KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » single-usage herald level tournament discussion!

single-usage herald level tournament discussion!
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Warning single-usage herald level tournament discussion!

This is a discussion thread for a tournament idea I recently had that could be pretty fun

RULES (so far)

- One character draft per round

- As the title says, once a character is drafted, it can only be used ONCE in the tournament and becomes unusable thereafter.

- High herald and down are free to be chosen.

- Alternate versions of characters are banned unless they are entirely separate characters, for example a random number universe Thor that has no panel time "does" exist but it's not allowed. Same goes for time periods in the future of the same character. Ultimate Thor would be separate, however.

- All powers are free to use including amping. Banned abilities are time manipulation of past and future. Someone who perceives time slowly or whatever is fine.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2017 01:01 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Not bad

Old Post Jan 15th, 2017 05:03 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Should it be two characters to make it more interesting?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 02:41 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Then you'l be dealing a massive amount of insane power meshes because of the lack of restrictions on usable powers. If you're wanting stuff decided by the debating rather than the drafting, keep it at 1 character.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:14 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by psycho gundam

Youd have to change your power cap/ abilities.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:17 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by darthgoober
Then you'l be dealing a massive amount of insane power meshes because of the lack of restrictions on usable powers. If you're wanting stuff decided by the debating rather than the drafting, keep it at 1 character.
That's what I wanted to avoid initially thumb up

Let me know if you guys are interested so we can have something going soon.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 10:35 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Looks good to me. Id take away turtling/self bfr though

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 04:32 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by darthgoober

Imagine this in Marvel vs Capcom 2:

Pick 1: "I pick Sentinel and Magneto!"

Pick 2: "I pick Cable and Storm!"

Everyone else: "Well, shit. No chance of winning now, I'm out."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 04:47 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by cdtm

Id solo with son son

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 04:53 PM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

that t.bonne tho

Old Post Jan 27th, 2017 05:08 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by cdtm

Not really. The crazier it gets the better. Anything short of time manipulation and the characters can only be used once and that's it

I'm still on the fence with making it two on two cause it makes the sum more dynamic as well as the burn through of the character pool

Old Post Jan 29th, 2017 12:59 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I'm in.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 04:38 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I'm in, too.

I'm also drunk off my ass and my hearing s fading in and out. But I'm sure I'd want in if I wasn't nearly dead.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 04:49 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Ideally 6 competitors is enough to start

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 09:10 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I'm keen, just back from Hols in Singapore and Hong Kong and need something to dust off the cobwebs ( so probably be out first pop)

Old Post Apr 19th, 2017 11:14 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Who else is in?

So far:

Abhilegend

Cdtm

Beatboks

Old Post May 27th, 2017 09:23 PM