KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X-Men: Dark Phoenix

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

To NOT release these two films would be monumentally stupid, IMO. The money has already been spent and the talent used.

Just because the Fox merger is all but done and the X-Men franchise is 50/50 going to be completely recast and rebooted doesn't mean that these films can be released and entertain people.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 06:35 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
X-Men: Apocalypse was that bad, huh?

Apoc was terrible.

Like worse than DCEU films.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 07:54 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Apoc was terrible.

Sigh. So Delph was right.

Way to go, FOX. Ruining their Thanos equivalent, smh.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 07:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

You’ve got be pretty retarded if you think trash like Suicide Squad or BVS was better
Wish not surprising Thor is

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 07:57 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Fox fanboy loses his shit.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 08:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Calm down, guys.

Why there was no more involvement from Matthew Vaughn?

As far as I know, he was responsible in the big part for the success of FC and DOFP, wasn't he?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 08:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Days of Future Past was great, IMO.

Apocalypse wasn't that good, save for a few scenes. So much wasted potential.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 08:30 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Impediment
Days of Future Past was great, IMO.

Agreed, DoFP was all kinds of awesome thumb up

Apocalypse wasn't that good, save for a few scenes. So much wasted potential.

Sucks to hear that. Majority of KMC seemed to dislike it, that's why I decided to skip it. Bad score on RT, to boot. Apoc's been one of my favorite villains since TAS.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix is likely to suffer the same fate...

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 08:39 PM
Impediment
Endless

Apocalypse was used as a throwaway villain when he's all kinds of bad ass in the comic books.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 09:22 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

To NOT release these two films would be monumentally stupid, IMO. The money has already been spent and the talent used.

Just because the Fox merger is all but done and the X-Men franchise is 50/50 going to be completely recast and rebooted doesn't mean that these films can be released and entertain people.

IMO they'll get released and then whether they are flops or hits won't matter much as Feige will recast...

Calm down, guys.

Why there was no more involvement from Matthew Vaughn?

As far as I know, he was responsible in the big part for the success of FC and DOFP, wasn't he?

he died a long time ago lmao...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 09:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Apocalypse was used as a throwaway villain when he's all kinds of bad ass in the comic books.

Yeah, he is. What a waste.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
he died a long time ago lmao...

Crude joke, even by KMC standards.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 09:50 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

^ Fox fanboy loses his shit.

I’m not a FOX fanboy I’m fine with the X-men going y the MCU. But comparing them to turds that can’t even break even with 3 of the most iconic heroes in JL and crap like BVS is hilarious. I can’t wait for the X-men to interact with other Marvel properties. Thor might have issues if they don’t suck the comics off though

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 10:15 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

X-Men: Apocalypse was that bad, huh?
Not dreadful but way worse than Days of future past for me the only really good film fox ever pulled off.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 01:37 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Streaming service it up.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 01:37 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Apoc was terrible.

Not even close

But then again, it might be me. I'm not even a huge X-Men fan, but X-Men 2 is a top 5 comic book movie of all time for me.

By Stoic

Last edited by tkitna on Jul 30th, 2018 at 01:42 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 01:40 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Yeah, he is. What a waste.

Crude joke, even by KMC standards.

i would love to see him direct an MCU film though..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 03:34 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by tkitna
Not even close

But then again, it might be me. I'm not even a huge X-Men fan, but X-Men 2 is a top 5 comic book movie of all time for me.

X2 was great. First Class was Epic. DOFP was great.

Apoc just sucked bad. And yes it was close or worse. As bad as Doomsday was, he still somewhat resembles Doomsday.Apoc was just some random villain who can do anything who they named Apoc.

And aside from the Quicksilver scene, and Eric backstory for the film, I can not think of 1 good scene. It was a very boring and pointless film. And looking at the drop in box office and critic scores, the audience seems to have agreed.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 08:12 AM
tkitna

I thought Apoc was done a lot better than Doomsday was. A lot. Doomsday was so bad that Snyder back tracked and said it wasnt really Doomsday at all. Lol.

I loved the entire ending of AoA. I went in blind and when Phoenix appeared, I had a little nerdgasm. Minority or not, I really liked the movie.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 09:16 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ To each his own.

Im just glad X-Men is back with Marvel. Especially so after Apoc and the nonsense Dark Phoenix seems to be.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 10:53 AM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought apocalypse was decent but not as good as the first two films.

I’m glad I didn’t buy SvB.....

Old Post Jul 30th, 2018 02:03 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote