KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

And I’m 28, I’ve outlasted the both of you

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 24th, 2018 06:49 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Simon Kinberg is saying the film will be 'Very Loyal' To The X-Men Comics

http://collider.com/dark-phoenix-mo...mic-comparison/

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 04:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

John Campea claiming multiple insiders are saying this film is terrible and the studio has no idea what to do about it.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 10:23 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Straight to the Disney streaming service.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 11:17 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
John Campea claiming multiple insiders are saying this film is terrible and the studio has no idea what to do about it.

Unconfirmed rumors

Also Campea has been full of shit in the past

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 11:35 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The same Campea that Golgo loves to hype up.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 02:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

*cough cough*

What happened to The New Mutants movies?

Early release trailers then nothing.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 03:09 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
*cough cough*

What happened to The New Mutants movies?

Early release trailers then nothing.

There's reports that movie is going to Hulu.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 03:26 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
Unconfirmed rumors

Also Campea has been full of shit in the past

Of course its not confirmed lol

Old Post Jan 25th, 2019 08:23 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

This 1 could do the Dark Phoenix story arc justice and won't have the dumb change it's a alternate personality.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 04:58 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Kinda keep forgetting this exists. The trailer did nothing to grab me, feeling like something I've already seen. Just waiting for this to come and go and see how mutants are handled in MCU and whatnot. The Gifted I've still been enjoying though.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 09:30 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Kinda keep forgetting this exists. The trailer did nothing to grab me, feeling like something I've already seen. Just waiting for this to come and go and see how mutants are handled in MCU and whatnot. The Gifted I've still been enjoying though.

Its a real shame because I loved First Class and really enjoyed DOFP.

But looks like that was mainly down to Mathew Vaughn.

Kinberg is just out of his depth here.

But yeah dont care for this and just waiting for the Marvel rebooted version. Hoping to finally get proper versions of Cyclops and Ice-Man.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 10:49 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

There's some parts of Apocalypse I still like too, just not so much the film as a whole now, and it's unfortunate that where Apoc fell short pretty much told us what to expect for this movie. I try not to judge something too much before it's out, but well, the quality level of Apocalypse matched that of the trailers it had which was met with mostly poor reception, and Dark Phoenix I suspect will be no different. No way do I see this being another First Class where the trailers underwhelmed us but ended up being blown away by the movie. Might still go see Dark Phoenix when it's out, but I feel Fox-Men even with its hits and misses deserved a better story to go out on than this mess.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 12:10 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Can’t wait to see it myself

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 01:14 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

I definitely want to see it just to say goodbye to the superhero franchise I started growing up with when X-Men was released during my 8th grade year in 2000.

Unfortunately, Magneto pretty much describes the main issue I'll have with this movie himself in the trailer, "You're always sorry, Charles. And there's always a speech. And nobody cares."

While I think First Class and DoFP are two of the best comic book movies ever, and I liked Apoc quite a bit, that's what the mainline X-Men movies keep going back to like a crutch: Charles and Erik fight, a group of mutants with Charles fights against a group of mutants with Erik, the main antagonist that isn't Charles or Erik gets taken down, put a hot actress in body paint for Mystique, wash, rinse, repeat.

Charles and Erik's relationship was finished off magnificently with DoFP, but they brought back their on-again, off-again bromance in Apoc. In addition, Patrick Stewart already did his swan song as Professor X in Logan.

So, some quick tips for Kevin Feige and the MCU's future versions of the X-Men:
- Stop going back to Charles and Erik every movie,
- Stop making Mystique of all characters a primary character (LEADER of the X-Men at the conclusion of Apoc?! Pfff).
- Not mentioned above: stop making Logan the centerpiece of every mutant storyline. Love Wolverine. Love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. There's plenty of other characters and storylines out there, as seen in Fox's small screen animated show from the 90's and their current batch of mutant TV dramas.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 04:23 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

They’re ultimately going to sanitize them for the MCU anyway. There’s no chance of Magneto being a morally gray character, and there’s no chance of anything like Logan being made by Disney

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 04:31 PM
steverules_2

For me it's X2 and DOFP at the top. At the bottom of the list is X3 which is a movie that really annoyed me. At the end of X2 we had the perfect set up for the phoenix/dark phoenix storyline, I saw that phoenix silouette in the water and I lost my shit. 3 years later I was greeted with one of the biggest dissapointments for me as a comic book fan, they completely ruined what should've been an easily good film. I dunno who the phuck Famke Janssen was playing but it certainly wasn't phoenix/dark phoenix. They had the perfect set up at the end of X2 and it got completely ruined.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 04:35 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Its a real shame because I loved First Class and really enjoyed DOFP.

But looks like that was mainly down to Mathew Vaughn.

Kinberg is just out of his depth here.

But yeah dont care for this and just waiting for the Marvel rebooted version. Hoping to finally get proper versions of Cyclops and Ice-Man.

Getting the original five right is going to largely decide whether I even remotely like the new movies. X2 gets a massive pass from people even though it completely ****ed some of them up.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 01:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Would love it if they ever gave us the actual First Class. I.e. the Original Five as the first team.

But I doubt that will ever happen.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 10:02 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

^ Would love it if they ever gave us the actual First Class. I.e. the Original Five as the first team.

But I doubt that will ever happen.

Oh, I fully expect them to start us off with a mix, but you can still have all five in a movie alongside characters that are more prominent like Wolverine and Storm.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 10:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote