KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Xavier would mindrape them. Look what SW was able to do.
She had help with Ultron and QS. She's also an avenger as is Vision. They would stomp the shit out of the xmen. Bunch of pansies.

Disney marvel universe would wipe both the DC and the xmen universes off the map.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 01:56 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Fox has their version of QS is massively faster than the MCU version.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 02:15 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Fox has their version of QS is massively faster than the MCU version.
Oh I know but that still doesn't save the xmen. Avengers are just too damn good.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 02:29 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Concession Accepted.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 02:31 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Concession Accepted.
That wasn't a point I ever raised. You seem to be very retarded these days. avengers win over the xmen. Cry more about Disney marvels superiority.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 02:32 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Dark Phoenix already? This really will be another Last Stand.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 03:13 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Dark Phoenix already? This really will be another Last Stand.

I doubt it'll be that bad.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2017 05:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Maybe, maybe not, but was never really sold on Sophie Turner as Jean Grey.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 04:56 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah. I like her just fine as an actress, but I didn't buy her as Jean. Might have been the script though. Same with a few of the others too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 05:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Movie officially titled Dark Phoenix

Release date is expected for November of 2018

http://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-title/

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 06:42 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

no expression

It just occurred to me earlier, but what the hell ever happened to Gambit? The dude that played him in Wolverine Origins (forgot his name at the moment) was signed up to reprise him as part of the X-Men in future films, and before Apocalypse came out I remember seeing links/news that Gambit would be in it but it never happened. Even for Fox that's rather frustrating, as he's always been one of my favorite X-Men members in general.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 06:54 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

no expression

It just occurred to me earlier, but what the hell ever happened to Gambit? The dude that played him in Wolverine Origins (forgot his name at the moment) was signed up to reprise him as part of the X-Men in future films, and before Apocalypse came out I remember seeing links/news that Gambit would be in it but it never happened. Even for Fox that's rather frustrating, as he's always been one of my favorite X-Men members in general.

Still in developmental hell.. as far as i know channing tatum is still attached

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 06:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

no expression

Ya Taylor Kitsch was replaced by Tatum, who was also producer, correct? Supposed to have been in Fox's Fall/Holiday 2016 release slate, which would have given the X-Men-verse Winter (Deadpool), Summer (X-Men: Apoc) and Fall/Holiday (if Gambit would've come through) movie releases in 2016

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 08:52 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
Movie officially titled Dark Phoenix

Release date is expected for November of 2018

http://www.cbr.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-title/

They're rushing it again. That didn't work out so well for them last time.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 09:27 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Darth Thor
They're rushing it again. That didn't work out so well for them last time.

Yep really have no idea why Fox is going straight to Phoenix...again:

- We have a clear template on how to make cinematic universes work in Marvel. Even Fox released perhaps the best example of long-game movie universe movie with Days of Future Past.
- We have a clear template on how NOT to make cinematic universes work in DC and Sony's failed attempt at a Spider-Man cinematic universe.

Take the time, adapt at least one or two more good X-Men team comic arcs, then you'll have 2-4 'X-Men: Apocalypse' era X-Men movies, at least one New Mutants movie, and at least 2 Deadpool movies under Fox's newer X-Men-verse's proverbial belt.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 10:43 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

thumb up
Since it's Fox though, they'll probably take another step or two back before they manage to take another step forward...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 10:56 PM
John Murdoch

thumb up
Since it's Fox though, they'll probably take another step or two back before they manage to take another step forward...

True dat.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 11:02 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

This would be a perfect time for Fox to let Marvel borrow Hugh Jackman's Wolverine though. Now that Logan has effectively ended that iteration of the character in the Foxverse they don't need to worry about losing profits to a rival studio. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, because I'm sure Jackman would come back to play a quick role in the MCU.

Just imagine Iron MAn, Spidey, Capt America and Wolverine chewing in a scene together. The interplay would be amazing imo

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2017 11:09 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Even if Fox allowed Marvel to use Wolverine, chances are Marvel would want to use their own version, and not Fox's version.

Remember when Sony let Marvel use Spidey, Andrew Garfield got the sack.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 12:14 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Firefly218
This would be a perfect time for Fox to let Marvel borrow Hugh Jackman's Wolverine though. Now that Logan has effectively ended that iteration of the character in the Foxverse they don't need to worry about losing profits to a rival studio. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, because I'm sure Jackman would come back to play a quick role in the MCU.

Just imagine Iron MAn, Spidey, Capt America and Wolverine chewing in a scene together. The interplay would be amazing imo

That would be fantastic. Just bring back Jackman to fight Thanos and explain it via "Reality Stone or whatever shenanigans caused Wolverine to show up here".

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Even if Fox allowed Marvel to use Wolverine, chances are Marvel would want to use their own version, and not Fox's version.

Remember when Sony let Marvel use Spidey, Andrew Garfield got the sack.

If Wolverine were to be rebooted ala Spider-Man, yes most likely. But man, it'd be great if they just did a one-shot movie appearance in something like Infinity War with Jackman smile

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 12:33 AM