KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gladiator VS Flashes(barry/wally) VS silver surfer VS thor.

Gladiator VS Flashes(barry/wally) VS silver surfer VS thor.
Started by: ghostman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

(please log in to view the image)

As his body sloughs off the after effect of "near light travel".

This was said AFTER bringing up carrying people. It states his body sloughs from NEAR LIGHT SPEED TRAVEL. He traveled near light speed. He never went over light.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 02:37 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Hahahaaha.

Please reread it.

Read my argument again

Then come back.

Stop, before your reply.

Think about it.

Think about it again.

Now can you see what is useless about your scan?

Hint: When Flash makes his last trip, it will be whilst carrying a little Korean granny

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 02:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Did it say he was going under light speed? Yes or no? If yes, please post the relevant scan. Those exact words, please.

Flash was GOING UNDER THE SPEED OF LIGHT. Without any omissions, please.

It's very clear. They were carried there, sometimes one, sometimes two, at a hair breadths under the speed of light.

It's also VERY clear how long the entire evacuation took, and how many people were evacuated. Can't get any clearer than that.

Yes...it tells us he traveled under the speed of light. What else do you need?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 02:40 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

please you guys... can we just throw that feat out, for the sake of the thread? flash im sure has some other crazy shit hes done use that. pls rank based on feats or what you feel is the correct order.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 02:41 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Hahahaaha.

Please reread it.

Read my argument again

Then come back.

Stop, before your reply.

Think about it.

Think about it again.

Now can you see what is useless about your scan?

Hint: When Flash makes his last trip, it will be whilst carrying a little Korean granny

"As his body sloughs off the after effect of "near light travel".

His body is aching due to traveling near light speed. This is cut and dry. He traveled that entire scene and he was going under light, close but under it and his body is aching from it. Argue with the writer, not me.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 02:42 PM
carver9

Originally posted by ghostman
please you guys... can we just throw that feat out, for the sake of the thread? flash im sure has some other crazy shit hes done use that. pls rank based on feats or what you feel is the correct order.

Will do buddy.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 02:43 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
"As his body sloughs off the after effect of "near light travel".

His body is aching due to traveling near light speed. This is cut and dry. He traveled that entire scene and he was going under light, close but under it and his body is aching from it. Argue with the writer, not me.

Nowhere does it say he travelled that entire scene under light speed, sorry. You're making stuff up as usual. That sentence of yours 'the entire scene' is NOT cut and dry. It's not even mentioned.

I am arguing with you, because you're twisting the feat as per usual. The writer was clear, and you're the one making things up.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 02:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Nowhere does it say he travelled that entire scene under light speed, sorry. You're making stuff up as usual. That sentence of yours 'the entire scene' is NOT cut and dry. It's not even mentioned.

I am arguing with you, because you're twisting the feat as per usual. The writer was clear, and you're the one making things up.

As his body sloughs off the after effect of "near light travel". You can win this argument for now since the thread starter doesn't want this topic in his thread.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 02:58 PM
ghostman

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 03:02 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

As his body sloughs off the after effect of "near light travel". You can win this argument for now since the thread starter doesn't want this topic in his thread.

thumb up After carrying them under light speed, yup, agreed thumb up

Luckily he ran much much faster than light to pick them up, as per the distance and time as given by the writer.

Thanks, glad we agree and that you capitulate and acknowledge me once more educating you in comics. Again.

Let's move on.

So, as YOU were the one who brought it up, what other quantifiable feats make you think Glads is #1? Quantifiable means there's a specific quantity, btw, just so you know.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 03:05 PM
carver9

thumb up After carrying them under light speed, yup, agreed thumb up

Luckily he ran much much faster than light to pick them up, as per the distance and time as given by the writer.

Thanks, glad we agree and that you capitulate and acknowledge me once more educating you in comics. Again.

Let's move on.

So, as YOU were the one who brought it up, what other quantifiable feats make you think Glads is #1? Quantifiable means there's a specific quantity, btw, just so you know.

that was never said during the sentence I quoted. Sorry.

When the Flashes can cross 200 light yrs in minutes and traverse Galaxies in the blink of an eye, we can talk but until then, their ranking remains the same. I'm sure you have enough time to quote others in this thread?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 03:23 PM
DarkSaint85

So nothing actually quantifiable? You can just admit it,if you want. No shame in that.

If you don't have a time component, basic physics shows that you can't give a speed.

Children grow up, in the blink of an eye, and all that. Using idioms and metaphors seems to be your forte. Do they punch things into dust, like Onslaught's armour?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 03:38 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I remember when it was stated that light speed was the "top possible speed" that one could achieve in Marvel:

...You don't see me trying to cap every being in Marvel at c, though. smile

Anywho,
Wally wins, with Barry on his heels.... Then everyone else. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 03:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

So nothing actually quantifiable? You can just admit it,if you want. No shame in that.

If you don't have a time component, basic physics shows that you can't give a speed.

Children grow up, in the blink of an eye, and all that. Using idioms and metaphors seems to be your forte. Do they punch things into dust, like Onslaught's armour?

So Gladiator didn't move faster than Hemidall could blink? This was said but we are going to deny it?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 04:19 PM
DarkSaint85

Well, as Galan has pointed out, Marvel's top speed is light speed.

See, I too can focus on one sentence, and ignore the rest!

Can't get any clearer than that.

Besides....its an idiom, lol I wonder if it said he punched him into candies, would you focus on that.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 04:22 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
I remember when it was stated that light speed was the "top possible speed" that one could achieve in Marvel:

Anywho,

So with this scan, it tells me that he went at the speed of light. If I were to deny this and say he went 18 times the speed of light even though the scan tells us he went at light speed, I would be wrong. If anyone came in here and said, Carver, as stated in the scan, he only achieved light speed, I don't have a choice but to agree. Nice scan though.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 04:22 PM
carver9

Well, as Galan has pointed out, Marvel's top speed is light speed.

See, I too can focus on one sentence, and ignore the rest!

Can't get any clearer than that.

Besides....its an idiom, lol I wonder if it said he punched him into candies, would you focus on that.

With that author, yes. If Surfer and his grandma was in there racing and he evacuated an entire city in less than a microsecond in this same book, I would say the same thing I'm saying for Flash, he didn't go over the speed of light to achieve said showing.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 04:24 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Galan007

Anywho,

thumb up

On a side note, what a waste of time and intellect to debate with idiots like Carver, no offense budy, but you are mentally inadequate.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 04:30 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I thought you were dropping it?

Regardless, I didn't know idioms were actual measures of speed.

Children grow up in the blink of an eye. What if they grew up at the drop of a hat?

You're using idioms aa actual measures of speed, lol. Soon, this practice will spread like wildfire - care to quantify that? What if you did it in two shakes of a lamb's tail? Are you going to measure how quickly greased lightning is? As long as you don't do it at a snails pace...because then, you'd have to literally measure a snail, lol.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 04:31 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So with this scan, it tells me that he went at the speed of light. If I were to deny this and say he went 18 times the speed of light even though the scan tells us he went at light speed, I would be wrong. If anyone came in here and said, Carver, as stated in the scan, he only achieved light speed, I don't have a choice but to agree. Nice scan though.
You have a massive comprehension problem, evidently.

The scan, with NO ambiguity whatsoever, states Makk's PEAK SPEED was light speed. Moreover, the scan, with NO ambiguity whatsoever, states that light speed is the "TOP POSSIBLE SPEED" in Marvel. If you tried to say that anything else was shown or implied in that comic, you'd be wrong... Or just a liar.

The Flash scene in question, however, IS quite ambiguous as to whether or not he was moving above or below light speed(which is why you and DS are debating it so vehemently.)

My point is that one scene/showing certainly isn't the end-all/be-all for ANY character -- and Flash is no exception(he's got better feats anyway.) smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 04:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote