Pepper Potts stated that Tony couodn't take him in h2h AND Cap was creaming in h2h. What part of Pepper potts stating that Tony couldn't take him in h2h do you not understand?

Last edited by Deadline on Jan 21st, 2017 at 04:45 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 04:38 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

I never said Iron man wins 10 times out of 10 against Cap. If you're saying the fight pattern thing was a countermeasure then there MUST be a scene to back that up. We both know the mcu has made many changes from the comic civil war so that's kind of a moot point. Tony "couldn't handle" Cap in h2h UNTIL he analyzed Cap's fight pattern in the middle of the fight. What's to stop Tony from doing that every single time? Like I said from the beginning, Tony's emotional state was a huge handicap for him and back to the point you keep dodging, he was trying to kill Bucky NOT Cap.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2017 07:55 AM