KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ben Kenobi >> Darth Vader?

Ben Kenobi >> Darth Vader?
Started by: Azronger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Petrus
So Maul was 'valiant' and is 'not to be mocked' because you say so, right? While Vader gets to be trashed, is pathetic and is a failure also because you say so. Okay, sure. I see how this works.
These are different circumstances. Maul didn't choose to fight Sidious who was better than him. He defended himself. Vader decided to fight Kenobi who defended himself. Kenobi wasn't as skilled yet he still prevailed. Note the differences you moron.

quote:

ROFLMAO. That was a very good cheap shot. Well done. thumb up

That logic is just absolutely terrible. [/B]
In debating we explain why it is. We don't make vague inflammatory statements and not give your reasons.

quote:

Vader survived 3rd degree burns throughout all of his body, losing all of his limbs and being basically destroyed by burning lava. He rose to power afterwards and became one of the galaxy's most feared individuals. Two can play this game.

[/B]
Vader was rescued by Palpatine and given a suit which prolonged his pitiful and miserable existence by decades. He was a high ranking official in the empire in a time the Jedi were decimated and were forced to go into hiding. He didn't amass any power on his own it was all given to him at his feet thanks to the guy who completely manipulated him into being his man slave for decades.

quote:

Kenobi was not a wreck, he was feeding off his rage, just like Anakin did against the poor Sand People. Not a comparable situation. An emotionally stable and mentally balanced Anakin would've tooled Kenobi, and we all know it, not just us "Vader fanboys". You denying it doesn't change shit. Why don't you go check Gillard's tiers, hm? [/B]
Yes, it is comparable because both were experiencing rage due to their emotions. Saying would have isn't the same thing as what actually happened. We see a composed Vader meet up later with Kenobi and he held no advantage prior to Kenobi to give up fighting. Just because Anakin can't handle fear very well and Kenobi can and has that doesn't make it an excuse for one and not another. This demonstrates how mentally weak Anakin was throughout his entire lifetime. We see it again and again. Attack of the clones against Dooku. Against Kenobi, etc.

quote:

Again, you're completely ignoring the context and also blatantly ignoring the fact that Anakin pushed him back basically the whole fight. erm

The passes you give Maul and the double standards need to stop. [/B]
He pushed him back but ultimately lost the fight. Who cares if he pushed him back but was ineffective at disarming or injuring Kenobi. You're a stupid person. I don't care if Kenobi masturbates while running away. He won the fight.

Maul has been given no passes and unlike Vader he has disarmed Kenobi as well as force push him away in defeat. He also unbalanced him with anger something that occurred to crybaby Anakin.

He cried while he burned. He's a *****. He will always be a *****. Like the peso.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 07:57 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

It is confirmed. Quan hates Vader as much as he hates Superman and for that reason will never rank him accurately.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 08:01 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by playa1258
It is confirmed. Quan hates Vader as much as he hates Superman and for that reason will never rank him accurately.
I am one of the few who ranks him accurately. Vader is weak. These are all facts that detail a history of emotional fragility. He was a man child who was rescued by Palpatine and dominated due to the position in a galactic empire with all the power in the galaxy. In the end despite his age and Yoda's hesitancy to complete his training he defeated Vader handily. Vader greatly benefited in this era. He was maimed in the Pt era on more than one occasion. He's a loser.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 08:06 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
These are different circumstances. Maul didn't choose to fight Sidious who was better than him. He defended himself. Vader decided to fight Kenobi who defended himself. Kenobi wasn't as skilled yet he still prevailed.

You just admitted Kenobi wasn't as skilled. /argument

quote:
Note the differences you moron.

#Triggered.

I really get on your nerves, don't I?

quote:
In debating we explain why it is. We don't make vague inflammatory statements and not give your reasons.

Because what you're saying has absolutely nothing to do with Vader, lol. You point out Vader's failures, I pointed out Maul's. Or are you denying Maul has had serious failures throughout his life?

quote:
Vader was rescued by Palpatine and given a suit which prolonged his pitiful and miserable existence by decades.

