KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman vs thor

Aquaman vs thor
Started by: mighty adam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EcstaticGrace

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Thor has magical lightning storms, wind storms, flight, teleportation and several other tools that Aquaman has no answer for. I'm hoping that you aren't trying to make Aquaman out to be a speedster like the Flash or Quicksilver because he really isn't. His speed isn't anything that Thor would be unable to react to either. Most people realize that Arthur is pretty powerful, but he isn't in Thor's weight class.

I agree Arthur isn't in Thor's physical weight class alot of characters aren't in regards to showings for it.

But he does have a speed edge. Pre-Flashpoint he was stated by narration to have lightning fast movement, Post-Flashpoint he's atleast hypersonic by his own feats and scaling feats make him come off all the more better. He's not a speedster but he does have quick movement speed.

Magical Lightning doesn't help against a trident that can absorb Energy attacks. On top of this Aquaman does have the ability to harm Thor with the trident. It's just if he gets the chance to is the question.

Thor Odinson has a strength, durability, and versatility edge.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:07 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
I agree Arthur isn't in Thor's physical weight class alot of characters aren't in regards to showings for it.

But he does have a speed edge. Pre-Flashpoint he was stated by narration to have lightning fast movement, Post-Flashpoint he's atleast hypersonic by his own feats and scaling feats make him come off all the more better. He's not a speedster but he does have quick movement speed.

Magical Lightning doesn't help against a trident that can absorb Energy attacks. On top of this Aquaman does have the ability to harm Thor with the trident. It's just if he gets the chance to is the question.

Thor Odinson has a strength, durability, and versatility edge.

And speed.
And power.
And damage soak.

This is a mismatch.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:26 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
And speed.
And power.
And damage soak.

This is a mismatch.

Damage soak is Durability, Power is pretty much Versatility.
So I pretty much stated this already.

Thor being faster than Aquaman in regards to speed is laughable though. Maybe in regards to travel speed. But Thor is consistently slow in regards to combat. There's a reason he's referred to as Slowdinson. He struggles against tagging Wolverine, Spiderman and Quicksilver and has to resort to AOE in order to tag them. Aquaman has blitzed Diana, Orm, Outsped hypersonic aircrafts and had time to move around and spy before their arrival, he's consistently dodged lightning Pre-Flashpoint as well as by narration suggested as having lightning fast movement. His perception allowed him to a Wally clone which was invisible to the human eye.

Thor consistently holds back against mortals which has had him go panels with characters like The Thing, Wonderman, Black Bolt and Namor. Which if that happens here would be bad considering Aquaman does have a weapon that can harm Thor.

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Jan 14th, 2017 at 06:35 AM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:32 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Thor being faster than Aquaman in regards to speed is laughable though. Maybe in regards to travel speed. But Thor is consistently slow in regards to combat. There's a reason he's referred to as Slowdinson. He struggles against tagging Wolverine, Spiderman and Quicksilver and has to resort to AOE in order to tag them. Aquaman has blitzed Diana, Orm, Outsped hypersonic aircrafts and had time to move around and spy before their arrival, he's consistently dodged lightning Pre-Flashpoint as well as by narration suggested as having lightning fast movement. His perception allowed him to a Wally clone which was invisible to the human eye.

Thor consistently holds back against mortals which has had him go panels with characters like The Thing, Wonderman, Black Bolt and Namor. Which if that happens here would be bad considering Aquaman does have a weapon that can harm Thor.

There may be a speed advantage that Arthur has, but it wouldn't be enough to offset the huge advantages that Thor has over him. He would literally need to be in the neighborhood of a Flash type character to pull off the win, and we both know that he isn't. Lightning is one thing, but what about wind storms capable of reducing Arthur's underwater trench feat down to the bush leagues. Thor can rip entire planets apart with his storms. I'm in definite agreement that Arthur could put some damage on Thor, but it wouldn't be nearly enough. On the whole, this would be Thor's fight to lose, as he would never need to get into it with Arthur on a physical level. Which is not to say that he wouldn't dunk him if they happened to go at it H2H. What is Thor's ranking in terms of being in the top tier? Like 2nd or 3rd after Superman?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:13 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Stoic
There may be a speed advantage that Arthur has, but it wouldn't be enough to offset the huge advantages that Thor has over him. He would literally need to be in the neighborhood of a Flash type character to pull off the win, and we both know that he isn't. Lightning is one thing, but what about wind storms capable of reducing Arthur's underwater trench feat down to the bush leagues. Thor can rip entire planets apart with his storms. I'm in definite agreement that Arthur could put some damage on Thor, but it wouldn't be nearly enough. On the whole, this would be Thor's fight to lose, as he would never need to get into it with Arthur on a physical level. Which is not to say that he wouldn't dunk him if they happened to go at it H2H. What is Thor's ranking in terms of being in the top tier? Like 2nd or 3rd after Superman?

Completely agree with this analysis. It's all on how Thor fights, personally I think Aquaman can get some wins in though because Thor has a pretty consistent track record of going into a fight brawling rather then using his versatility in ways that would provide him the quick win most of the time. Top that off with his constant holding back against mortals, and the fact Aquaman has a slide speed edge and a powerful stabbing weapon he could pull off a win or 2. But of course this is assuming Thor ignores his obvious advantages.

I think it depends on what you define your ranking on top tier. Power Outage I'd argue Thor is above Superman. In regards to physicals I'd argue Superman is above Thor. Their in the same ballpark in my opinion though.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:22 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor wins. It's a pretty conclusive beat down.

And Aquaman is at a huge speed disadvantage against Thor with Mjolnir, especially Jane Thor. She can use Mjolnir to bombard him separately or blitz the shit out of him while in flight.

Trying to bring up speed when even this new Thor was fighting across planetary distances with every punch thrown is a mistake imo unless it's a true speedster like Flash or Quicksilver.

Even grounded, without Mjolnir, Jane Thor has already racked up enough feats to match anything I've seen from Aquaman and far surpass it if we extrapolate from her fights.

She doesn't even need Mjolnir to fly (or produce lightning). With that in mind he's at a huge speed and tactical disadvantage. Reflexes are easily on par so it comes down to who can move faster in combat.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 14th, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 11:54 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Damage soak is related to durability, but they're technically not the same. Both have such powerful weapons that I think durability takes a backseat to damage soak here. Who's gonna take more of a licking, but still perform at a high level?

Same goes for power and versatility. Who's more versatile, Iron Man or Hulk? Now who's more powerful between the two?

Are you sure about his combat speed? You seem quite confident in your claim. If Thor is consistently slow, are you saying that showings of him described as being slow outweigh his showings described as being fast?
Do you think AQ has him beat in speed showings? What are AQ's best speed showings?

But back on topic. This is New 52 Aquaman vs Jane Thor. There is nothing in AQ's history that puts him solidly above Jane Thor in speed. Mjolnir alone gives Thor the speed edge here.

Btw kudos on "Slowdinson". thumb up
That pretty funny.
stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 03:30 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Damage soak is related to durability, but they're technically not the same. Both have such powerful weapons that I think durability takes a backseat to damage soak here. Who's gonna take more of a licking, but still perform at a high level?

Same goes for power and versatility. Who's more versatile, Iron Man or Hulk? Now who's more powerful between the two?

Are you sure about his combat speed? You seem quite confident in your claim. If Thor is consistently slow, are you saying that showings of him described as being slow outweigh his showings described as being fast?
Do you think AQ has him beat in speed showings? What are AQ's best speed showings?

But back on topic. This is New 52 Aquaman vs Jane Thor. There is nothing in AQ's history that puts him solidly above Jane Thor in speed. Mjolnir alone gives Thor the speed edge here.

That pretty funny.
stick out tongue

thumb up

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 04:23 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

That pretty funny.
stick out tongue

I think it overall depends on what versatility entails, but yeah whoever has more destructive power should be overall more powerful and I agree Thor has more destructive power than Aquaman. Doesn't mean the latter can't harm the prior.

AQ, has dodging repetitive lightning, being stated as having lightning fast reflexes. In his continuity.

New52 strictly he has blitzing Diana,tagging an aerial Hawkman, out-processing a hypersonic craft

Mljonir provides a travel speed edge, which doesnt result to much unless the character goes for a blitz.

Mljonir doesn't give Jane faster reaction speed, Mljonir doesn't make her/him strike faster, Mljonir helps with moving to point a to b and that's pretty much it.

If we look at just strictly Jane I could probably bring up stuff close in strength, and durability.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 04:49 PM
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins. It's a pretty conclusive beat down.

And Aquaman is at a huge speed disadvantage against Thor with Mjolnir, especially Jane Thor. She can use Mjolnir to bombard him separately or blitz the shit out of him while in flight.

Trying to bring up speed when even this new Thor was fighting across planetary distances with every punch thrown is a mistake imo unless it's a true speedster like Flash or Quicksilver.

Even grounded, without Mjolnir, Jane Thor has already racked up enough feats to match anything I've seen from Aquaman and far surpass it if we extrapolate from her fights.

She doesn't even need Mjolnir to fly (or produce lightning). With that in mind he's at a huge speed and tactical disadvantage. Reflexes are easily on par so it comes down to who can move faster in combat.

None of what you brought up is even combat speed orientated. It's moving from point a to b.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 04:50 PM
DarkSaint85

Mjolnir flies independently of Jane, though.....its sentient, and can change course etc, once she hurls it.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 05:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Jane easily

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:05 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mjolnir flies independently of Jane, though.....its sentient, and can change course etc, once she hurls it.

Forgot about Aaron making Mljonir laugh and fight and whatnot..

Does Mljonir even start at said speeds though, or does it build up velocity in order to travel at said speed. How often is Mljonir even used like that.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:10 PM
krisblaze

Forgot about Aaron making Mljonir laugh and fight and whatnot..

Does Mljonir even start at said speeds though, or does it build up velocity in order to travel at said speed. How often is Mljonir even used like that.

Slowdinson often had Mjolnir move mid-flight.

You can't have it both ways.

Either Thor is navivating at great speeds directing the hammer, or the hammer is capable of navigating on its own.

Either way a high-speed barrage from the hammer is a possibility.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:18 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by krisblaze
Slowdinson often had Mjolnir move mid-flight.

You can't have it both ways.

Either Thor is navivating at great speeds directing the hammer, or the hammer is capable of navigating on its own.

Either way a high-speed barrage from the hammer is a possibility.

It's simple a planes speed doesn't start at Mach3 it takes time for it to build up that velocity. Darkseid's Omega Beams don't approach Flash speed when fired it takes time.

My question is Mljonir building a velocity or instantly just that fast.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:28 PM
carver9

I think it overall depends on what versatility entails, but yeah whoever has more destructive power should be overall more powerful and I agree Thor has more destructive power than Aquaman. Doesn't mean the latter can't harm the prior.

AQ, has dodging repetitive lightning, being stated as having lightning fast reflexes. In his continuity.

New52 strictly he has blitzing Diana,tagging an aerial Hawkman, out-processing a hypersonic craft

Mljonir provides a travel speed edge, which doesnt result to much unless the character goes for a blitz.

Mljonir doesn't give Jane faster reaction speed, Mljonir doesn't make her/him strike faster, Mljonir helps with moving to point a to b and that's pretty much it.

If we look at just strictly Jane I could probably bring up stuff close in strength, and durability.

http://www.readcomics.tv/the-mighty...chapter-10/full

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:40 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

It's simple a planes speed doesn't start at Mach3 it takes time for it to build up that velocity. Darkseid's Omega Beams don't approach Flash speed when fired it takes time.

My question is Mljonir building a velocity or instantly just that fast.

Ah.

It varies, but it's usually instantly AFTER it's been thrown.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 06:42 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Thor. Aquaman is very tough, often underrated tough, but not Thor tough.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:10 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Hm.

Jane 7/10. She is stronger and more durable , while Aquaman is faster + telepathy. Mjolnir overall gives more options than the Trident, too.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:16 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Damn... didn't know she could just leave it and go and do other things.. really makes the trident come off sad in comparison..

Could end up being a 2 vs 1 just because of that..

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 07:32 PM