KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna
X2 shits on all of those.

Sure, if you just wanna toss over Wolverine for 2 hours.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 07:18 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by steverules_2
Too late, DT had sex with him

Ha!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 09:57 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I don't like to cheer against any Marvel film; X-Men was once the leading franchise that got Marvel movies out and help make the comic book movie the dominant genre it is today. But with the MCU being the awesome worldwide juggernaut that it is, I just want all Marvel move properties to return to the source and join it.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 11:28 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Oh it was definitely more down to Vaughn, but Singer was no doubt involved. In fact the Quicksilver scene was apparently all Singer. Vaughns version had Juggernaut in his place (although that does show the story was pretty much planned out by Vaughn).

Im hoping they want to give Wolverine a bit of a break post Logan. I just wanna let Cyclops shine for a bit before bringing Wolverine in. Kind of like the Red and Green Power Rangers.

I dont see them going Giant-Sized team right off the bat, because im guessing the whole mutant thing is gonna be a fairly new phenomenon. The older ones like Charles, Eric and Logan being rare and not really known about in the past.

The International team with Colossus, Storm and Nightcrawler could be pretty cool.

As long as Cyclops actually leads. And we get some cool X-Men villains done right.

Your way is how I would do it, given the chance. I just think they're more likely to go for a more diverse cast right from the offset.

Originally posted by tkitna
X2 shits on all of those.

X2, while being an almost solid superhero movie with some really nice scenes, is a ****ing terrible adaptation with plot holes you could drive a truck through.

Originally posted by steverules_2
Too late, DT had sex with him

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 01:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
Your way is how I would do it, given the chance. I just think they're more likely to go for a more diverse cast right from the offset.

The International team lead by Cyclops could work.

However most of those X-Men are already used in the Fox films,(as are most of the FC).. So im guessing Marvel will want to use characters that Fox hasnt used (or at least not done much with).

Like with their Spider-Man films, they are going for villains not used in previous movies.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 02:52 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The International team lead by Cyclops could work.

However most of those X-Men are already used in the Fox films,(as are most of the FC).. So im guessing Marvel will want to use characters that Fox hasnt used (or at least not done much with).

Like with their Spider-Man films, they are going for villains not used in previous movies.

I wouldn't be surprised. I still fully expect to see Gambit (as he's arguably the most notable absence from the actual X-Men team movies), Rogue (but with flight powers etc) though, and probably Jubilee too.

Basically the TAS cast for the most part, but they might add in the likes of Nightcrawler to add some literal colour to it.

I am curious about Colossus too. I mean, he got to shine in Deadpool, but I have to believe they'll be redoing the likes of him and the Juggernaut going forward.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 03:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Saw this last night. Its not good, but it is watchable. I have it slightly above Last Stand, and definitely above Origins. They do more with the plot than Apocalypse, which at times makes it more interesting, but it also is messier. The fight scenes without Jean Grey are unfortunately the best parts. Villain is totally underdeveloped as well.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 03:20 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-

I am curious about Colossus too. I mean, he got to shine in Deadpool, but I have to believe they'll be redoing the likes of him and the Juggernaut going forward.

Hmm I think because Colossus has such a big part in Deadpool I dont see Marvel rushing to put him on the team.

They may also be a little shy on Juggernaut given hes been used twice now by Fox, but I hope not. Would love to see Juggernaut and Apocalypse done right. But in terms of villains Im guessing they will go with Mr. Sinister first as Fox never used him.

Originally posted by Myth
but it also is messier.

Thats because they used a first time director. Such a shame for their final outing.

Anyway should be watching this tonight.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 03:35 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hmm I think because Colossus has such a big part in Deadpool I dont see Marvel rushing to put him on the team.

They may also be a little shy on Juggernaut given hes been used twice now by Fox, but I hope not. Would love to see Juggernaut and Apocalypse done right. But in terms of villains Im guessing they will go with Mr. Sinister first as Fox never used him.

Thats because they used a first time director. Such a shame for their final outing.

Anyway should be watching this tonight.

Even if they keep putting Colossus in Deadpool movies, I expect him to be different somehow.

I feel like Sinister will be the hardest of the major villains to do right, but I'm hoping they can do it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 03:38 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Is Colossus in this movie?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 03:42 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Is Colossus in this movie?

I'm 99.9% sure he isn't.

We were just talking about how the MCU might or might not change him when the time comes to reboot everything for the Disney movies.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 03:45 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Ooooooh lord this movie is pure garbage....

Do not watch it!!!

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 07:09 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

This movie is decent but nothing like first class, drop, x2. Better than last stand.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 08:02 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

well i was hoping this would turn out to be good as i went in with low expectations.
the first act i felt bored coz i knew [SPOILER - highlight to read]: raven would die so that was not shocking. second act, the film was a tad better. i know actors/actresses are only good as the script provided but the script was atrociously written. third and final act was okay but the film as a whole is junk. chastain, lawrence, turner, fassbender and mcavoy are all freaking talented and faves of mine, but they were wasted.. kinberg is a joke.

KEEP KINBERG AWAY FROM THE MCU.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 09:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Anyway, might see depending on my schedule next week.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 09:13 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Urm.. Film was decent. Definitely not the worst X-Men film, and recommend to anyone who liked Apocalypse.

Rotten Tomatoes is just BS. They might as well scrap it.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2019 11:32 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Apocalypse was "rotten" too, wasn't it?

And it would have to try really hard in order to become the worst X-Men film.

I did like the trailer, so I'm trying to stay optimistic.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 12:18 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Iirc some people here liked Apocalypse. So id definitely recommend it to them, as this is better. But it will likely be divisive.

That said, had some of the coolest action scenes in the entire franchise tbh. Have loved Magnetos arc through all 4 of these films. 1000* better than the Ian Mckellen version just being pure evil. As well as the friendship between the two Old Friends.

And I cant help but appreciate Kinberg for doing something none of the previous directors did. Which is to save just a Tiny bit of love for Cyclops. No major character arc for him or anything, but he was... finally... relevant.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 12:31 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sounds good. I'll have to see for myself.

After this, we get New Mutants... and that's it, right? Or Disney is still not sure?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 12:40 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sounds good. I'll have to see for myself.

After this, we get New Mutants... and that's it, right? Or Disney is still not sure?

Yep thats it. But I really dont see the point in it.

The end of this was actually a nice ending to the series.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 01:53 AM