And Maul was rescued by Savage, who took him to Talzin, who cured him of his uselessness and madness. erm

quote:
He was a high ranking official in the empire in a time the Jedi were decimated and were forced to go into hiding.

Yes. What's your point? He would've been made a high ranking official with Jedi around or not.

quote:
He didn't amass any power on his own it was all given to him at his feet thanks to the guy who completely manipulated him into being his man slave for decades.

Oh, you're talking about the same guy that also made Maul his man slave for decades?

And of course he didn't amass anything, the Empire was his master's. Why would he need to? The fact that he needn't amass power of his own isn't proof that he couldn't, should it have been necessary.

quote:
Yes, it is comparable because both were experiencing rage due to their emotions. Saying would have isn't the same thing as what actually happened. We see a composed Vader meet up later with Kenobi and he held no advantage prior to Kenobi to give up fighting. Just because Anakin can't handle fear very well and Kenobi can and has that doesn't make it an excuse for one and not another. This demonstrates how mentally weak Anakin was throughout his entire lifetime. We see it again and again. Attack of the clones against Dooku. Against Kenobi, etc.

The fact that Anakin was 'mentally weak' does not at all mean he was Kenobi's inferior in terms of combative abilities. Look, I don't give a shit that Anakin was more emotionally fragile than Kenobi, what I'm saying is that this affected their duel and the outcome a lot. Are you going to deny that, too?

quote:
He pushed him back but ultimately lost the fight. Who cares if he pushed him back but was ineffective at disarming or injuring Kenobi. You're a stupid person. I don't care if Kenobi masturbates while running away. He won the fight.

Again you're failing to follow your own advice. Con-text. CONTEXT. Context. Got it?

quote:
Maul has been given no passes and unlike Vader he has disarmed Kenobi as well as force push him away in defeat. He also unbalanced him with anger something that occurred to crybaby Anakin.

You're giving Maul all the passes and completely ignoring all his failures.

quote:
He cried while he burned. He's a *****. He will always be a *****. Like the peso.

Yeah, using it twice is kinda unoriginal. Come on, you can find a better way to insult me. Well, try.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Rank he accurately my ass. You just troll Vader fans because he is powerful and popular.

You do the same with Superman.

Luke is also a favorite target of yours. I fully expect you to lowball Luke no matter what he does.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 08:15 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Kenobi>anakin guys:
"His hands seized Obi-Wan's wrists with impossible strength, forcing his arms wide. "I am so sick of your lectures!"

Dark power bore down with his grip.

Obi-Wan felt the bones of his forearms bending, beginning to feather toward the greenstick fractures that would come before the final breaks.

Oh, he thought. Oh, this is bad."

"A roar of the Force blasted Obi-Wan back into a wall, smashing breath from his lungs, leaving him swaying, half stunned. Anakin stepped over bodies and lifted his blade for the kill."

Source: Revenge of the Sith

"Obi knows that Anakin is better than him, but because he taught him, he knows emotionally how he’s going to behave."

Source: http://www.theforce.net/episode3/st..._game_92147.asp

"When I started, I figured that a youngling is a level one. And somebody like Kit Fisto - seven. I did take it to eight and nine, but not many people know that. Eight and nine is cheat. So Obi-Wan is eight. Yoda is nine. Mace is eight, bordering on nine. Anakin is nine."

Source: https://youtu.be/Z2-iZNQrFBA?t=908

As Anakin’s lightsaber hummed toward him, a calm certainty filled Obi-Wan. Anakin was going to kill him. Oh, he’d make Anakin work for it. He’d fight with everything he had. But he was positive, with the sureness that came from any Force-driven insight, that he would die at Anakin’s hands.

Source: Revenge of the Sith Junior Novelization

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You just admitted Kenobi wasn't as skilled. /argument
He isn't but he still won which is actually worse for Vader. We see better teams lose all the time to inferior skilled teams. What matters is how they perform on that given day. Vader lost to someone he should beat but never was able to best skill wise. Yeah, that makes Vader look inept.

quote:

#Triggered.

