KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Could have seen this today, but behind on work, so after the crappy reviews I thought screw it, this can wait.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 08:41 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Maybe the audience score will be better, but doubt it. Depending on work and things I have going next week, might see it sometime then, but if I have other things going on by then, this can definitely wait. If this is one last sucker, then it will painfully delay the MCU integration for X-Men.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 09:19 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
If this is one last sucker, then it will painfully delay the MCU integration for X-Men.

Well thats Disneys fault for releasing it I theatres.

They should have just sold it Netflix to recoup what they could, and accepted the loss for the greater good. And theyre still releasing that New Mutants mess as well!

Anyway nobody on the forum seems to have seen it yet. Who knows, might be a case like Venom. Where critics hated it but audiences took a shine to it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 10:05 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Roxy Striar from Collider reckons its a decent movie, and that the critics are being harsh.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 10:49 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Doubt it when Fox have done it to death.

I know theyve never done it right, but still.

The Phoenix Saga needs at least 2 or 3 films to do it right, Not try and cram it all into one film.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 12:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Kazenji
The Phoenix Saga needs at least 2 or 3 films to do it right, Not try and cram it all into one film.

She could be a big threat

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 01:05 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's getting released with all the fanfare that befits a firing squad.

evil face

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 02:49 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

tis'll be good dogshit

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 03:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's sad because everything started with so much promise. I remember thinking "X-Men First Class" would just be a mediocre, at best, summer super hero movie. People had been let down by X3 and Wolverine Origins.

Yet people were blown away by it and by the young cast. While I haven't seen Dark Phoenix yet and Apocalypse wasn't a bad film overall...it seems that potential has been squandered.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 12:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seeing it early viewing tonight.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 01:05 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur
It's sad because everything started with so much promise. I remember thinking "X-Men First Class" would just be a mediocre, at best, summer super hero movie. People had been let down by X3 and Wolverine Origins.

Yet people were blown away by it and by the young cast. While I haven't seen Dark Phoenix yet and Apocalypse wasn't a bad film overall...it seems that potential has been squandered.

Yup.

First Class and DOFP were done by Singer and Vaughn brainstorming together. Vaughn directed the former and Singer the latter.

Then Apocalypse was all just Singer and we saw the drop in quality.

Now DP has gotten a first time director with Simon Kinberg

So after an Epic start theyve just ruined this fresh take on the First Class crew.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 01:08 PM
Darth Thor

Anyway would love the MCU to do the Actual First Class:

Xavier, Cyclops, Jean, Ice-Man, Beast and Angel.

Could add Polaris and Havok as well.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 01:12 PM
Dr Will Hatch

First Class, DOFP, The Wolverine, and Logan are the only good X Men movies.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 07:20 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yup.

First Class and DOFP were done by Singer and Vaughn brainstorming together. Vaughn directed the former and Singer the latter.

Then Apocalypse was all just Singer and we saw the drop in quality.

Now DP has gotten a first time director with Simon Kinberg

So after an Epic start theyve just ruined this fresh take on the First Class crew.

You give Singer too much credit, imo. **** that guy. Wait, no, don't.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 07:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-

Oh you know im no Singer fan.

Just posting out he was in some way involved with the best 2. But when its under his control it all goes to shit fast.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 08:06 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh you know im no Singer fan.

Just posting out he was in some way involved with the best 2. But when its under his control it all goes to shit fast.

The man has talent, no doubt about it. He's made some stellar movies in his time. I just tend to attribute the success of FC and DOFP to Vaughn more than I do him.

As to your point about the First Class, I still think the only way to do it is to have them in flashbacks. Otherwise you have five white teenagers, and even a gay Iceman won't satisfy people. That and it would mean no Wolverine.

If they had any real balls, they'd do one movie that includes the first class and the giant-size team, then break them off and build up through the phoenix and inferno. Like, have two X-Men teams, each with their own movie. That way you can still have the "classic X-Factor" team which is the original five, and the more varied one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 08:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Oh it was definitely more down to Vaughn, but Singer was no doubt involved. In fact the Quicksilver scene was apparently all Singer. Vaughns version had Juggernaut in his place (although that does show the story was pretty much planned out by Vaughn).

Im hoping they want to give Wolverine a bit of a break post Logan. I just wanna let Cyclops shine for a bit before bringing Wolverine in. Kind of like the Red and Green Power Rangers.

I dont see them going Giant-Sized team right off the bat, because im guessing the whole mutant thing is gonna be a fairly new phenomenon. The older ones like Charles, Eric and Logan being rare and not really known about in the past.

The International team with Colossus, Storm and Nightcrawler could be pretty cool.

As long as Cyclops actually leads. And we get some cool X-Men villains done right.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 08:47 PM
tkitna

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
First Class, DOFP, The Wolverine, and Logan are the only good X Men movies.

X2 shits on all of those.

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 06:46 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

X1 is better then X2.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 06:47 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by -Pr-

Too late, DT had sex with him

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 07:12 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote