KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 31 32 [33]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, with New Mutants, really not sure how to feel. At least with Dark Phoenix I had a good idea of what I was getting into for the story (and Deadpool in the case of unconnected films/spinoffs that were more its own thing), but that first footage of New Mutants was more "What the hell am I looking at?". Will keep an eye on it I guess. Shame about Mr Sinister getting snubbed though.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jul 9th, 2019 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2019 11:00 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I dunno, man.

Was supposed to be a horror story at first.

Then they got forced in include some comedy elements, if I recall right.

It may suck.

I still have my fingers crossed that it's more horror than anything else.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2019 12:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by -Pr-
Even with all that's happened, I'm legit curious about New Mutants. I'm really interested in going and seeing it.
Same here. thumb up

And yes, I hope they stay true to the original Horror intent they had in mind.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 10th, 2019 01:04 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

September 17th is the release date of the DVD/BR according to this site at least:

https://marvelousnews.com/287-25385

That's awfully quick, or am I wrong?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 01:10 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

September 17th is the release date of the DVD/BR according to this site at least:

well that's what happens with flops

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 03:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I think thats quite a long time, considering its theatrical run is basically finished.

Hopefully some of you guys will finally watch it then!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2019 09:23 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So, I just watched this...

Taking the X-Men lore out of the equation, and what we're left with is... Not much. It's a movie that draws not just far too much from X-Men: The Last Stand, but also from previous movies in this iteration of the X-Men. It feels like far too much of is it "been there, done that", even when it's being inconsistent with itself. And sure, while there are a couple of plot threads that actually seem interesting initially, they don't really go anywhere useful, if anywhere at all. The writing in general is just... Crap, if I'm being honest. The acting wasn't much better outside of McAvoy and Hoult, though Fassbender didn't really have a lot to do outside of what little they gave him. Pouty-Lips actually seemed okay as Cyclops as they gave him more to do, but he was, like most of them, the victim of bad writing. He's just less inconsistent than the others.

Sophie Turner... She tried. I'll give her that. Can't give her much more than that. Famke did a much better job of actually seeming tormented in Last Stand, imo.

Chastain... She's a good actress, but this role did absolutely nothing for her.

Otherwise, there were a couple of nice bits and pieces. The space-mission at the start is actually done well. Magneto and Jean duelling over the helicopter wasn't bad.

I will say this: The train sequence is one of the best action sequences in an X-Men movie. I mean, X-Men as a franchise isn't exactly overburdened with great action, but I really, really enjoyed it.

As an X-Men movie? It's not good. At all. Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique just... She gets in the way, and the movie is the poorer for it. It never recovers after she dies. Magneto gets crap henchmen too. A wasted Selene and hair-braid guy. Fantastic.

And why the **** does Storm, or anyone at the funeral, need a ****ing umbrella?

Cyclops with that f-bomb made me lol, as out of the blue as it was. That and him actually getting to do shit was a nice consolation for the fact that his VFX was horrible. Though what happened to him and Charles yelling at each other? That was in the trailer, but not in the movie... Stupid reshoots.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 02:47 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sophie Turner...

Chastain...

(please log in to view the image)

They should've had more scenes, if you know what I mean

Magneto gets crap henchmen too. A wasted Selene and hair-braid guy. Fantastic.

TLS all over again. Remember "Psylocke" there?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 02:56 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up

Yeah. WTF. I mean, it's not like they care about continuity. Give us the Blob, Avalanche and Pyro. Or even one of them. Or ****ing Toad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 02:58 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Give us the Blob, Avalanche and Pyro. Or even one of them. Or ****ing Toad.

Dude, my thoughts exactly laughing out loud

If they wanna be lazy... let them be lazy and pick those villains from the Brotherhood/Freedom Force...

Hell, three of them were used already. BLOB WAS USED TWICE (Origins + Apocalypse). So, re-designing Pyro and Toad wouldn't be a problem.

... Toad actually benefited a lot from his movie version. Even though it was short-lived and he got pummeled by Jarvis in AvX, so he's probably back to his "classic" power levels.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 03:07 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Dude, my thoughts exactly laughing out loud

If they wanna be lazy... let them be lazy and pick those villains from the Brotherhood/Freedom Force...

Hell, three of them were used already. BLOB WAS USED TWICE (Origins + Apocalypse). So, re-designing Pyro and Toad wouldn't be a problem.

... Toad actually benefited a lot from his movie version. Even though it was short-lived and he got pummeled by Jarvis in AvX, so he's probably back to his "classic" power levels.

Yeah. They have so many classic characters that they either didn't use, or didn't use well. Hopefully the MCU version won't make those same mistakes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 03:27 AM
Darth Thor

Though what happened to him and Charles yelling at each other? That was in the trailer, but not in the movie... Stupid reshoots.

Was better for it IMO.

I liked that Cyclops was Charles no.1 X-Man. And with his F Bomb and helping to convince Eric and Hank on the train, he didnt need an argument with Charles to prove he has his own mind and isnt just a puppet.

He was also the last to go down against those soldiers Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 08:26 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Was better for it IMO.

I liked that Cyclops was Charles no.1 X-Man. And with his F Bomb and helping to convince Eric and Hank on the train, he didnt need an argument with Charles to prove he has his own mind and isnt just a puppet.

He was also the last to go down against those soldiers Happy Dance

I honestly felt like some of the dialogue they gave to Mystique and Beast would have actually worked better if it was Scott's, but only if they'd actually built him up in the previous movie as being more prominent. As it was, it felt like too little, too late.

The action part was good though, yeah. He was treating them like fodder until Chastain turned up.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 11:28 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Jean forcing Chuck to walk was a great scene cool

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 03:04 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah. And kudos to McAvoy. I felt like they butchered his character at times, but the man can turn shit in to gold.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 03:56 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I was kinda disappointed Mags didn't show any of his further enhanced powers he got in XMA.

Like, you know, the spongy forcefield or anything.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 04:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I feel like most of Apocalypse was just forgotten in general tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 04:35 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Who was the hair guy, anyway?

Anyone we remember from comics?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 04:47 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He's nobody I'd ever heard of. Even google just lists him as a movie-verse character only.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ariki_(Earth-TRN414)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 31st, 2019 06:04 PM