I really get on your nerves, don't I?[/B]
Nah, I just enjoy mocking someone with the limited intelligence you seem to consistently perpetuate on a daily basis around here.

quote:

Because what you're saying has absolutely nothing to do with Vader, lol. You point out Vader's failures, I pointed out Maul's. Or are you denying Maul has had serious failures throughout his life? [/B]
The difference is Vader's are more egregious. Maul losing to a superior opponent he didn't seek out is to be expected. Vader losing against his master whom he is superior to skill wise is awful. Vader was never the master throughout his life unlike Maul. Maul laid out his own plans which garnered the attention of Vader's master. Vader never became his own man or created his own destiny. It was always at the behest of someone else's tutelage.

quote:

And Maul was rescued by Savage, who took him to Talzin, who cured him of his uselessness and madness. erm
[/B]
Yes, he was insane but he still managed to survive of his own accord despite his injuries unlike Vader. Maul later became the master whereas Vader never achieved this.

quote:

Yes. What's your point? He would've been made a high ranking official with Jedi around or not.
My point is obvious and that he did so with less competition and with the backing of a galactic empire. Much easier to do so in the position he was in.

quote:

Oh, you're talking about the same guy that also made Maul his man slave for decades?

And of course he didn't amass anything, the Empire was his master's. Why would he need to? The fact that he needn't amass power of his own isn't proof that he couldn't, should it have been necessary.
[/B]
Maul eventually became the master and opposed Sidious. In fact due to his own machinations Palpatine considered him a peer. Vader was just someone who served up his own replacement in true cuckold fashion, his son.
laughing out loud

It's much easier to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth than go make your fortune on your own. You're a special kind of moron. Vader held all the advantages.

quote:

The fact that Anakin was 'mentally weak' does not at all mean he was Kenobi's inferior in terms of combative abilities. Look, I don't give a shit that Anakin was more emotionally fragile than Kenobi, what I'm saying is that this affected their duel and the outcome a lot. Are you going to deny that, too?
[/B]
Tough. It's like saying the Warriors lost the finals because someone had a rough week. Man the **** up. Deal with your emotions. Kenobi dealt with tragedy and was better off than Anakin who was arrogant and emotional. You don't get to ignore his weak emotional makeup and only focus on his skill. Vader isn't just a skill set he is a character with emotional baggage. You don't get to dismiss it because you're a fanboy.
quote:

Again you're failing to follow your own advice. Con-text. CONTEXT. Context. Got it?

You're giving Maul all the passes and completely ignoring all his failures.

Yeah, using it twice is kinda unoriginal. Come on, you can find a better way to insult me. Well, try. [/B]
No, I accepted everything that happened. Maul doesn't get passes for overconfidence. What happened happened. He did skill wise show up Kenobi whereas Vader never did. Years later when he wasn't an emotional wreck he didn't best Kenobi through skill either.

You're from a poor country I can treat you just as the United States treats your people; like shit.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 08:43 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by playa1258
Rank he accurately my ass. You just troll Vader fans because he is powerful and popular.

You do the same with Superman.

Luke is also a favorite target of yours. I fully expect you to lowball Luke no matter what he does.
He is powerful and popular. I acknowledge this but you downplay his history, emotional history, and his lifetime of pain and misery.

Luke crushed his dad despite the lack of experience. Quit going off topic I do not care for your petty emotional outbursts. Just like a Vader fan to cry out foul when someone doesn't give their lord their worship. He's overrated and a loser. Facts support my case.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 08:45 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
He isn't but he still won which is actually worse for Vader. We see better teams lose all the time to inferior skilled teams. What matters is how they perform on that given day. Vader lost to someone he should beat but never was able to best skill wise. Yeah, that makes Vader look inept.

I feel like I'm talking to a machine that cannot comprehend the reasons when explained to it. I won't say it again.

quote:
Nah, I just enjoy mocking someone with the limited intelligence you seem to consistently perpetuate on a daily basis around here.

laughing out loud Yeah, I have limited intelligence, Quan. Your mocking hurts. Plz stawp.

quote:
The difference is Vader's are more egregious. Maul losing to a superior opponent he didn't seek out is to be expected. Vader losing against his master whom he is superior to skill wise is awful. Vader was never the master throughout his life unlike Maul. Maul laid out his own plans which garnered the attention of Vader's master. Vader never became his own man or created his own destiny. It was always at the behest of someone else's tutelage.

