KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Its time for him to let someone else takeover, But he's like Bay with the Transformers movies at the moment.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 01:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Great plot, great villains (Magneto, Stryker, and Lady Deathstrike all in one film), gave all the xmen time to shine instead of just Wolverine, that amazing Nightcrawler intro, the Xavier mansion attack scene,(etc...). There were a bunch of things that made X2 amazing

Lady Deathstrike was lackluster... X2 was another Wolverine wankfest for the most part IMO, and the start of when others like Cyclops started getting the shaft. Decent film otherwise, and yeah, Nightcrawler and some things was cool, but disagree on it being the best of the series.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Its time for him to let someone else takeover, But he's like Bay with the Transformers movies at the moment.

Yeah... I may have been too forgiving with Apocalypse to a point with how much I love the villain and was happy to see even a loose adaptation of Apoc after 10+ years... But Singer really needs to go.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 01:47 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

one thing you have to admit is that apocalypse is better than x3 and x-orgins.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 06:08 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That's not saying much though sadly. It's either subpar or barely passable depending on how much or how little one liked it. Still, even with the 3rd movie curse, the 2nd X-Men trilogy's a lot better than the first as a whole (outside of maybe some casting choices), imo.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 08:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Great plot, great villains (Magneto, Stryker, and Lady Deathstrike all in one film), gave all the xmen time to shine instead of just Wolverine, that amazing Nightcrawler intro, the Xavier mansion attack scene,(etc...). There were a bunch of things that made X2 amazing

I agree. Its one of my top 5 comic movies ever. Then again, I liked AoA better than DOFP. I thought the first half of DOFP was amazing then it just kept going down hill.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 12:45 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I don't get the Bryan Singer hate. There's a successful franchise because of him and the greater realism he brought to the genre - taking the basic comic subject and playing it out in a realistic everyday world. The Dark Knight Trilogy wouldn't have gone the direction it did if Singer hadn't pioneered this kind of superhero movie first. Things only started to go wrong once he left the franchise; it got better as soon as he came back on.

And I enjoyed Apocalypse.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 18th, 2017 04:05 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Lady Deathstrike was lackluster... X2 was another Wolverine wankfest for the most part IMO, and the start of when others like Cyclops started getting the shaft. Decent film otherwise, and yeah, Nightcrawler and some things was cool, but disagree on it being the best of the series.

Yeah... I may have been too forgiving with Apocalypse to a point with how much I love the villain and was happy to see even a loose adaptation of Apoc after 10+ years... But Singer really needs to go.

thumb up

Originally posted by roughrider
I don't get the Bryan Singer hate. There's a successful franchise because of him and the greater realism he brought to the genre - taking the basic comic subject and playing it out in a realistic everyday world. The Dark Knight Trilogy wouldn't have gone the direction it did if Singer hadn't pioneered this kind of superhero movie first. Things only started to go wrong once he left the franchise; it got better as soon as he came back on.

And I enjoyed Apocalypse.

Well you must at least understand X-Men fans not liking how X1-X3 focused way too much on Wolverine and proper shafted Cyclops...

Aside from that he's made his contribution, but shouldn't just cling to the franchise the way Bay does Transformers.

Vaughn made an excellent contribution/reboot/refresh to the franchise with First Class (one of my all time favourite superhero movies), but then it all just returned to Singer??

Great directors who made great contributions to comic book movies like Favreau, Whedon and Nolan, made their contributions but also left when they could feel they were running out of creative juice for those properties.

Singer should take note Imo.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2017 04:19 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

There seems to be confusion on whether Singer is in or out on this movie. Last summer he said he was out of the series.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 18th, 2017 04:49 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hopefully he stays away.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2017 05:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by rox
one thing you have to admit is that apocalypse is better than x3 and x-orgins.

But those movies are instant classics

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 18th, 2017 08:26 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by roughrider
There seems to be confusion on whether Singer is in or out on this movie. Last summer he said he was out of the series.

Just like how Bay says the next Transformer's movie he's currently doing is his last.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 18th, 2017 11:28 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by steverules_2
But those movies are instant classics

Sure they are Stevie....SURE THEY ARE!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 18th, 2017 11:36 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Singer made 3 out 4 really good X-men movies but this franchise needs a reboot more than anything. It feels like, Singer has lost his vision and ambition when it comes to the Xmen. Apocalypse was nearly as bad as X3.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2017 03:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, I'd go as far as to say he lost it after the first or second film; much of DoFP was Vaughn's work. Despite the disappointment of the last film though (how bad Apoc is is debatable, tho disagree on it being close to X3's level), I still get the feeling there'll be enough yes-yes people for Singer to come back again, unfortunately. Just a matter of when.

Shame, I remember how excited most of us were when DoFP did sort of a reset button (the closest we'll probably get to a reboot sadly), but look where we are now... The universe Singer started helped fill a certain gap for superhero flicks during the early 2000's, but don't think it really holds up now. I'd say let it die in peace after the Logan film, but you know they'll probably press on... It's gone on this long.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2017 03:49 AM
steverules_2

Move the x-men to the MCU

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 19th, 2017 09:51 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
much of DoFP was Vaughn's work.

Yeah.

Originally posted by steverules_2
Move the x-men to the MCU

We wish. Unfortunately there's way too much money in it for Fox, so they'll never completely let it go.. I guess they could have shared it the way Sony has shared Spider-Man, but that would require a complete reboot, which it doesn't look like Fox is ready for anytime soon.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2017 10:11 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

They aren't ready but the fans are

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Feb 19th, 2017 11:33 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Looks like Simon Kinberg could write & also direct the movie

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...-movie#/slide/1

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 12:29 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Patrick Stewart recently stated he believed the xmen could take the avengers. He's out of his mind. The avengers would kick the shit out of these pansies.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 01:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Xavier would mindrape them. Look what SW was able to do.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 01:55 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote