KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

X-Men: Supernova

screenrant.com/x-men-supernova-dark-phoenix-cosmic/

Singer gets to direct the film set in space and likely to tackle the Dark Phoenix arc, also rumors suggest that FOX could reach a similar deal that Sony with Marvel. Could we see Logan return to the MCU or possibly see some MCU characters cross into FOX?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by Impediment on Feb 22nd, 2017 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 11:40 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Singer? Noooooooooooooooooo...!

Can hope that rumor is true at least.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 11:52 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It'll probably be his last film for the forseeble future, the newer releases are going to be more focused on Deadpool replacing Wolverine as the franchise's breadwinner and The New mutants trilogy. On top of Xforce and Gambit all coming down the pipeline as well

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 12:15 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Re: Xmen-Supernova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
screenrant.com/x-men-supernova-dark-phoenix-cosmic/

Singer gets to direct the film set in space and likely to tackle the Dark Phoenix arc, also rumors suggest that FOX could reach a similar deal that Sony with Marvel. Could we see Logan return to the MCU or possibly see some MCU characters cross into FOX?

Bit early for April fools isn't it?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 08:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not a surprise Singer is returning...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 14th, 2017 08:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I found the link

http://screenrant.com/x-men-superno...en-movie-title/

nothings been officially confirmed, So people can chill.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 01:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So the Mutant Franchise has reached the "IN SPACE!!" level already?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 01:42 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

At least with this franchise, It at least makes sense with the story that they're using if and when it happens.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 02:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Re: Xmen-Supernova

Originally posted by carthage
... Singer gets to direct the film...

Oh, FFS.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 05:25 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Kazenji
I found the link

http://screenrant.com/x-men-superno...en-movie-title/

nothings been officially confirmed, So people can chill.

Well, as long as they kick the Singer idea.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 05:26 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not sure I really want to see a cosmic Sophie Turner after the last film, assuming it does go the Phoenix in space route.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 06:19 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

(12)
NEXT
SR EXCLUSIVES
MOVIE NEWS
TV NEWS
REVIEWS
VIDEOS
LISTS
TRAILERS
PODCASTS
TOP MOVIES
COMICS
GAMING
X-Men: Supernova Working Title Points to Dark Phoenix Storyline

By Cooper Hood 01.14.2017 12 Comments

SHARES

ON FACEBOOK

The X-Men franchise is at something of a crossroads, with respect to where 20th Century Fox will take the property next on the big screen. 2016’s Deadpool was highly successful and steered clear of the mainline X-Men film narrative, whereas last year’s X-Men: Apocalypse was met with mixed reception; despite the largely positive response to its two previous installments in the First Class trilogy and the infusion of a new, young cast of mutants. As such, Fox is now moving full speed head with spinoffs in the forms of Deadpool 2 and a different young X-Men team adventure, New Mutants.

As for the future of the central X-Men films; the ending to Apocalypse did set up a number of possibilities. One of the potential stories that has been teased for some time is a second attempt at the Dark Phoenix storyline in the X-Men movie universe. Now, following reports that the next mainline X-Men film is titled X-Men: Supernova, the working title for the movie suggest that a “Dark Phoenix 2.0” storyline is indeed in the work.

Production Weekly is reporting that Supernova (as it’s known for now) is operating under the working title “Dark Phoenix.” Not only is this an obvious reference to the aforementioned X-Men story, it also indicates that this project is in fact happening and is separate from New Mutants. The working title also indicates that Fox is close to green-lighting the film, despite having no cast members nor a director officially onboard, at this time.

Phoenix Force X Men: Supernova Working Title Points to Dark Phoenix Storyline
Following the news that Supernova should be the next film in the core X-Men series, we speculated that “Dark Phoenix 2.0” is, in fact, on the way. Not only would this give Fox a chance to do a proper live-action adaptation of the comic book story after X-Men: The Last Stand‘s poorly-received attempt, it would also give Sophie Turner’s Jean Grey a prominent role in Supernova. This is not a complete surprise either, seeing the third act of Apocalypse shows Turner’s Jean Grey tapping into her Phoenix powers.

Based on previous comments by writer/producer Simon Kinberg, Supernova may continue the recent trend of 10 year jumps between X-Men films and take place in the 1990s (possibly putting it alongside New Mutants chronologically). Frequent X-Men helmsman Bryan Singer is not expected to return as director on Supernova, though it’s been reported that First Class trilogy stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence might all appear in some capacity.

McAvoy, in particular, is expected to reprise his role as Charles Xavier/Professor X in New Mutants, so it wouldn’t require a huge stretch of the imagination to think McAvoy could appear in both New Mutants and Supernova (seeing as the actor continues to express his interest in playing Professor X again). If that happens and Supernova does explore the Dark Phoenix storyline, then hopefully things will work out better for McAvoy’s Xavier than they did Patrick Stewart’s Professor X in The Last Stand.

X-Men: Supernova is reportedly in development, but has no official release date.

Source: Production Weekly [via

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 10:14 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

New plot synopsis

http://www.cbr.com/report-x-men-sup...hoenixs-return/

Production/filming slated for June/May

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 06:37 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

After Apocalypse which was barely passable, still not looking forward to this. They should just let the FoX-Menverse die or reboot. Well, Singer being gone would be a step up, but won't believe till I see it. I know this has all been said a lot, but my God does it need to happen.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 09:16 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

interesting

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 11:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Singer needs to step it up. How does someone direct the best Xmen movie to date (X2) but put out nothing but subpar attempts otherwise?

PWNT

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 12:33 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I still don't see why people think X2 was all that "great'".

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 12:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I still don't see why people think X2 was all that "great'".
Great plot, great villains (Magneto, Stryker, and Lady Deathstrike all in one film), gave all the xmen time to shine instead of just Wolverine, that amazing Nightcrawler intro, the Xavier mansion attack scene,(etc...). There were a bunch of things that made X2 amazing

PWNT

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 12:50 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Singer needs to step it up. How does someone direct the best Xmen movie to date (X2) but put out nothing but subpar attempts otherwise?

Days of Future Past wasn't subpar.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 12:53 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Kazenji
Days of Future Past wasn't subpar.
Your right. I actually like that one. I just have Apocalypse fresh in my mind. He's directed 2 Xmen movies that were great (X2, DoFP), one that was good (X1), and one that was flat out bad (Apoc). Not a terrible battling record despite his most recent attempt.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 12:57 AM