You fail to see that I do not give a shit about this, and that I do not actually believe Maul is a failure. But your double standards are mind-blowing, in that you see Vader as an absolute failure when Maul clearly has failed in life several times. Hard. Open your eyes to objectivity.

quote:
Yes, he was insane but he still managed to survive of his own accord despite his injuries unlike Vader.

Are you implying Maul would've been able to survive the exact same injuries Vader had after his fight with Kenobi without the help of someone else or without the suit? Nah, even you are not that retarded.

quote:
My point is obvious and that he did so with less competition and with the backing of a galactic empire. Much easier to do so in the position he was in.

Yes. And? That's in no way proof that Vader wouldn't have been able to achieve stuff with more competition in the way.

quote:
Maul eventually became the master and opposed Sidious. In fact due to his own machinations Palpatine considered him a peer. Vader was just someone who served up his own replacement in true cuckold fashion, his son.
laughing out loud

Lmao @ at your belief that Palpatine considering him a 'peer' means something. Had Vader rebelled and acquired power on his own, he would've been his 'peer', too.

The only reason why Maul eventually opposed Sidious was because his time at the side of the Dark Lord was over because a Padawan sliced him in half and he was believed dead. Had this not happened, how do you even ****ing know Maul would've even had the balls to oppose him directly? You don't.

quote:
It's much easier to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth than go make your fortune on your own. You're a special kind of moron. Vader held all the advantages.

Your insults are cute laughing out loud

quote:
Tough. It's like saying the Warriors lost the finals because someone had a rough week. Man the **** up. Deal with your emotions. Kenobi dealt with tragedy and was better off than Anakin who was arrogant and emotional. You don't get to ignore his weak emotional makeup and only focus on his skill. Vader isn't just a skill set he is a character with emotional baggage. You don't get to dismiss it because you're a fanboy.

Can't believe you're actually implying that it's not easy to know if mental and emotional state have an impact on someone's abilities. It's obvious.

I feel like I'm talking to a goddamn wall here. Listen. I'm talking strictly about Anakin's combative abilities when compared to Kenobi's. I couldn't care less about the whole baggage and shit. Was Vader's performance affected by his emotional and mental state, yes or no? It's an easy answer.

If you answer yes, you're basically conceding because that was my point all along and you conveniently failed to see it.

Oh and yeah, I guess it's pretty easy for someone to just overcome all the tragedy, death and sadness going on in their lives and fight like nothing's happened. Kenobi's mentally tougher, sure. Kenobi's not the superior combatant. That was my point all along.

quote:
No, I accepted everything that happened. Maul doesn't get passes for overconfidence. What happened happened. He did skill wise show up Kenobi whereas Vader never did. Years later when he wasn't an emotional wreck he didn't best Kenobi through skill either.

The duel never even ended, lol.

quote:
You're from a poor country I can treat you just as the United States treats your people; like shit. [/B]

laughing out loud

You know, when you attack someone with things like that, it goes a long way to show what type of guy you really are.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I feel like I'm talking to a machine that cannot comprehend the reasons when explained to it. I won't say it again.

laughing out loud Yeah, I have limited intelligence, Quan. Your mocking hurts. Plz stawp.

Your insults do not attempt to refute anything I said. Vader losing against someone he is superior to is more egregious than Maul losing to someone he is inferior to. That's worse on Vader's end.

quote:

You fail to see that I do not give a shit about this, and that I do not actually believe Maul is a failure. But your double standards are mind-blowing, in that you see Vader as an absolute failure when Maul clearly has failed in life several times. Hard. Open your eyes to objectivity.
[/B]
Vader's entire life was a failure. Maul's was not. They clearly aren't the same. You didn't want to address the specifics of why I believe Vader in the end failed worse. He wasn't even a bad guy and yet he was twisted to the dark side. Maul is a bad guy and revels in hatred and doing evil things. Maul stayed true to who he was Vader did not.

quote:

Are you implying Maul would've been able to survive the exact same injuries Vader had after his fight with Kenobi without the help of someone else or without the suit? Nah, even you are not that retarded.
[/B]
Unknown and speculation.

quote:

Yes. And? That's in no way proof that Vader wouldn't have been able to achieve stuff with more competition in the way.
[/B]
Quit avoiding common sense. Vader had an easier path of resistance and all the advantages the empire had to offer. It's like beating a game on super easy and bragging you're a badass.

quote:

Lmao @ at your belief that Palpatine considering him a 'peer' means something. Had Vader rebelled and acquired power on his own, he would've been his 'peer', too.

The only reason why Maul eventually opposed Sidious was because his time at the side of the Dark Lord was over because a Padawan sliced him in half and he was believed dead. Had this not happened, how do you even ****ing know Maul would've even had the balls to oppose him directly? You don't.
[/B]
Except Vader didn't show the ambition nor did he actually do so. I am arguing with facts you're rebutting with maybes. Facts>maybes.

We do not know but we only know what did happen. Maul did oppose him. Maul did achieve factional power and authority through his own machinations and ingenuity.

quote:

Your insults are cute laughing out loud

Can't believe you're actually implying that it's not easy to know if mental and emotional state have an impact on someone's abilities. It's obvious.
[/B]
It does but mature or capable fighters don't let emotions sabotage their abilities. Kenobi managed while Vader could not. Man child. You can't ignore the emotional makeup with Vader and then excuse it. It's a part of who he is. Huge exploitable weakness.

quote:

I feel like I'm talking to a goddamn wall here. Listen. I'm talking strictly about Anakin's combative abilities when compared to Kenobi's. I couldn't care less about the whole baggage and shit. Was Vader's performance affected by his emotional and mental state, yes or no? It's an easy answer.

[/B]
Kenobi's performance was affected as well. But I pose another question. When Vader later met up with Kenobi in ANH did Vader defeat him with his superior skill ? Vader wasn't emotionally affected nor was Kenobi so what happened ?

quote:

If you answer yes, you're basically conceding because that was my point all along and you conveniently failed to see it.

Oh and yeah, I guess it's pretty easy for someone to just overcome all the tragedy, death and sadness going on in their lives and fight like nothing's happened. Kenobi's mentally tougher, sure. Kenobi's not the superior combatant. That was my point all along.
[/B]
False.

Kenobi is the superior combatant against Vader as he proved. Facts matter. Your feelings or opinion don't undermine their confrontations.

quote:

The duel never even ended, lol.

laughing out loud

You know, when you attack someone with things like that, it goes a long way to show what type of guy you really are. [/B]
Another excuse.

It shows you're thin skinned and weak like Anakin. You really do emulate lord Vader.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 10:41 PM
Darth Thor

Quan still making a fool outta himself laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Quan is an evil Thanosi who must be crushed. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 12:04 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

People salty because this messes with their power scaling :P

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:20 AM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Ben Kenobi >> Darth Vader?

Originally posted by Azronger
wonder why Vader didn't use all his powers on Ben;

but this was easily explained by the fact that

Ben was probably stronger than Vader.

maybe Ben was a six, Vader was a four,

-Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays

I've never wanted Maul to kick Obi-Wan's ass as much as I do now.

It's all coming full circle.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:30 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Too bad Maul has already admitted his inferiority. sad

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:35 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Quan still making a fool outta himself laughing out loud
Says the guy who wants no part of a Khan Vader battlezone. You dipped out the day of, skank.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:50 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Too bad Maul has already admitted his inferiority. sad
If only that were explicitly true, and an infallible source. smile

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:52 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well this thing Azronger doesn't even matter, so trying to weave this into anything is pointless.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:53 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well this thing Azronger doesn't even matter, so trying to weave this into anything is pointless.
I see nothing to suggest that Ben > Vader isn't an idea they carried forward since ESB. Vader's character evolved, they wanted to show off his TK, so they make the assumption that Ben is stronger than Vader to reconcile it all.

I see a repeat of Resurrection coming up in the future. smile

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 02:01 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know what I'm gonna do next right.

Someone get me the quote regarding Luke which puts Ben > DE Sidious

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 02:02 AM